Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

In tank diesel pump
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
yellowbelly

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Vienna GreenDiscovery 3
In tank diesel pump

During normal road use everything is ok but the last couple of times towing a heavy twin axle trailer when giving it some acceleration on steep hills i have got the special programmes off message and a large "F" in the gear display screen. Its had new fuel and air filters and all intercooler hoses have been replaced with silicone so have potentially narrowed it down to the in tank fuel pump. Looking on line a new unit is in the order of £350 but you can buy a pump on its own for around £35 so my question is do i buy the pump unit and is it just a case of dropping the tank, removing the old unit, stripping out the pump and swapping with the new pump or am i better off biting the bullet and getting the whole setup?
 55 Plate Disco 3 HSE. EGR blanked, Decat exhaust, AMK Compressor, bought 20 Dec 13. Watch this space for future upgrades. - Disco 4 front cup holders, D4 Bluetooth, Brembo 4 pot front V8 rear brakes, front diff breather mod, BAS FBH controller, fixed towbar, D4 heated washer jets
Silicone intercooler hoses, RS 500 Intercooler, decat exhaust, remap
IID tool used to enable 3 flash indicators, clock on dash, reverse follow me home lights, snotm, AMK compressor update and still learning 

Post #178256523rd Feb 2017 2:56 pm
Biffysun

Scotland 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Tech Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Question Have you had the codes read? There are topics on here covering the replacement pump only V whole assembly, IIRC Disco_Mikey has had a few 'pump only' jobs fail but I stand to be corrected! Thumbs Up

Post #178257123rd Feb 2017 3:17 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >