Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Replacement body parts
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
RichD4

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Commercial Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 4
Replacement body parts

Hi all, I'm looking for some advice. I've damaged OSF door, wing fender and a bit of the bonnet. The bonnet I'm not so fussed about as should be a small repair but the door and wing will be a big job and I'm considering replacement. I've found that the wing will not fit as it's a longer panel but I believe a D3 door will fit. The main reason for doing this is because the vehicle is Buckingham Blue which seems to be like rocking horse ___ in D4s and more common in D3s. If I purchase and fit a D3 door. Would a D4 door card fit in and go back in the same way I take it out from the D4?

This is all part of the process of me working out whether I can do this fix myself or it needs to be a professional (I'm not completely useless but I'm good with things that go back how they came out).

Bonus points for anyone that happens to have a D3/4 Buckingham Blue OSF door lying around Very Happy

Post #22767163rd Feb 2022 10:09 am
disco5

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4
PANELS

HI there .....

All the D3 panels will fit a d4 as there the same body shell ......
d4 wings are slightly diff than the d3s but can be cut down to fit but will need repaintin on the headlight edge .
D4 wings arnt that dear to buy 2nd hand...

Leave the hinges on the body shell and take the door off with its bit off the hinge left on 8 or 10 mm bolt hold them together /lift it up off the spline /its a heavy door by the way if not stripped of all the bits.

D4 door cards ect fit d3 doors as there the same .

Good luck

Post #22767503rd Feb 2022 1:11 pm
DN
D3 Decade 

Ukraine 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Most unusual for a D4 to be Buckingham Blue……Is that what is on the underbonnet slam panel data plate? LR don’t do retrospective colours, it’s current colours, or lump it usually Laughing
 D3 owned from new, P017 brake recall, BAS FBHIC, new FBH, LR013487 oil pump, new water pump. RRS front lower suspension arms. New suspension compressor/ relay. New Denso alternator. CuNifer rear brake pipes. New GKN rear propshaft. New HPFP belt & tensioner. New A/C Condenser.NO WARRANTY for many many years.  
Post #22767573rd Feb 2022 1:59 pm
RichD4

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Commercial Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 4

@disco5 thanks, that's really useful. I'll put a bale under it and ask someone to give a hand. @DN I thought it seemed odd that I couldn't find any but I was looking at panel that was Loire blue and asked the breaker to check the paint code of my vehicle and they told me it was 796, I will check this dataplate as I didn't think to do that Embarassed

Post #22767613rd Feb 2022 2:18 pm
RichD4

Just checked, its Buckingham. It's a commercial so could be using up old stores?

Post #22767683rd Feb 2022 3:05 pm
DN
D3 Decade 

Ukraine 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Ah, ok, as it’s a Commercial, sounds feasible for JLR Laughing Thumbs Up
 D3 owned from new, P017 brake recall, BAS FBHIC, new FBH, LR013487 oil pump, new water pump. RRS front lower suspension arms. New suspension compressor/ relay. New Denso alternator. CuNifer rear brake pipes. New GKN rear propshaft. New HPFP belt & tensioner. New A/C Condenser.NO WARRANTY for many many years.  
Post #22767713rd Feb 2022 3:15 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >