Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Africa

SNOW!!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Doc

United States 2007 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3
SNOW!!

Last Sunday we took a drive to see the snow falls in the Natal Midlands. There was 30-50 cm thick snow between Nottingham Road and Kamberg. We headed for Kamberg where friends of ours have a farm. The narrow farm tracks turned into a very slippery clayey surface which made some of the ascents and descents a bit tricky. On two occasions the D3 started to slip sideways much to the consternation of my wife and daughters Twisted Evil The vehicle handled extremely well in the very slippery conditions using the low range Mud & Ruts setting.

I have posted a two pics of our lunch time break - making something warm to eat Thumbs Up and the thick (50 cm) snow drifts. For our northern hemisphere members please note that we get very excited when it snows in Africa Exclamation

D3 2005 HSE V8 model, snorkel, nudge bar, uprated tow hitch (12T), Goodyear Wrangler MTR (MT) tyres, National Luna battery box, Outback roof-rack, Takla seat covers.  
Post #34961125th Sep 2008 2:16 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Wex

Ireland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Thats even more snow than we got here Doc Thumbs Up

Post #34961225th Sep 2008 2:20 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Doc

Hi DiscoWex

We get snow like this on the highgrounds at least once a year but it is seldom more than a few cm thick. This is the thickest snow I have yet experienced in Southern Arfica.

Doc
 D3 2005 HSE V8 model, snorkel, nudge bar, uprated tow hitch (12T), Goodyear Wrangler MTR (MT) tyres, National Luna battery box, Outback roof-rack, Takla seat covers.  
Post #34961325th Sep 2008 2:25 pm
JohnH

South Africa 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Arctic FrostDiscovery 3

hi Doc,
looks amazing, and gave you a chance to "test" your D3 in 4x4 mode. I ran the Mount-aux-Souces Challenge 50km on Sept 13th on a v warm day under a fierce sunburning sun-judging by this snow dump, our run was well timed-by a week to the day!
great pic, where are the rest of the family?
 D3 TDV6 HSE, 2007, Gemini Dual battery System  
Post #35165529th Sep 2008 7:55 pm
Doc

Hi John

My D3 was a replacement for a 2.8i Defender and I expect it to handle everything the Defender did. I am pleased to say that it is better than a Defender offroad and MUCH better onroad Thumbs Up

We had such a great time messing around in the snow. By the time it came to taking photos, the kids were soaked and freezing from lying down in the snow making snow angels and building snow men and were hiding in the D3 for warmth - the wife was taking the pictures and as you can see I was sitting on my AR Censored E enjoying the scenery Whistle

Doc
Post #35195730th Sep 2008 7:18 am
BrumLee

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3
Re: SNOW!!

Doc wrote:
For our northern hemisphere members please note that we get very excited when it snows in Africa Exclamation

We get excited in the UK if we get any snow now Evil or Very Mad If global warming is happening how come you lucky guys got lots more than you usually do Question I'm baffled now Confused Shocked

Post #35876612th Oct 2008 3:52 pm
heine

South Africa 2009 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Alaska WhiteDiscovery 3

It's a woman thing - "Mother" Nature

Post #35879812th Oct 2008 5:31 pm
POINTYED

England 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

hi
whats snow???? Rolling Eyes
dunc
 life is tooooo short.enjoy the moment.dont worry be happy

club BSS 

Post #35882512th Oct 2008 7:32 pm
Doc

The UK members seem to have forgotten what snow is like but they surely know a LOT about rain Rolling with laughter

Doc
Post #35901613th Oct 2008 6:11 am
DiscoStu

England 

Like the Inuit with snow, we have many words for rain Rolling Eyes Most of them are the 4 letter variety Laughing
 Disco 5 HSE Lux
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peyiqaJrmMU 

Post #35903613th Oct 2008 7:33 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >