Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Discovery 5 - L462

My first Disco 5
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
PaulC1973

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

Having owned two D3s and now my current D4 I have been watching the news of the D5 with interest. I caused a bit of a stir with my D3 in 2005, lots of people weren't sure about how it looked but now there are plenty around here. As much as I enjoy the look of and driving my D4 and have always said that it is the perfect car for my needs, this picture has helped me make up my mind about the D5. I think it makes the D4 look very outdated, when the time comes for a change the D5 will definitely be my first option.

Post #17761459th Feb 2017 10:02 am
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 

Careful, that sort of sentiment could get you tarred and feathered around here! Whistle Rolling with laughter
 Visiting from rrsport.co.uk
2012 RRS SDV6
2008 RRS TDV8
"When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die! You don't know who's children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they were always going to have to do from the very beginning: SIT DOWN AND TALK!" 

Post #17761559th Feb 2017 10:29 am
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

Rightly so!! Thumbs Up

Laughing Laughing

Post #17761649th Feb 2017 10:51 am
J77

Scotland 

PaulC1973 wrote:
Having owned two D3s and now my current D4 I have been watching the news of the D5 with interest. I caused a bit of a stir with my D3 in 2005, lots of people weren't sure about how it looked but now there are plenty around here. As much as I enjoy the look of and driving my D4 and have always said that it is the perfect car for my needs, this picture has helped me make up my mind about the D5. I think it makes the D4 look very outdated, when the time comes for a change the D5 will definitely be my first option.

You will be outed as a witch and burnt at the stake for those comments Laughing
 23.5MY Defender 90 X-Dynamic SE D250 MHEV Pangea Green  
Post #17761959th Feb 2017 12:09 pm
Russell

United Kingdom 

PaulC1973 wrote:

Thumbs Up
 MY17 D5 1st Edition Namib Orange
MY15 D4 HSE Kaikoura Stone
MY12 D4 HSE Nara Bronze Sold and gone
MY11 D4 HSE Stornaway Grey Sold and gone
D3 S spec Silver Sold and gone
Tow bar, full length roof bars, side steps, tow bar storage unit, surround camers.
D4 camera club 

Post #17761979th Feb 2017 12:12 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
PaulC1973

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

I know I was setting myself for this and I have to admit feeling pretty disappointed when I saw the first pictures of the D5. The D4 is a fantastic car as far as I am concerned but I just feel that it is perhaps time for a change. I agree that the new shape is taking a bit of getting used to, just as the D3 did back in 2004. I just feel that the picture of the two of them side-by-side really puts this into perspective. I am in no position to change at the moment, nor do I want to do anything in a hurry but felt that the D5 shouldn't be completely out of the equation.

Post #17762379th Feb 2017 1:40 pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 

I have an original shape Range Rover Sport and felt the same way about the new RRS when it came out a few years ago. Wasn't that impressed by the look of the thing. Hated the silly fake "vents" on the bonnet, thought the rear end treatment a bit, well, unresolved / bland. Still hate the "vents", less worried by the back end.

The RRS2 has grown on me and is on my list for the eventual replacement of my old RRS. But it's on the list along with the FFRR and possibly even a D4. The RRS2 is undoubtedly a better vehicle in almost every respect over the RRS1. It's let down by the non-fold flat rear seats. But its on-road performance is night and day better. Off road it is also better. But a looker? Nope, not really.

I feel the original version of the RRS is the most handsome version - just as many D3 owners think theirs is a better looker than the D4 and the "Marmite D5".

Change is hard sometimes...
 Visiting from rrsport.co.uk
2012 RRS SDV6
2008 RRS TDV8
"When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die! You don't know who's children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they were always going to have to do from the very beginning: SIT DOWN AND TALK!" 

Post #17764529th Feb 2017 8:07 pm
Bones2014

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Change is hard, until the new style has had time to grow on you, then it's a fairly easy move to make. Give it a year or two and the D5 will look 'normal' and the D3/4 will look as dated as the D1/2 do.

Post #177819313th Feb 2017 7:34 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >