DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

New SW downloaded
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Winger
Site Moderator 

2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

The answer to that is no.

As I have tried to convey, the WDS version number is misleading. WDS 12 may contain nothing new for the D3 from version 10 or 11. If there are important, general updates to be made, then I understand that dealers will do this as a matter of course during the diagnostic interrogation whilst the car is being serviced - unless, of course, you are suffering from a particular problem, for which there is a known software update.

What each WDS version does contain, though, is the latest versions of all the ECU configuration files, so there is no need to look back to previous versions.

Post #3767316th Jan 2006 11:35 am
steveho

United Kingdom 

WDS is the diagnostic system for disco3,range rover sport and new range rover-when a new version is released which is every few months or so there is a section on the disc called 'release notes' this section tells you of all the additions to the operating system ranging from very minor to major fixes across the three vehicles.(on average there are approx a dozen or so additions to the system)-therefore warranting a new release.

Patches are a new thing where fixes can be despatched to the dealer via GTR rapidly to cure particular problems without going through the lengthy process of making and distributing a new disc/version.

owners should be aware that sometimes when new faults develop there are often no fixes available and dealers are often stuck between a rock and a hard place .

Post #3836020th Jan 2006 8:31 pm
BrianX

Location: Bolton UK - it may be 'grim up north' but at least you get gravy on yer' chips.

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

If I have the software patch/upgrade applied then will it affect the ECU which I have had superchipped Confused
 '
'
'05 Disco3 TDV6 - gone
'06 Disco3 TDV6 - gone
'08 Freelander 2 - gone
'98 P38 V8/LPG - gone
'02 L322 V8 - gone
'02 Freelander 1 - gone
'05 Disco 3 TDV6 - SWMBO
'06 L322 V8 - current

Post #3902724th Jan 2006 6:10 pm
Pelyma

England 

Shouldn't do.
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #3904624th Jan 2006 7:43 pm
SteveNorman

United Kingdom 
Superchip

Hi,
It all depends how you have it chipped. If it was serially via the diagnostic socket, then a software update via T4 will over-write your superchip upgrade.
If you have an add on box or similar then it won't affect it.
The updates are similar to updating most version of software, you delete the previous version & install the new version, (Although T4 will just check the version you have installed & suggest you update when you are interrogating the system).
HTH

Regards
Steve

Post #3950426th Jan 2006 10:40 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Robbie

United Kingdom 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Baltic BlueDiscovery 4

My car will be delivered on Saturday. The dealer tells me that the workshop will ensure that the car is loaded with the latest version of software.

How do I check that this is true - is there a code or something I can bring up on a menu or screen?

Post #416148th Feb 2006 3:27 pm
Winger
Site Moderator 

2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

Robbie,

This has been discussed frequently. Long and short is, there is no such thing as the latest software version - and there is no way you can check in any event.

Software for the miriad of programmable control modules is pre-loaded at the factory. Updates for vehicles already on the road is made available, as required, by dealers using the T4 diagnostic system, and Land Rover's WDS system. The current version is 13.

Any update that have been made available since the vehicle was launched should be regarded as minor patches to what is already on the car - small changes to sensor parameters and the like.

In short, don't fret about software. I suspect there are many people driving around in end 2004 vehicles that have not had any ECU updates since they were built. When an issue arises, if it is software related, the dealer simply uploads the new version to the vehicle.

Post #416158th Feb 2006 3:37 pm
BrianX

Location: Bolton UK - it may be 'grim up north' but at least you get gravy on yer' chips.

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

My D3 last week had it's first set of upgrades since it was born. It's an early 05 which had a number of niggly faults such as seat and mirror memory quirks, odd button behaviour and stuff - nothing of which really worth loosing the car for 2 days over. Whatever LR have done seems to have sorted the problems out in one go. My point here is that it did not affect the remapped ECU in any way at all (relief). However, driving around in a freelander for 2 days reminded me of what an excellent bit of kit the D3 is, with or without the little niggles. The strange thing is that the reason it went to LR in the first place was because only the drivers side of the windscreen demisted, and they can't sort that for 2 weeks Confused
 '
'
'05 Disco3 TDV6 - gone
'06 Disco3 TDV6 - gone
'08 Freelander 2 - gone
'98 P38 V8/LPG - gone
'02 L322 V8 - gone
'02 Freelander 1 - gone
'05 Disco 3 TDV6 - SWMBO
'06 L322 V8 - current

Post #4320320th Feb 2006 1:10 pm
Post Reply Back to top