Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Fitted Sunshades
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 5 of 11 <123 456 ... 91011>
JLMARTIN

Spain 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

Can´t remember the figure (will check on my e-Bay account) I paid in GBP, but it came to around $160 (including shipping), and no, I still have not received my set... Sad

The "you should receive them in three days" promise will expire tomorrow. I´ll be raising hell if I do not receive them then, as this has been going on for two months now and all promises keep on expiring without consequence....

I must say that I am very concerned about the fact that these people have not shown up here to clear the record (i have suggested this to them almost every time I have made contact) Evil or Very Mad

Talk about customer service....

I would personally would not recommend sending any cash to this people upfront. Personal view.

Will keep you updated.....
 JL Martin
2006 TDV6 HSE Tonga Green/Alpaca (used to be LRTuned) 

Post #564394th May 2006 8:38 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Stephen Giles

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Manual Adriatic BlueDiscovery 3

Dear Members

Please allow me to introduce my self briefly. My name is Steve Giles and I am one of the Directors of O E Sunshades, the manufacturer of the fitted sunshade around which this topic revolves.

Earlier today I spoke with a fellow Disco3 member, Mr Priest who informed me of a few problems that members have encountered with the product or moreover the service from our company.

In recent weeks our company have been through a number of changes and my colleague who had intially set up the site has changed role. Regretably we failed as a company to keep on top of things with regards to on-line sales of our product.

Having had this brought to my attention, I have made moves to rectify the situation and any members who have orders outstanding will be receiving parts in the next few days.

You will perhaps have noticed that our E-Bay shop has now been taken off-line. This was an instruction made by myself whilst we sort out the few minor internal problems.

Anyone who has made payment for their products will of course receive them and I will have this checked here to ensure that is the case.

In the mean time I would like to thank members who have made positive comments about our product. As a company we are still in our infancy but we are growing quickly and I must ensure that our service is equal to the quality of the product.

As I am now a member of this forum, I will post more information here over the next couple of weeks to inform potential customers where they are able to access our parts from.

Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience which has been caused and I hope that our product can be enjoyed by more of you in the future.

Kindest Regards

Steve Giles
O E Sunshades

Post #565125th May 2006 1:57 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
KL

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Stephen Giles wrote:

As I am now a member of this forum, I will post more information here over the next couple of weeks to inform potential customers where they are able to access our parts from.

Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience which has been caused and I hope that our product can be enjoyed by more of you in the future.

Kindest Regards

Steve Giles
O E Sunshades

Stephen

Would it be too much to ask that you supply your contact information here, to assist our members who have been very patiently for some resolution?

I'm sure they will post positively as soon as you have resolved their disputes.
 Discovery 3 tdv6 7 seat Buckingham Blue
Had it since new - sold Jun 17 after 12 years and 214,000 miles 

Post #565145th May 2006 2:27 pm
afp001

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

[quote="Stephen Giles"]Dear Members

Earlier today I spoke with a fellow Disco3 member, Mr Priest who informed me of a few problems that members have encountered with the product or moreover the service from our company.

Mr Giles, thanks for your rapid response. The name is Preece not Priest, but I'll forgive you.
It was good to speak with you today. Personally, I will now commit to an order. I am sure many other members will follow now that you have given us your assurance that your company is keen to rectify all the outstanding problems.

Cheers, Alan
 TDV6 SE auto, Java / Alpacca
2010 Mini Cooper S Conv. Pepper White, Blue roof
2010 Jaguar XJ, Caviar with Cashew seats, B&W 1200W Hifi 

Post #565225th May 2006 3:22 pm
Stephen Giles

Mr Preece!

Apologies for getting your name incorrect.

I will leave you all with my e-mail address so that you can contact me directly however as promised I will post more information for you on this excellent forum once I have dealt with a few necessary issues internally.

Best Regards to all and a pleasant weekend.

Steve Giles

[email protected]

Post #565235th May 2006 3:29 pm
LT

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Hi Steve, Rather than pm you, I thought I'd ask you this question on the forum as others may want the same.
Is it possible to buy shades for just the "boot" area only? I don't want the rear door windows shaded.

Post #565335th May 2006 4:33 pm
Sturge

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4

This explains why I had a phone call form them on Friday following up an email sent a few weeks ago to Jonathan. I guess one can read a few things into the internal reorganisation!

I will attempt to order some of these this week if they have their act together now...

Post #567987th May 2006 7:58 pm
JLMARTIN

Mr. Giles,

As you may have probably read earlier in this thread, I ordered and paid for my shades a while ago (march 7th).

Exactly a week ago I spoke to one of your associates who promised I would receive my shades within 3 days.

Needless to say, I am still waiting.

In most businesses, customers are usually charged penalty fees and late charge interest for unpaid balances or late payments. What happens in your business when customers pay in full and months elapse without them receiving their products?
 JL Martin

Post #571109th May 2006 11:33 am
Sturge

Try emailing him directly. I have just ordered some and he is being very responsive to my emails and very helpful (I guess truth will be known once I get the shades). His email address is on one of the earlier posts.

Post #571119th May 2006 11:47 am
eddtheduck

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

I've been having a little difficulty visualising these shades in spite of photos submitted so far. I am quite keen on them but wanted a little more info before the investment.

I then contacted Stephen Giles to ask if there were more photos. He said that the only additional photos he had were the installation guide which he kindly sent me electronically - now in my gallery.

http://www.disco3.co.uk/gallery/albums/use...ctions.doc

Very helpful thanks Steve and these pics really do help me understand what these shades involve.

To those of you who have them - any rear view difficulties?
 2008.5 D3 HSE, Stornoway, Ebony
2007 BMW 335iSE - lust for speed satisfied 

Post #571669th May 2006 4:47 pm
Albourneboy

United Kingdom 

[quote="Stephen Giles"]
You will perhaps have noticed that our E-Bay shop has now been taken off-line. This was an instruction made by myself whilst we sort out the few minor internal problems.

Hmmm, interesting. I'm bidding on a set of these sunshades for a D3 on ebay at this moment and the same seller (sunshadesonline) has sets for sale for other cars too!

Does this mean Stephen that your ebay shop is back in business or do you have a rogue employee trading for himself. If I'm lucky enough to win the auction, will I get my goods quickly or will I too be waiting a long time?

A search on Google says your new website is coming on 25th April. It's now 11th May and still no sign!
 Now an ex-D3 owner after 7 happy years. Miss the car but not the big bills Smile

Post #5750711th May 2006 10:44 am
Stephen Giles

Dear Members

I have logged back onto your site as promised to come with more information.

First of all thank you for your responses both on here and by e-mail.

I am naturally pleased that two more of you have now purchased sunshades from us within the last week and another 2 of you have contacted me to make an enquiry.

Mr. Martin has been contacted by our MD with regards to his sunshades and this is being dealt with.

With regards to the above post it would appear that there has indeed still been one active account on e-bay which will come off-line as soon the current auctions have finished.

Our own website is under construction. I do not understand the 'Coming on 25th April' comment as this is not the case.

Whether I log onto our site directly or through Google it just says, 'Coming soon'.

As we have so much interest from the General Public we want our website to be done correctly. It is taking a little longer to get up and running than we had hoped but this is because we are now getting an outside contrcator in to produce the website rather than building it ourselves.

I will inform you once the site has been completed as you will then be able to purchase shades from our site directly.

In the mean time you can still purchase shades by e-mailling me directly at [email protected]

I am of course aware of the problems which have been encountered by Mr. Martin and also the impression that the multiple e-bay accounts may have been giving.

I would hope though that my presence on this board does go some way to showing that we are a serious compnay who listen to our customers and take on board their comments. We do not take an 'Ostritch' approach and hide away, we do take on board constructive criticism and look to improve from there.

I would like to think that the two new customers from this week have been given the right impression of our company since these issues have been brought to my attention.

Thank you for your time and the very best regards to all.

Stephen Giles
Commercial Director

Post #5751511th May 2006 11:12 am
JLMARTIN

Received tracking information this morning (after I sent them an e-mail yesterday requesting that information within 24 hours).

Will confirm receipt of the package.

Hopefully this will be the end of it.
 JL Martin

Post #5751611th May 2006 11:28 am
Sturge

I ordered on Monday, posted a cheque Tuesday, blinds arrived 8:30am this morning. Still in the box but Stephen has been good to his word about sending them out quickly.

Post #5753011th May 2006 12:34 pm
Albourneboy

United Kingdom 

Just ordered mine. Stephen says they will send them out when they receive my cheque which, hopefully will be tomorrow morning. Will keep you all posted!
 Now an ex-D3 owner after 7 happy years. Miss the car but not the big bills Smile

Post #5753711th May 2006 1:31 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 5 of 11 <123 456 ... 91011>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >