DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Another Air compressor issue
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
syngress

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Rimini RedDiscovery 3
Another Air compressor issue

Hi,

I had a suspension fault pop up and on reading the codes, it is saying that the pressure is increasing too slowly when filling.

I had this same issue back in January and bought a 'cheap' compressor off of ebay and swapped it over, problem solved, yet here we are 4 months later and the fault is back Sad

I took off and had a look at the compressor and noticed straight away that there was corrosion on the top of the piston, and on further inspection there was some moisture in both the dryer unit and the pressure relief valve. I've changed the 'O' rings, silica balls and given everything a good wipe off and clean. However this hasn't fixed the issue as the pump is still not getting the gallery pressure above about 95psi Sad

Is there a reason moisture may have been getting in? I remember on the D2 I had that there was an air intake with filter behind the near side rear lights and this could get wet and cause issues, is there something the same on the D3. Googling has failed me Big Cry

Thanks!

Post #23354894th May 2023 8:33 pm
gstuart

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Hi

Enclosed a chart of what u should be getting, ie around 258 Psi

Either the cheap compressor is already knackered or have a bad leak , indeed there is a filter inside the passenger side boot , it’s behind the small left panel , is tucked away by the wiring looms, is a black round container , personally had to cut the air filter 6mm pipe and use a push fit connector to rejoin it as found it very difficult taking it apart whilst in situ , ur find several foam inserts

Could then see what kind of pressure u get with the air filter intake removed

If there’s no difference the reservoir block might be blocked / restricted from white silica that’s got in there from the previous compressor

U might want to remove the compressor again, then whilst on a bench either put ur finger over the outlet or better and more accurate use a pressure gauge as then ur eliminating everything and get a true pressure reading

Plus when u fitted the compressor did it say what type it was ie, hitachi , Dunlop or Amk , did it come with a new relay and did u check what software version it had via diagnostics plse , thks

Hope that helps

Post #23354944th May 2023 9:21 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >