Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Big Al

England 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Firenze RedDiscovery 4

Thanks Guy,

"I is (was) an Engineer" and we're not reknown for our spelling Smile

I'm in the Swindon area, Chiseldon.

Post #1990527th Sep 2005 8:41 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Guy

United Kingdom 

And I'm a known pedant, so apologies!

Baydon - if I stand on the roof, I can probably see you. If I had a D3 yet, I could stand on that...

Post #1990927th Sep 2005 9:06 am
FamilyMan

The dealers fitted a new compressor. It was in the workshop for two days while they tried to figure it out. Anyway, fixed now and the car seems to be higher in normal driving mode. I followed my wife back from the dealer and it definately seemed higher and more level now.....before it had a slight lean to the left. Dealer mentioned that it's a common fault with three Shocked others in for the same problem.

They didn't fix the PDC fault or the no-returning side mirror issue after reversing. They couldn't find the problem and telling them it's intermitant gets the same response as telling them you often see a pink elephant in the passenger seat.
 2005 TDV6 SE Silver/Black Manual + Alpine  
Post #2027228th Sep 2005 7:38 pm
MVS

Mine had the PDC faults on my 'S', new PDC ECU solved it

Post #2027728th Sep 2005 7:44 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

FamilyMan wrote:
The dealers fitted a new compressor. It was in the workshop for two days while they tried to figure it out. Anyway, fixed now and the car seems to be higher in normal driving mode. I followed my wife back from the dealer and it definately seemed higher and more level now.....before it had a slight lean to the left. Dealer mentioned that it's a common fault with three Shocked others in for the same problem.

They didn't fix the PDC fault or the no-returning side mirror issue after reversing. They couldn't find the problem and telling them it's intermitant gets the same response as telling them you often see a pink elephant in the passenger seat.

FM, Go and tell your dealer to look up Service Bulletin LA413-001. It is regarding the PDC ECU, and is on the Land Rover GTR site.

Post #2033728th Sep 2005 9:21 pm
FamilyMan

I've got the car back now, but I'll note that down for the next dealer visit....thanks Gareth, very handy to go in there armed with info'.
 2005 TDV6 SE Silver/Black Manual + Alpine  
Post #2062430th Sep 2005 11:34 am
nigelpugh

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Auto Scotia GreyDiscovery 4

Guys,

Mine has just come back from service, and having a look at the suspension.

They had it for two days, and at first had told me that they were going to replace the compressor.

However on collecting it today they have told me that the software update has fixed the suspension intermittent fault.

I am not convinced, we will have to see.

They also could not fix the low coolant level warning, as LR have said that the replacment tank with new sender was on back order from the supplier.

I asked for the PDC fault to be looked at, again they tell me this was fixed by the software update.

Finally I asked them to look at the intermitent crash on the sat nav, and faulty dipping of the same.

Geuss what, they told me the 4 hour download fixed that too!!

We shall see eh?
 Nige - 2014 Disco 4 TDV6 HSE Luxury - Scotia Grey  
Post #2067330th Sep 2005 5:50 pm
BN

England 

nigelpugh wrote:
Guys,

Mine has just come back from service, and having a look at the suspension.

They had it for two days, and at first had told me that they were going to replace the compressor.

However on collecting it today they have told me that the software update has fixed the suspension intermittent fault.

I am not convinced, we will have to see.

They also could not fix the low coolant level warning, as LR have said that the replacment tank with new sender was on back order from the supplier.

I asked for the PDC fault to be looked at, again they tell me this was fixed by the software update.

Finally I asked them to look at the intermitent crash on the sat nav, and faulty dipping of the same.

Geuss what, they told me the 4 hour download fixed that too!!

We shall see eh?

Four hour download, what are they on 'dial up service' no way. Complete software reload is no more than about 20 minutes.

Post #2068230th Sep 2005 6:23 pm
Winger
Site Moderator 

2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

Maybe, but the update is a lenghty process.

Post #2072630th Sep 2005 10:30 pm
BN

England 

Winger wrote:
Maybe, but the update is a lenghty process.

In that case, my car was not updated properly by LR Tech themseves the other week. Interesting because they only took around 20 minutes with a full update to V10 something.

Post #207451st Oct 2005 7:47 am
Winger
Site Moderator 

2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

I didn't make myself clear.

A complete install may take only a short time (I don't know), whereas an update may take longer. The complete install will wipe everything clean and start again, updates maintain vehicle settings and just update the bits that are required.

By way of example, the non-stop CD playing that people are encountering requires a fix that can take up to 45 minutes to upload to the vehicle. And if more than one module is being updated, then just keep on adding 45 mintues for each!

In Nigel's case, three modules were updated........

Post #207521st Oct 2005 8:01 am
nigelpugh

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Auto Scotia GreyDiscovery 4

Winger,

Thanks yes you are correct, perhaps I did not make myslef clear.

I did have at least three items updated, suspension, sat nat screen for dimming, PDC, Infotainment screen for crashing( and I suspect CD from rear controls prob), and heater controls.

And yes they have done updates, not a new complete download, as all my sat nav favorites are all still there.

The real complaint I think from them was that the test book was in use for a long period of time on my car, so could not be used at the same time on other vehicles in for service.

We went out agin in the car last night, and it does seem to be better, but my wife still complained she was cold until the heat was set to over 24 degrees.

As a point of interest the cabin pre heat is still there but not sure if it is working as it is not quite cold enough here this morning.

Will report feedback.

Nige.
 Nige - 2014 Disco 4 TDV6 HSE Luxury - Scotia Grey  
Post #207561st Oct 2005 8:11 am
lee01277

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Get this ... Had a new compressor many moons ago, and no probs at all. Then this morning I take it for a car wash ( can't be arsed with teh step ladder today ) , and as I drive out of the "machine", BONG .. and many BONGS even with re-boots .. then having left for a few hours and obviously dried out , back to normal ..

So , yet another to add to the list of "honest LR, it does bong, even if you can't see it now .. "
 ..............Somewhere in-between my old D3 and what's to come next .........  
Post #208171st Oct 2005 11:50 am
Mossy

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

nigelpugh wrote:
Winger,

Thanks yes you are correct, perhaps I did not make myslef clear.

I did have at least three items updated, suspension, sat nat screen for dimming, PDC, Infotainment screen for crashing( and I suspect CD from rear controls prob), and heater controls.

And yes they have done updates, not a new complete download, as all my sat nav favorites are all still there.

The real complaint I think from them was that the test book was in use for a long period of time on my car, so could not be used at the same time on other vehicles in for service.

We went out agin in the car last night, and it does seem to be better, but my wife still complained she was cold until the heat was set to over 24 degrees.

As a point of interest the cabin pre heat is still there but not sure if it is working as it is not quite cold enough here this morning.

Will report feedback.

Nige.

Was your Sat Nav dimming a slow fade? And were your lights on or off? Mine seems to do this and I have been ignoring it, but tonight whilst stuck in traffic, I fiddled with the bightness / contrast in display set-up and it made very little difference.

When my lights come on, if obviously dims according to the setting of the thumbwheel, but then just fades.....
 D3 HSE V8...  
Post #3358216th Dec 2005 8:04 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >