Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > My Discovery 3

Discomadness's MY07 D3 HSE aka the shed thread.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 24 of 43 <123 ... 232425 ... 414243>
gstuart

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Hi mate

Think that’s how u have to get the old ones off, by cutting the filter tube

So with that out , you're now able to fit ur new filter and pan easier Thumbs Up

Post #19707154th Aug 2018 5:57 pm
Discomadness

Wales 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Hiya mate, yes that’s what I read. I didn’t break it though !!!! That’s how it was ! Mechatronic has some witness marks on the bolt heads so I think someone’s been playing with it. Banging Head

New pan and filter fitted. Just doing the oil. Thumbs Up
 Jarrod

Current : D3 2007 HSE - AKA the lemon
-beanie grille
-detango with led bulbs
-club body off rebuild. TWICE. 

Post #19707304th Aug 2018 6:50 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
gstuart

Hi buddy

That’s interesting as u say with the mechtronic unit, indeed the red oil doesn’t help Whistle

What atf oil have u used plse

Are there any parts or info u want me to find for u mate

Do u also get , as u slow down for a roundabout then take ur foot off the accelerator then back on , do u get like a feeling a uj is worn plse , ie like the takeup has wear in it ,

Many thks Thumbs Up

Post #19707344th Aug 2018 7:02 pm
Discomadness

Hiya mate,

Well. What a difference. What an absolute black and white difference. There was obviously something not right ! The car feels enormously different.

Firstly, that diesel leak on the rail for injector 3, tightened the tube nut, car now idles smoothly.

Second the gearbox is quieter, more responsive, the car drives so much better ! I actually couldn’t stop smiling !

Ref oil mate I’m not sure. I’ll find the link and report back.

Edit: this one. eBay Item No. 121933602958
Didn’t go mad on oil just for sump change, I’m getting it flushed after hols anyway.

Thumbs Up
 Jarrod

-beanie grille
-detango with led bulbs

Post #19707504th Aug 2018 8:00 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
gstuart

Yah, happy days and well pleased after all the hard work you’ve done Thumbs Up

Know I haven’t done anywhere near what u have , but when I done the front struts and wishbone it made the world of difference , alignment also improved the ride quality

Do u think the change of ATF oil has cured the issue

Yes plse ref the oil out of interest

How about ur brake bleeding or have u still got to get round to them plse

Chuffed for u it’s all now starting to come together Bow down Thumbs Up

Post #19707544th Aug 2018 8:12 pm
Discomadness

gstuart wrote:
Hi buddy

That’s interesting as u say with the mechtronic unit, indeed the red oil doesn’t help Whistle

What atf oil have u used plse

Are there any parts or info u want me to find for u mate

Do u also get , as u slow down for a roundabout then take ur foot off the accelerator then back on , do u get like a feeling a uj is worn plse , ie like the takeup has wear in it ,

Many thks Thumbs Up

I used to get that, rear prop centre bearing rubber thing split I think caused it because it’s gone now. I checked the ecu listings and while there are a few updates avilable the engine transmission and transfer box say “latest software” but saying that I haven’t updated my iid for over a year either.
 Jarrod

-beanie grille
-detango with led bulbs

Post #19707554th Aug 2018 8:14 pm
Discomadness

gstuart wrote:

Know I haven’t done anywhere near what u have , but when I done the front struts and wishbone it made the world of difference , alignment also improved the ride quality

I think a combination of oil and that pick up tube being snapped off. Perhaps the oil was passing the filter ?

Haven’t bled brakes, they feel much better, not brilliant but a vast improvement over yesterday. I think i’ll Leave it till after hols now let it settle and bleed again when I get back.

Edited the post ref oil to include the link.

Thanks mate. I’m really chuffed also. It’s been a hell of a process !
 Jarrod

-beanie grille
-detango with led bulbs

Post #19707564th Aug 2018 8:16 pm
gstuart

Many Thk Thumbs Up

Did get 4 x plastic ramps as I thought it easier then in being able to drive it onto them so can check underneath better

Many thks, Will double check that centre bush

After I replace the atf oil I’m going to wait then pay £25 for the iid update ,to update the transfer case which on reading can cause that kind of issue and this software helps reduce it

Have u got the clock on ur instrument panel, ie done the reflash main update yet

I sent my ecu info over to pat and think it was the engine that I updated , can’t remember now , but he will certainally tell u if any need updating Thumbs Up

Post #19707584th Aug 2018 8:21 pm
Discomadness

My car had 3 flash, 4x4 info, shat nav on the move and clock on dash when I bought it, I think my07 on had it as standard ? Not sure.

That’s cool about ramps. I’ve used metal ones for years. They come in very handy.

Ref rear prop, mine was split and when I took it off the rear hardy spicer was very notchy ! Shame you can’t grease them. I used to get a like whispery “whuwhuwhu” noise with the rear windows down.

Once I’m home from hols i’ll Get round to getting a ctek and then doing the ecu reflashes. I need to learn the iid procedures better. Thumbs Up
 Jarrod

-beanie grille
-detango with led bulbs

Post #19707604th Aug 2018 8:26 pm
gstuart

Discomadness wrote:
gstuart wrote:

I think a combination of oil and that pick up tube being snapped off. Perhaps the oil was passing the filter ?

Haven’t bled brakes, they feel much better, not brilliant but a vast improvement over yesterday. I think i’ll Leave it till after hols now let it settle and bleed again when I get back.

Bless u for the link, haven’t seen that one before but complies with 1375 so perfect for the job and as you’ve seen an approvement

Indeed ref the sump filter and at least u know it’s done properly , have u still got to do the mechtronic sleeve

Good news the brakes are better and at least all the hard work has paid off with the great results

There such a nice vehicle to drive anyway don’t think u notice until u fit new parts and then realise the improvement

I’ll be really please when I get the ac fixed and rest of the oils replaced , will be interesting to see what the gearbox atf is like when I drain it , not sure if it’s ever been done

Am just coming up to 100,000 miles

Post #19707634th Aug 2018 8:29 pm
gstuart

Discomadness wrote:
My car had 3 flash, 4x4 info, shat nav on the move and clock on dash when I bought it, I think my07 on had it as standard ? Not sure.

That’s cool about ramps. I’ve used metal ones for years. They come in very handy.

Ref rear prop, mine was split and when I took it off the rear hardy spicer was very notchy ! Shame you can’t grease them. I used to get a like whispery “whuwhuwhu” noise with the rear windows down.

Once I’m home from hols i’ll Get round to getting a ctek and then doing the ecu reflashes. I need to learn the iid procedures better. Thumbs Up

Sounds like it’s alrewdy been done Thumbs Up

Thks, got the plastic ones because there wider and also a lot lighter to pick up

Did u notice a lot of movement when u tested the centre bearing plse , indeed no grease points anywhere, like the older ones had where u could fill the uj with grease

As a heads up in case u unaware , Ref the ctek , I think it’s version 7 that can supply a 12v feed where lower models don’t, mines the mx5 and it doesn’t ,

Version 7 does provide the 12vdc supply so handy when ur using ur iid

https://www.ctek.com/products/vehicle/mxs-7-0

Have u got the iid full manual plse

Post #19707644th Aug 2018 8:35 pm
gstuart

These were the ramps I got

Post #19707654th Aug 2018 8:37 pm
Discomadness

gstuart wrote:
Discomadness wrote:
gstuart wrote:

Bless u for the link, haven’t seen that one before but complies with 1375 so perfect for the job and as you’ve seen an approvement

Indeed ref the sump filter and at least u know it’s done properly , have u still got to do the mechtronic sleeve

Good news the brakes are better and at least all the hard work has paid off with the great results

There such a nice vehicle to drive anyway don’t think u notice until u fit new parts and then realise the improvement

I’ll be really please when I get the ac fixed and rest of the oils replaced , will be interesting to see what the gearbox atf is like when I drain it , not sure if it’s ever been done

Am just coming up to 100,000 miles

I picked up the link for oil off here. Someone mentioned it that the jag forum boys were using it so thought well it complied with the relevant standards so why not.

I did the mechatronic sleeve at the same time. It all comes in the kit from af. Note : the bolts are shorter for he metal pan but it comes with them anyway.

Ref done properly. I’d like to think so now ! I knew it was a risk buying. Car like this but I love landys. Most people just don’t get “it” I totally rebuilt my D1 from the ground up. Every bit and bolt starting in 2001. Bought it in a terrible state off a mates dad cheap. Then got bitten by the bug. Lol.

I’m really sorry to sound like I’m gloating mate and I don’t mean to rub salt in a wound but the air con is so good ! My van doesn’t have it so having it now in this weather is a god send !

Ref centre bearing, if the collar is split you’ll see it straight away ! I think you have to drop the heat shield to do it from underneath also. The bearing was quite rough also.

Thankyou ref the ctek. I didn’t know. I don’t know anything about them so thanks for that.

Ref iid. No I haven’t got a manual ? Is it a download ?
 Jarrod

-beanie grille
-detango with led bulbs

Post #19707704th Aug 2018 9:00 pm
Discomadness

gstuart wrote:
These were the ramps I got

They are cracking ! I like those Thumbs Up
 Jarrod

-beanie grille
-detango with led bulbs

Post #19707714th Aug 2018 9:02 pm
gstuart

Do make life easier , This is a link

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5-Ton-Garage-Wo...SwyglbWwVh

Will use them when I do the atf oils, but I never forget axle stands and also pull the F26 fuse

Post #19707744th Aug 2018 9:25 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 24 of 43 <123 ... 232425 ... 414243>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >