Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Faults & Fixes (D4)

Restricted power and loss of power
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Paul04

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Manual Loire BlueDiscovery 4
Restricted power and loss of power

Hi all. First time to the forum". Have a disco 4 HSE 2015 and recently on a long run through France have had a red triangle and loss of power, pulled over and switched off but needed to lock the car and unlocked to clear fault. Seems to happen after long (150KM+) driving, happened 3 times. Also and seems similar is a yellow triangle quoting restricted performance but no loss of power and also at low speed a change in engine sound, similar to a blowing exhaust. All seem to be cleared by switching off. Car done 30,000 miles but faults have been present since new. Had a software reset but not cleared. Any views would be most welcome.

Post #18555458th Sep 2017 8:36 pm
madmjh

England 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial XS Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

I had similar problem on my 2015 Commercial when I took it on my first long run of 200 miles. It cleared when i stopped to fill up with diesel. The week after I called out LR Assistance as had flat battery 2 weeks after buying it second hand and told them about the loss of power. Guy said it was a slight leak on the air line to the turbocharger...??? Has not happened since until yesterday. I needed to top up with diesel (half full) and when i opened the fuel filler cap I heard a rush of air...so wondering if it is an air lock in the tank which causes it??? BTW fault had cleared again when re-started and drove away from petrol station...
 MadMJH  
Post #18762546th Nov 2017 2:05 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >