Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Faults & Fixes (D4)

Car interior heating
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Skynet

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Alaska WhiteDiscovery 4

On my D3 MY06 my heater blows to the feet until the heater can produce the temp selected on the dial then it blows out of the vents. I think it may be a comfort thing about not blowing on you until correct temp achieved. I have my setting about 19/20 deg which is achieved after 15 mins driving.

Try turning the temp dial down rather than up. When its 2 deg outside 18 deg inside is enough to remove the chill. Wink
 Dave
D3 2006 HSE, Cairns Blue - gone
D4 2016 SE, White

Wessex 4x4 Response
http://www.wessex4x4response.org.uk/ 

Post #177800113th Feb 2017 12:47 pm
peteyd

England 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Graphite LE Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

My MY16 D4 doesn't blow any hot air through the dash vents when on Auto - I have to select the dash level button to get any air. I do get some cold air through the dash vents though.

What's also interesting is I get no hot air in the rear seats either unless I select the dash level button. The car doesn't have rear air con, just the two vents behind the centre console. So, if using Auto, there is no way for the rear passengers to get any heat.

I will raise this with LR when it goes in for its first service in a couple of months.
 MY16 D4 Graphite in Loire Blue  
Post #177817213th Feb 2017 6:41 pm
cos192000

Romania 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

Hi,

Thanks Skynet for your suggestion. I tried setting the temperature to 18 degrees but it didn't make any difference. One thing to consider though is that I have the aux heating programmed to start 20 minutes before leaving to and from work so the air is already warm when I start the engine. While on Auto it will only blow warm air through the lower vents from start and it continues to blow warm air even after the interior cabin temperature is warm enough. This becomes uncomfortable after some time as feet become hot. All this happens with a set interior temperature of 21 degrees.

Everything Peteyd has mentioned is exactly the same for me but, although no air blows through the two vents behind the center console while on Auto, it does blow thru the vents under the front seats.
If, after the car gets warm, I lower the set temperature by 2-3 degrees, colder air starts blowing through the dash vents, while warm air still blows at the feet. Big Cry

Thanks,

Cosmin

Post #177822513th Feb 2017 8:29 pm
Hollyspan

Hi Cosmin & Peteyd

Certainly looks like we have the same issue.

Yes, had to take it in for a couple of other warranty items last week and discussed it with them when I picked it up again. Told them that the auto mode worked perfectly and put air through both upper and lower vents on my previous car (Evoque) and on the car they had just lent me (Disco Sport).

They have agreed to investigate and it's booked in again in about 3 weeks time, when they have said they will check the sensors and insulation behind the dash and also the calibration and operation of the flaps and blend motors.

Pleased with their support so far and would like to think they can sort it out, as apart from the auto mode ignoring the upper vents the heating / cooling system appears to work as it should. Will post again in due course.

Andy

Post #177823913th Feb 2017 9:02 pm
Tanglewood

United Kingdom 

Another one here with my MY16 Lux. Mine has had LTB00908 (temperature display) and
LTB00963 (HVAC) applied, neither of which has had any effect on the climate control's ability to maintain temperature when set to auto. What do you do?????

Post #177824713th Feb 2017 9:13 pm
Hollyspan

Curiouser and curiouser ....

Now that the weather has warmed up somewhat, mine has started working as I think it should.
If I set auto for, say, 22 degrees then as long as the outside temp is displaying 10 degrees or thereabouts then as the car warms up I now get air coming from the dash vents as well as the floor, which starts cool but warms up over 10 to 15 minutes driving. Then once it thinks it has reached the set temp the air from the dash cools somewhat to maintain it. If I then turn the temperature up, to say 25, then warm air again blows in to increase the temperature as it should until the higher temp is reached. All good so far.

BUT........If the displayed outside temperature is much lower than 10 degrees , for example late at night or early morning then it's back to square one - no air at all until the car warms up, then only warm air to the floor and nothing to the dash.

So, it seems that it's not the temperature that you set or that the car reaches which determines whether it works properly or not, but what the ambient temperature outside is.

Anybody else with the problem noticed this ?

Andy

Post #178422726th Feb 2017 8:15 pm
cos192000

Hi,

It's exactly the same for me. We've had a few warmer days and I've noticed the same thing.
I have also used 2 separate thermometers to compare their values with those shown by the IID tool for exterior/interior. With some minor variations, the car sensors were spot on.
Add all these together and I'm beginning to think that the heating is indeed functioning normally and that it's been programmed to work this way even though it is an unpleasant one, especially during long journeys thru cold temperature. Sad

Cosmin

Post #178426326th Feb 2017 9:16 pm
Hollyspan

Hi Cosmin

I do not have any diagnostic tools but I did compare the outside temperature readout with that on my other half's BMW and they both read the same, so it would seem to be accurate.
Narrowed it down a bit last night, drove to an evening function about 30 miles away at 5pm, weather wet and 7 degrees, all worked fine, warm air to both and condensation cleared almost instantly.
Drove back later at about 10pm, weather still wet and 3 to 4 degrees, misting on side windows (not enough to impair visibility) took much longer to clear despite lots of whooshing behind the dash then warm air to floor only which got hotter and hotter over the return journey with no warm air to dash for the whole journey despite my legs getting uncomfortably hot.
I'll see what happens when it goes in to the dealer next week - at least I can now tell them more accurately what is happening. We live in hope !

Andy

Post #178491228th Feb 2017 12:24 pm
cos192000

Hi Andy,

Have you had any feedback from the dealer?

Thanks,

Cosmin

Post #179067113th Mar 2017 9:36 am
Hollyspan

Hi Cosmin

They said they have not encountered this problem before and have asked JLR for technical advice.
In the meantime they have checked the interior sensor (LTB00963) and re-calibrated the blend motors.
It's working OK at the moment, but then it has been very mild here, 10 - 15 degrees most days.
Will speak to them again next week to see what JLR have suggested. Will keep you posted.

Andy

Post #179157914th Mar 2017 9:55 pm
Armpit

England 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Graphite LE Auto ArubaDiscovery 4

Well, I've had my 66 plate Graphite for almost three weeks and I have exactly this issue - it has been back to Landrover and they have done the LTB00963 foam insulation modification, but it's not sorted the problem. At a loss as what to do next as you need the cold weather outside to really demonstrate this. I may have to wait until next winter to go back to the dealer !!!!!

Would appreciate any updates if anyone else manages to solve this problem.

Thanks - Paul

Post #179229216th Mar 2017 8:12 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >