Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Suspension Failure
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
FamilyMan

Suspension Failure

I'm not sure if anybody has experienced this Wink but my car is now displaying 'suspension failure' on the dash readout and the car won't raise or lower. No lights at all on the height toggle control. One amber light showing the car and three arrows pointing up and to the sides. Guess I need the dealer to reset......or is it worse....compressor or something. There is almost too much too read on this site regarding suspension failures....any quicky answers appreciated. Taking it in tomorrow so lets see.
 2005 TDV6 SE Silver/Black Manual + Alpine  
Post #1985126th Sep 2005 9:29 pm
BN

England 
Re: Suspension Failure

FamilyMan wrote:
I'm not sure if anybody has experienced this Wink but my car is now displaying 'suspension failure' on the dash readout and the car won't raise or lower. No lights at all on the height toggle control. One amber light showing the car and three arrows pointing up and to the sides. Guess I need the dealer to reset......or is it worse....compressor or something. There is almost too much too read on this site regarding suspension failures....any quicky answers appreciated. Taking it in tomorrow so lets see.

Have you tried this, lock up the car and leave it for about 30 minutes, then restart as normal leaving time for all the dings and bongs to sound. When the reading comes up on the dashboard between the speedometer and Rev counter, start the engine. If it clears the car will have reset itself. Hopefully that will be that.

Post #1985226th Sep 2005 9:34 pm
nigelpugh

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Auto Scotia GreyDiscovery 4

FM,

Took mine in today for the same faults.

I have now been told it is compressor failiure, it is booked in again this week for a replacement.

Will let you know the result later this week.

Nige.
 Nige - 2014 Disco 4 TDV6 HSE Luxury - Scotia Grey  
Post #1985426th Sep 2005 10:11 pm
FamilyMan

arrrr... Censored ....tried the restart, several times, but ita noti worki. Guess it's the compressor then, will see what the dealer has to say Sad
Post #1986727th Sep 2005 12:04 am
BN

England 

Is it the warnings that are corrupt or does the car do its own thing with the height?

Post #1987427th Sep 2005 7:09 am
FamilyMan

The car is stuck in normal ride height, the height adjust switch is disabled (no lights) and the dash reads 'suspension failure' plus there is an amber warning light (pic of car and three arrows). The car hasn't lowered over night so maybe mechanically it's ok....software again???...trying to stay positive Confused
Post #1988027th Sep 2005 8:15 am
Big Al

England 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Firenze RedDiscovery 4

I've been experiencing this for some time now and regularly I take it back to the LR dealers on a weekly basis. My LR dealers are really good but so far have not been able to resolve this. They've change most parts of the suspension now, ranging from individual height sensors to the compressor at least 3 times. They've shown my the pressures inside the suspension system, there's a useful display of this in their diagnostic which they plug in, and all pressures seem to be ok. When looking at the error codes, it always says slow filling fault. At last this week sometime a chap from LR CS is coming down to see for themselves, so let's hope they can resolve. The amber suspension warning occurs quite frequently, and does not stop the vehicle from being used, but is a pain every 5 seconds coming up on the display. You may notice however that while the system is faulted the vehicle drives less unstable as I belive that it opens the valves, ala boat mode, so drive carefully. This is the last and ONLY fault on my D3 and I'm hoping for a resolution to an otherwise perfect and much loved vehicle. When I have details I'll keep you posted.

BTW the PDC sensor bugfix couldn't have come at a more oppertune momnet as I nedged a wall last week, so whilst the D3's in the dealers I've asked them to sort out the PDC software/ECU upgrade, and also upgrade the IHU software too Smile

On Friday my D3 is taking on a very unusual role, which for now I wont divulge, but my family, especially my father (as it was his request) are tickled by it, and my father and I will be taking the D3 for a spin. LR dealer is aware of the request and will ensure it's as complete as possible for friday Smile

Post #1989227th Sep 2005 8:37 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Winger
Site Moderator 

2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

A lot is made of software errors.

In reality, there are more hardware than software faults. It could be the compressor, it could be a sensor or it could be another part of the suspension system - any of these can send a signal to the ECU, which would then report a fault (in your case a caution warning). The vehicle remains driveable, and if it is the compressor that is not working you will realise that pretty quickly as the system loses pressure under normal driving conditions.

As the condition remains after a restart, it is more likely to be a hardware fault; in addition, it should show the details once the diagnostic machine is attached.

Post #1989327th Sep 2005 8:45 am
BN

England 

Big Al wrote:
I've been experiencing this for some time now and regularly I take it back to the LR dealers on a weekly basis. My LR dealers are really good but so far have not been able to resolve this. They've change most parts of the suspension now, ranging from individual height sensors to the compressor at least 3 times. They've shown my the pressures inside the suspension system, there's a useful display of this in their diagnostic which they plug in, and all pressures seem to be ok. When looking at the error codes, it always says slow filling fault. At last this week sometime a chap from LR CS is coming down to see for themselves, so let's hope they can resolve. The amber suspension warning occurs quite frequently, and does not stop the vehicle from being used, but is a pain every 5 seconds coming up on the display. You may notice however that while the system is faulted the vehicle drives less unstable as I belive that it opens the valves, ala boat mode, so drive carefully. This is the last and ONLY fault on my D3 and I'm hoping for a resolution to an otherwise perfect and much loved vehicle. When I have details I'll keep you posted.

BTW the PDC sensor bugfix couldn't have come at a more oppertune momnet as I nedged a wall last week, so whilst the D3's in the dealers I've asked them to sort out the PDC software/ECU upgrade, and also upgrade the IHU software too Smile

On Friday my D3 is taking on a very unusual role, which for now I wont divulge, but my family, especially my father (as it was his request) are tickled by it, and my father and I will be taking the D3 for a spin. LR dealer is aware of the request and will ensure it's as complete as possible for friday Smile

Big Al if it is what I think Crying or Very sad , great for you and all the best on Friday 8) .

Post #1989627th Sep 2005 9:08 am
Big Al

BN,

It is Smile

Post #1989727th Sep 2005 9:09 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
BN

England 

Big Al wrote:
BN,

It is Smile

Big Al, fantastic and all the best to you on Friday.

Post #1989827th Sep 2005 9:12 am
Big Al

BN,

Many thanks, I'll soon be back in ernest Smile

Post #1989927th Sep 2005 9:16 am
BN

England 

Big Al wrote:
BN,

Now that is better Very Happy

Post #1990127th Sep 2005 9:18 am
Pelyma

England 

Look forward to having you back Very Happy Its nice when people come back!
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #1990327th Sep 2005 9:21 am
Guy

United Kingdom 

Big Al wrote:
BN,

I DO hope he meant 'earnest' Laughing otherwise Ernest had better look out Shocked I won't say too much more because Big Al looks big and probably only lives round the corner!

Thoughts with you for Friday, Al.

Post #1990427th Sep 2005 9:34 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >