Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Faults & Fixes (D4)

Persistent Coolant level low without car overheating ! Help
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
alexani15

Nigeria 2010 Discovery 4 5.0 V8 HSE Lux Auto Barolo BlackDiscovery 4

Finally had the gasket replaced ! The car now runs perfectly. Just really angry at having wasted so much money buying unnecessary parts due to wrong diagnosis.
Thanks guys really appreciate your responses.

Post #159272014th Jan 2016 8:12 am
Davethegeo

Scotland 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Similar here. A day or two after topping up the coolant reservoir, the level is down again. So much so that I can't see the fluid level. No warnings though... Can't see any leaks. Baffled where to try first although head gasket would be an obvious one as no leaks apparent anywhere else. Would a decent indy be able to pressure test the coolant system and hence spot a leak of the fluorescent orange coolant??
 D1 300Tdi - gone
D2 Td5 ES (Alive remapped...mmm) - sadly gone
D4 2012 SDV6 XS - Stolen
D4 2014 SDV6 HSE - Shiny

Post #159272514th Jan 2016 8:23 am
caverD3

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

EGR cooler?
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #159275914th Jan 2016 10:03 am
alexani15

Loss of coolant due to faulty water pump.

Hi Guys, Just had my water pump replaced with an original landrover one. To my utter shock and surprise, we found that the water pump that was in my car had been swapped without my knowledge with a faulty one and had been leaking for a long time. This was evident when the WP was taken out. We noticed the bottom of the pump was caked in red with deposits of the dried coolant going back many months and also the part had no Landrover logo on it. Whereas the new part had the landrover sign engraved in the cast iron portion of the part. Bought and replaced the coolant as well and been driving the car with the aircon on ever since and it drives perfectly now. Also noted a slight change in the fuel consumption and engine noise.

Post #186726411th Oct 2017 8:46 am
alexani15

Cooling / Overheating Issues !

Finally blew my Head gasket ! Apparently i had a faulty water pump which was why i was having all the leaking coolant. Had the gasket replaced, and found a lot of dried up coolant on the old water pump which indicates its been a long standing problem. I have also found that the rings seem to have been affected ! Resigned myself to fate. I am determined to fix it all as i have no choice.
I have therefore decided to change my timing chain, tensioners, guides etc. Head gasket and water pump have already been replaced.
Now its just the rings i have to deal with. Popping round to the garage tomorrow for an update.
Will let you all know how it all goes.

Post #190599924th Jan 2018 6:48 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >