Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Australia & New Zealand

Cup Weekend trip - Dargo/Billy Goat Bluff/Millers Hut/Licola
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
PCH

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Simon,

I was planning to go to te Thompson Dam then up to the Walhalla Road and then take Fultons Creek Tk to McEnvoys Rd then onto Donnelly Ck Tk and stopping at the Morning Star Tk to walk to the water wheel (2km each way). Then take Donnelly's Ck Tk out to Merringtons Flat then up out to Walhalla Road and back via Walhalla or Thompson and home via Moe.

The Aberfelby River is still running a > 2m at this moment although it has dropped from 3.5m last night but I think it will still be > 1m tomorrow mid morning. I'm checking the river levels by the BOM website. If I'm to do this route there is not choice but to cross the Aberfelby River a number of times. Another point to make is that most of the tracks in this area are still closed after the early year floods and fires so tracks are limited except for the main roads which would be boring to take.

So unless water levels drop below 0.8m I can't see myself going.

The plan is to meet at 9.00am on the freeway just past the 1st Warragul exit. Ch 15 UHF. I have a mate with a stock Pathfinder and he is bringing along a mate with a Patrol with 33" tyres (his road car) and we are planning to meet at this point.

Chris
 2011 Discovery 4 (MY12) SDV6 HSE with General Grabber AT's, Traxide Aux Battery system, custom rear drawers and Autosafe half height cargo barrier

Gone - 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE
ARB Bull Bar, Warn 9.5XP Winch, IPF D/Lights, Cooper STT's, LR Raised Air Intake, Traxide aux battery system, custom drawers and half height Autosafe cargo barrier, Mitchell Bros 4x4 tow hitch 

Post #2210785th Nov 2007 6:03 am
PCH

Simon,

Where abouts you heading in Toolangi?

Thanks Chris.
 2011 Discovery 4 (MY12) SDV6 HSE with General Grabber AT's, Traxide Aux Battery system, custom rear drawers and Autosafe half height cargo barrier

ARB Bull Bar, Warn 9.5XP Winch, IPF D/Lights, Cooper STT's, LR Raised Air Intake, Traxide aux battery system, custom drawers and half height Autosafe cargo barrier, Mitchell Bros 4x4 tow hitch 

Post #2210795th Nov 2007 6:41 am
simon_arch1

Australia 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Chris - no firm plans yet - start in yarra glen at 9:30 - then Pauls Range - then head north generally...

feel free to join us - a couple of D2 owners, and maybe Horto in his D3...

Simon
 D3 - Buckingham Blue, SE, TDV6, 06 model; chipped; underbody armour; Mickey Thompson ATZ 275/65-18 AND MAXXIS Bighorn muddies; rear wheel carrier from 4x4intelligence.com; iPOD aux connection! GME 3200 UHF - aerial mounted on wheel carrier Smile; LR roof rails/cross bars; Autosafe cargo barrier, Safari Snorkel; Traxide - aux battery; ARB bull bar with Tigerz11 winch; Lightforce 240 XGT driving lights (mitchell bros tow hitch to come)  
Post #2210815th Nov 2007 7:49 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
PCH

Hi Simon,

I'll meet you at Yarra Glen at 9.30am. I assume it will be the bakery.

I'll follow you up Pauls Range and then we will go to the Sylvia Ck Falls and do the Forest walk nearby and head home. I need to be back at home by 3.00pm - strick orders by SWMBO

See you then.

Chris

Post #2211155th Nov 2007 10:22 am
simon_arch1

Australia 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Chris - yes - the bakery as per...

Great - see you then.

Simon
 D3 - Buckingham Blue, SE, TDV6, 06 model; chipped; underbody armour; Mickey Thompson ATZ 275/65-18 AND MAXXIS Bighorn muddies; rear wheel carrier from 4x4intelligence.com; iPOD aux connection! GME 3200 UHF - aerial mounted on wheel carrier Smile; LR roof rails/cross bars; Autosafe cargo barrier, Safari Snorkel; Traxide - aux battery; ARB bull bar with Tigerz11 winch; Lightforce 240 XGT driving lights (mitchell bros tow hitch to come)  
Post #2211275th Nov 2007 10:45 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >