Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Help - brakes seizing
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
WRU

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 GS Auto Galway GreenDiscovery 3

Good evening all I'm in desperate need of your help please. I have owned my Disco for 13 years and it is my pride and joy however I'm currently in a right pickle, after doing a mini restoration project on her over the last three months I can't get things right again so I started with changing the control arms which went ok, next I sand blasted the chassis and underbody then sprayed it with waxoyl 10ltrs all together, next I replaced the brake lines pretty much all the way from the back to about two thirds down the chassis due to corrosion then I changed all the flexible brake hoses on all four corners. The next job due to the suspension faults was changing over to coilovers which again went well apart from the overide module doesn't seem to work so I have a red suspension fault light on the dash after this I changed the oil pump to the modified one took some time but managed to do it then after bleeding up the brakes I couldn't get pedal so I changed the master cylinder, servo, new gasket on on the vacuum pump and lastly a new ABS pump after a good bleed up and the ABS pump bleed with the iid tool I got a good pedal however when I test drove her the brakes bind on as I pick up speed to the point off my engine is fighting so hard just to get back in my drive and the brakes are on fire but if I leave it for half an hour I can drive off again for about 200m then they bind on yet again 🤷 so I've changed all the callipers and pads and still the same it seems that at crawling speed everything is ok except for the red suspension light but the brakes seem ok but as soon as I speed up to say 20mph they come on again??? Or so it seems that way. any help from you Will be very much appreciated please 🙏 someone

Post #233813630th May 2023 9:28 pm
Martin
Site Admin and Owner 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Moved to new thread
 06 D3 SE / 15 LR D90 XS SW / 88 LR 90 Td5 / 68 BMW 2000 ti
Any issues with the site let me know! 

Post #23383562nd Jun 2023 8:15 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Pete K

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Rimini RedDiscovery 3

Are all 4 wheels hot?
What happens if you press dsc off button and drive?
Unplug the ABS hydraulic unit. Do the brakes work ok then?

Post #23383752nd Jun 2023 12:10 pm
Marshall8hp

Australia 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Alaska WhiteDiscovery 3

Was the replacement master cylinder genuine? I had a similar issue after replacing the original MC with an “OEM” one. Brakes would occasionally lock on. It seems that the issue is that the depth of the cup in the end of the MSC plunger isn’t exactly the same as the genuine one, meaning that the piston doesn’t quite travel all the way back, so the fluid can’t get back out of the lines and into the reservoir. After a month of fiddling, I removed it and fitted one from LR, no more issues.

Post #23384342nd Jun 2023 11:22 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >