Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Site News & Feedback

Does anybody want a D3 Car Care discussion topic??
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 6 <123456>
Should there be a car care/detailing topic?
No - not really interested
36%
 36%  [19]
Yes - could be interesting
63%
 63%  [33]
Total Votes: 52

Pelyma

England 

JMC wrote:
I'm off to smoke my shoulder 8)

Don't do that you might upset someone Wink
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #20342715th Sep 2007 12:38 pm
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

SN wrote:
you might even get to 200 pages like the Word Association Thread Rolling Eyes

Does that mean we get the Word Association thread back??? Snigger Snigger Snigger Snigger

Post #20350315th Sep 2007 8:50 pm
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

There's obviously some justification for a new area or two but how to do it without cluttering the front page further is an issue me thinks. I'll have a chat with Martin when I get a mo to see what can be done, it's almost 3 years old now so maybe it's time the site had a facelift Confused
 The End  
Post #20351315th Sep 2007 9:08 pm
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

TBH It would be a good idea as the site continues to mature, disparate priorities emerge - if the topic 'compartments' are defined better it will give users the ability to focus better on areas of interest to them without having to trawl through every thread in the hope of finding something relevant to them... As you point out Si, the template is now three years old and, like LR's, is due for a facelift Wink

Whilst on the subject of clean sweeps....... Embarassed Embarassed I have a dirty (or clean) secret to confess to... due to certain work commitments, I usually have to wash my Disco 3 twice a week..... sorry 'bout that Embarassed Embarassed
but no toothbrush or cigar action round my wheelnuts!!

Post #20352315th Sep 2007 9:21 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

TFC...... clean car...... no I can't believe my ears/eyes.... Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Thumbs Up
 Bodsys Brake Bible

D4/D3 Remote FBH heat kits
BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush
Software updates/enabling

Clock/ SNOTM /3Flash / 4x4Info /BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes / Gearbox Reset
See It Here 

Post #20352715th Sep 2007 9:27 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Maybe there is a case for 'retiring' some of the lesser used forum sections into a general 'retirement home'

I agree, 10, the forum is three years old, and its time for a facelift. The demographic of owners will start to change now, as we will see people joining who are buying a 3 year old + out of warranty car, for not a lot of money in some cases. These members will not have the luxury of storming into a Land Rover service dept. and crying out 'WARRANTY!!!!'

They will be looking for cheaper alternatives to the issues we currently get fixed under warranty.

No matter how much one pays for a car, there are always some who will want to make it as shiny as possible, and I think we should cater for them. Its been a popular topic over the past three years, with lots of historic threads and questions about paint, plastic and materials etc.

I suppose it all depends on whether Martin has time to do it.

Post #20353315th Sep 2007 9:31 pm
300+

JMC wrote:
I use a toothbrush to clean my teeth (occaisionally)

I heard a great put down earlier today.

When I die I want to be reincarnated as toothpaste, that way I'll never have to see you again!

There are a few people I plan on trying this out with next week Smile

Cheers, Steve

Post #20372316th Sep 2007 11:34 am
JMC

Scotland 

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Thumbs Up
 The older I get, the more I realise that people confuse wrinkles for wisdom Smile
Founder member of Club FFRRV
Club Orange, Mint or Fruit
Club Walnut Sniffers

Post #20372416th Sep 2007 11:37 am
PaulP

Spain 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

OK. I've edited the thread title to remove the word "Detai Censored g". From here-on forward, it shall not be used again within the Disco3.co.uk forum to prevent TFC and JMC from having laughing-fits and picking on people every time somebody mentions the idea of cleaning their D3. Yawn Laughing

TBH I have absolutely no interest in polishing my nuts with a toothbrush either but once I get home tonight, the Disco will be made to gleam and shine again ready to do it's stuff whilst we earn a living and wait for next weekend.

OFF TOPIC (sort of)
By the way, the D3 performed flawlessy this morning whilst my father-in-laws 2004 Patrol GR had some big problems getting traction up some very steep and rocky gravel tracks Thumbs Up I think he was embarrased Embarassed Even though I didn't need to touch the TR controls I told him I did just to make him feel better.

Talking of my father-in-law....he is a proper off-roader....the real McCoy....he has only washed his car once since he bought it so he must be Whistle (apparently)
 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Buckingham Blue
2007 Golf GT DSG 

Post #20376516th Sep 2007 1:22 pm
PaulP

Spain 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Gareth wrote:
Mr J Clarkson did more for early sales than any Land Rover advert, when he drove it to the top of a mountain on Top Gear. Certainly convinced me!

I fully agree....last night I dug out an old DVD with a copy of that episode on (from 24/11/2004 if anyone is interested).....I've seen it so many times in the past but it still cheers me up.

Especially when he starts complaining about the dual chassis. ("THREE TONS......AND TWO CHASSIS.....I mean.....this thing doesn't go over speed bumps, it just flattens them....."). Laughing

I especially liked the beginning bit where he suddenly turns off the country road on three wheels.....also the music/camera-work is very dramatic at the end when he finally reaches the summit.

I think you're right.....even if LR paid them, Top Gear couldn't have given the car a better review (even if the big numpty got it stuck for the benefit of the camera in such obvious places Rolling Eyes ).

Unfortunately Top Gear seem to have lost the plot a bit since those days....I remember when they reviewed the RS4...instead of giving a proper going over, they raced it against some lanky climber up a mountain....wtf???
 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Buckingham Blue
2007 Golf GT DSG 

Post #20427117th Sep 2007 2:02 pm
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

Maybe new section could contain sage advice like don't thoroughly clean your D3 (jet wash, wash (x2), shammy (my version of the spelling dflo Wink), do conserver thing, apply T-cut colour stuff (probably taking off the conserver) then buff up), only to open the doors & see a red mud tide mark 8" up the pillars! Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry

Post #20427917th Sep 2007 2:15 pm
Martin
Site Admin and Owner 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Happy to add a new section - don't want the place to look too cluttered though. Suggestions for a forum title please Smile

I also agree that a revamp for the 3rd anniversary of DISCO3 would be a great idea.

Oh and read this thread and thought of this: http://www.sniffpetrol.com/2007/08/13/car-...ty-dishes/
 06 D3 SE / 15 LR D90 XS SW / 88 LR 90 Td5 / 68 BMW 2000 ti
Any issues with the site let me know! 

Post #20466917th Sep 2007 10:41 pm
JMC

Scotland 

Martin wrote:
http://www.sniffpetrol.com/2007/08/13/car-geek-details-dirty-dishes/

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Bow down
 The older I get, the more I realise that people confuse wrinkles for wisdom Smile
Founder member of Club FFRRV
Club Orange, Mint or Fruit
Club Walnut Sniffers

Post #20467017th Sep 2007 10:44 pm
10forcash

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter
Curious quote of the week...
Quote:
Spip’s sister, David
As if the name Spip was'nt bad enough, his sister is called 'David' Shocked are they Welsh? Laughing Laughing Laughing
Finally,
Quote:
Spip retired to the bathroom to spend a typically suspicious amount of time in the shower, probably ‘detailing’ his cock
always thought that 'polishing' was a posh word for w Censored k Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter  
Post #20467217th Sep 2007 10:47 pm
10forcash

Martin wrote:
Suggestions for a forum title please
"spunk my ride"? Laughing Laughing  
Post #20467617th Sep 2007 10:49 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 6 <123456>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >