Fitting reversing camera
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
a_paolo
Regional Moderator 

Italy 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3
SATNAV input video: how?

wiggs wrote:

How is possible to view on satnav the image form the cam? I do not have multimedia pack installed (only AUX input for radio), only satnav standard...

Can i see in some way on satnav some video input and how?

Thanks a lot!

Paolo

Post #24382311th Jan 2008 8:46 pm
AndrewW

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Graphite LE Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4

Ciao! Paolo,

It MUST be possible - a friend has just showed me his FFRR (2006 model Range Rover ?HSE?) which has a ViewCam Sad Sad Sad - a rechargeable camera which MUST work on 2.4Ghz but definitely produces images on the satnav screen in colour.

Anyone out there know any more? (It is not possible to know much less... Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed )

Andy
 2006 D3 finally swapped for a 2016 D4 Graphite in Graphite grey. No mods  
Post #24383311th Jan 2008 8:57 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
a_paolo
Regional Moderator 

Again about rear camera view

Hi Andy,

thanks for the post!

Also in this tread i saw some wireless camera clever mounting! moreover, using the "famouse" 753 code is possible to see several input for satnav LCD like DVD, external and ... (take a sit Very Happy ) the rear camera view too!
Of course they are disable and the test show a black screen but with the same input as the picture i attached in the my previous msg.

So seems possible probably! Moreover, considering that the rear camera is already in the system, maybe it can be turned on when we select the back in the gear selector Smile .

Ok, I will see if someone soon can help us or i will create a new tread here

Ciao
Paolo

Post #24393312th Jan 2008 8:15 am
wiggs

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

The rear camera (aswell as dvd and venture cam ) inputs are fitted to the sat nav screen.

When you go into the diagnostics menu you will see them ..but they say not fitted.

LR had my car for a day as i wanted them to enable the rear view cam.They could not get it to work.After some phone calls to LR technical it apears that LR have to issue an enginnering code which the dealers have to do the work within a specifiyed time.

They did also tell me that they would have to put my car on "Limited Warranty" as i had fitted non LR products ..

Well after a lot of aruguing ..i told them not to bother as i didnt want a "limited Warranty"

There was no guarantee this would of worked anyway.

Since all that i have seen a canbus converter ..this will give you a reverse gear signal ...still not much good for the sat nav screen though.

Original post here http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic9675.ht...d+warranty
 G4 Gone ...but not forgotten  
Post #24399012th Jan 2008 12:32 pm
wiggs

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4
Re: SATNAV input video: how?

a_paolo wrote:

How is possible to view on satnav the image form the cam? I do not have multimedia pack installed (only AUX input for radio), only satnav standard...

Can i see in some way on satnav some video input and how?

Thanks a lot!

Paolo

You need to connect to one of these 3 connectors ..depending on whether you want reversing cam , dvd or companion (venture) cam ..on the back of the sat nav screen

Then access the screen through the diagnostics menu ..
 G4 Gone ...but not forgotten  
Post #24399112th Jan 2008 12:39 pm
a_paolo
Regional Moderator 

Ok Wiggs,

thanks a lot. Seems more difficult as i imagine Sad

Regards

Post #24404312th Jan 2008 4:38 pm
Mossy

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

http://www.gnetcanada.com/navvideo-models-gnet_lr3.asp

Sort of related and a bit cheaper than the NAV-TV solution, which I seem to recall cost me about a gazzillion pounds. Three inputs, one auto sensing when selecting reverse and a VGA input for a car PC.
Given the £:$ a lot cheaper.

Bang for buck, Wiggs' solution is the way to go, but its an alternative.
 D3 HSE V8...  
Post #24734918th Jan 2008 3:51 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
simon_arch1

Australia 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

"Safety Dave" in Melbourne, Australia has a great range of reverse cameras - I haven't fitted one yet, but a useful contact.

- http://www.safetydave.com.au/

cheers,

Simon
 D3 - Buckingham Blue, SE, TDV6, 06 model; chipped; underbody armour; Mickey Thompson ATZ 275/65-18 AND MAXXIS Bighorn muddies; rear wheel carrier from 4x4intelligence.com; iPOD aux connection! GME 3200 UHF - aerial mounted on wheel carrier Smile; LR roof rails/cross bars; Autosafe cargo barrier, Safari Snorkel; Traxide - aux battery; ARB bull bar with Tigerz11 winch; Lightforce 240 XGT driving lights (mitchell bros tow hitch to come)  
Post #24794020th Jan 2008 4:10 am
D4Comm

England 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial XS Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Dont know if this is of use but came across a firm doing wireless camera & monitor.

I think website is www.dgps4u.co.uk or similar?
 11 RR 4.4 TDV8 Smile
15 D4 Comm SDV6 Smile
58 RR 3.6 TDV8 (Gone)
12 D4 Comm SDV6 (Gone)
08 D3 Comm TDV6 (Gone)
54 D2 Comm TD5 (Gone) 

Post #2827115th Apr 2008 8:37 pm
malky

Australia 2011 Discovery 4 TDV6 SE Auto BournvilleDiscovery 4

The problem with after market solutions is that they are begging for a side widow to be broken due to the obvious prominance of the "removable" screen. Baddies won't differentiate between a reversing screen and an easily sold gps.

I've been struggling with a suitable design setup like may others as there is a very real safety issue here that needs to be solved.

I sweat every time I reverse park even tho the reversing alarm is there. it does not help if a child suddenly steps off the curb between cars which happened to me recently when a mother put her pram there !! while she was going to get into the parked car behind me.

GPS is not an issue as it is on my mobile phone HTC 3600 [windows mobile 6] on which I have installed TomTom - Joanna Lumley tells me where to go ;^ )
 +======
|[___][__\___
|...-........-.......| '0|
+--(O)-------(O)--+

TDI 300 and D3 MY06 SE and Shiraz D4 MY11 with Faerie Lites 

Post #2828206th Apr 2008 1:01 am
D4Comm

England 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial XS Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Fair point Malky. The item i have seen in the flesh i cant see on the website, but it may answer your security worries. The monitor is a 2.5" screen on a flexible stalk. It is powered by plugging into the cigar lighter so can be removed in seconds. I think about £130 for cam & monitor.
 11 RR 4.4 TDV8 Smile
15 D4 Comm SDV6 Smile
58 RR 3.6 TDV8 (Gone)
12 D4 Comm SDV6 (Gone)
08 D3 Comm TDV6 (Gone)
54 D2 Comm TD5 (Gone) 

Post #2829276th Apr 2008 2:38 pm
pbhawkin

Australia 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

Well to finish off this topic from my point of view.
I glued the camera to the underside of the centre rear brake light plastic mounting using windscreen silastic and spliced the wires into the reverse light circuit on the passengers side.
the LCD monitor is pn a swivel mount attached by 2 sided tape to the flat surface of the dash just infront and to the left of the Tacho. It still allows the full tacho to be seen. the wire was threaded through (using a long coathanger) behind the dash to come out at the fusebox on the passnegers side and the positive solded on to the reverse fuse (it's a thin wire and so the fuse still fits in nicely).
Bingo. I can now see behind me! Very Happy
 regards
Peter

Post #2832267th Apr 2008 12:38 am
knockmore

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

I know this is a really old thread... however...

Toying with fitting a reversing camera, in particular to assist with hitching up to trailer/caravan. Really like the idea of being able to reverse up perfectly Very Happy without endless visits to back of car or finding bystander to direct! Embarassed

From an external sniff around the tailgate, it seems that there is space in the tailgate handle, pointing straight down, to the right of the number plate lamp. Has anyone investigated - or tried to get access?

Waiting with interest! Thanks all!

Post #49407910th Jul 2009 11:11 pm
Bushwanderer

Australia 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Hi knockmore, and welcome. Smile

I don't know if it was on here, or the aulro site ( www.aulro.com.au ) but I have seen a pic in the location you describe. Owner was happy with the result.

Best Wishes,
Peter
 The Bearded Dragon  
Post #49409811th Jul 2009 4:49 am
blue meanie
D3 Decade 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

I have mine there, depending on the type of camera you get you nay get a better or worse angle of view, mine has the bumper in view. There is plenty of space for a reversing camera in the handle. I will post some pics maybe tomorrow if it stops Censored ing down Laughing Thumbs Up
 and theeeeennn......???  
Post #49435911th Jul 2009 9:24 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >