Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

New SW downloaded
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
arsi

Finland 2005 LR3 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverLR3
New SW downloaded

I had my car in service yestarday. Among other things the latest SW version was downloaded. It may be too early to say what it actually cures but initially I can report following things:

- I have had transmission/system/etc faults daily, especially at cold mornings. Today I have had none.

- No more black smoke from exthaust. This is related to EGR not working properly with earlier SW in my car. Related to this is that the sound of the engine is, or at least I think, a bit different. Could it also be possible or is again my imagination that this affects to engine torque and power also.

- Warm air does spread more evenly in cabin. No only your feets gets hot but warm air is blowed from middle vents also. Also the temperature control seems to work evenly.

Post #3687810th Jan 2006 9:08 pm
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

WOW... if thats the case we must all head for our nearest and dearest LR dealer tomorrow !

Keep us posted on what you think and if poss find out what date (and version) the SW was available to the dealer network.

Cheers

-s

Post #3689710th Jan 2006 10:33 pm
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Arsi, good to hear. What caused the dealer to download the s/ware? in the UK they don't like doing it unless they have to due to the amount of time it takes and means that the testbook, WDS, whatever it's called this week, is unavailable for quicker jobs

Post #3689910th Jan 2006 10:36 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
simon

mine gets done whenever I book it in Wink

Will call em tomorrow and see if there has been a release since my service.

-s

Post #3690310th Jan 2006 10:39 pm
Winger
Site Moderator 

2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

If it was done with WDS 12, I hope they applied to two patches beforehand.....

Post #3690910th Jan 2006 10:48 pm
simon

eh ?

Post #3691210th Jan 2006 10:57 pm
steveho

United Kingdom 

the latest version of wds is 12-but there has been two recent patches to this version which dealers have had to load onto their machines which cure known issues inparticular the fuel temp sensor issue which can cause a loss of power situation and the other being revised air suspension software to go with the latest compressors.

With regards to software downloads most of the modules are configurable and at lot of dealers it is common practice to re-configure modules as a matter of course when the T4 is conected to a vehicle,i don't think there would be too many dealers who would resist doing downloads due to the time it would take.

Post #3739113th Jan 2006 11:31 pm
Ecosse

Arsi - does the latest software still leave the "Settings" section in the computer Menu that allows the cabin preheater timer to be set? (on those cars that had it in the first place)

Post #3743414th Jan 2006 6:39 pm
Kevin

United Kingdom 

Hi Ecosse

Latest software installed yesterday :Preheat timer still in settings menu.
 Kevin

BAS TUNE

Faultmate MSV-2 MULTI VEHICLE 

Post #3751615th Jan 2006 2:54 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
simon

steveho wrote:
the latest version of wds is 12-but there has been two recent patches to this version which dealers have had to load onto their machines which cure known issues inparticular the fuel temp sensor issue which can cause a loss of power situation and the other being revised air suspension software to go with the latest compressors.

With regards to software downloads most of the modules are configurable and at lot of dealers it is common practice to re-configure modules as a matter of course when the T4 is conected to a vehicle,i don't think there would be too many dealers who would resist doing downloads due to the time it would take.

As ever, thanks Steve.

Do you know when WDS 12 was released to the channel (along with the patches) also how long it takes to update the car and sort the HVACS mapping out too ?

Cheers

-s

Post #3752915th Jan 2006 10:33 am
Winger
Site Moderator 

Version 12 has been out for some time now.

Post #3753315th Jan 2006 11:46 am
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Are there any specific modules we should be asking dealers to upgrade or the whole lot?
 The End  
Post #3753415th Jan 2006 11:48 am
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Sorry, the above was a bit vague! I'm interested in the update that seems to offer smoother running and a potential increase in fuel economy that a few members had reported since getting the latest software. Should I be asking my dealer for an across the board software upgrade or just specific modules? Does that make sense to those of you familiar with WDS?
 The End  
Post #3753615th Jan 2006 12:08 pm
Winger
Site Moderator 

Just in case anyone is confused by all the talk of "versions", the WDS software provides diagnostics for all Land Rover vehicles. It is entirely possible that from one version to the next there is nothing new that relates to the Discovery 3, and even if there is, it may well be just corrections to software glitches - communication with ECUs, retrieving or writing data and the like.

As already mentioned, most of the vehicle control units can be interrogated and have settings altered using T4. As far as I know, to the extent that Land Rover have decided that a set of different parameters needs to be applied to vehicles to improve performance or rectify issues, then this will be done as a part of any service procedure as a matter of course - not least as it is my understanding that the vehicle will be attached to T4 to be interrogated for any faults that have occured since the last service; in other words, the vehicle tells the technician if anything needs attention.

Si, I think that you'd be looking for a check that everything is in order on the engine control module at least, possibly gearbox/transfer box too.

Post #3754115th Jan 2006 12:33 pm
Ecosse

Winger - any idea if there is a means for owners to check the software version loaded themselves? or does this need the dealer & their diagnostics computer?

Post #3765116th Jan 2006 8:40 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >