Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Discovery 5 - L462

New L462 section
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 4 <1234
J77

Scotland 

Not so much the views of others but some of the poor comments about those that wish to buy one. I've said it from the start, like it or loath it, I couldn't care less, it's not for everyone but when a member posts asking for opinions on mods and a short update on his D5 he's met with posts about egos and how we're to be pitied. That's not helpful criticism and doesn't help those that are unsure if it's the car for them.
 23.5MY Defender 90 X-Dynamic SE D250 MHEV Pangea Green  
Post #179113714th Mar 2017 7:37 am
Robbie

United Kingdom 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Baltic BlueDiscovery 4

Did you report these inappropriate comments?
 Land Rover - Turning Drivers into Mechanics Since 1948

Battery & Quiescent Current Drain Testing

Diagnostics for:
Defender, FL2, D3, D4, Evoque, RRS & FFRR
A not-for-profit enterprise

Post #179113814th Mar 2017 7:49 am
geoff.

England 

well for what its worth i like the D5 a lot and if i could afford one would i buy one hell YES i would for all you that have one or ordered one enjoy it i think its a cracking motor Thumbs Up

Post #179116214th Mar 2017 9:06 am
Russell

United Kingdom 

There have been a fair few comments about D5's and I have had most as one of the first with a D5.
However all are entitled to their view and that includes me replying to their comments. if I was offended by the comments or felt they had gone to far I would have reported it to Martin but so far I am OK with the comments.
As for a separate forum. Yes i have joined D5 forum but i also like it on here. This forum has helped me loads and not just LR related and as such I am happy to post feedback on here as to my new car and how it fairs, this may or may not help others but it certainly provides info to others which they have posted and appreciate
 MY17 D5 1st Edition Namib Orange
MY15 D4 HSE Kaikoura Stone
MY12 D4 HSE Nara Bronze Sold and gone
MY11 D4 HSE Stornaway Grey Sold and gone
D3 S spec Silver Sold and gone
Tow bar, full length roof bars, side steps, tow bar storage unit, surround camers.
D4 camera club 

Post #179118914th Mar 2017 10:01 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
BLFarrar

Location: Deepest, Dankest, Darkest, Dingiest......Le Halifax, West Yorkshire...with strong links to Ireland

France 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Lugano TealDiscovery 3
agree

Fitzy73 wrote:
Personally, I feel the anti D5 sentiment is made worse by the vehement support of it, and those fans/owners being unwilling to accept other views. .

Buy it don't buy it, I don't really care, I know my money will sadly go elsewhere, but please don't try to force me into liking it, even in this thread it speaks of ignorance for those that don't like it.

Having viewed one twice, I have made my own mind up, I couldn't get comfortable behind the wheel and ultimately the looks rule it out for me, so much so that I declined to test drive it.

If that is ignorance then so be it.

Thumbs Up
 BREXIT - done properly.
Right now ...We need Government - not Politics
Save the Dipstick Flagbearer-keep it simple, less likely to fail campaign-agenda items:Starting Handles, Acetylene Lamps.
Founder: Dipsticks-R-Us Inc
D3 HSE-perfectly formed, passenger friendly...has real DIPSTICK
Jag XK-but sadly no DIPSTICK...HUGE design fault
FL2 has DIPSTICK..."real comfort in rear seats"
VW Golf wondermobile (?)..has real DIPSTICK
Morris Minor..original DIPSTICK technology..and a real KEY. 

Post #179120814th Mar 2017 10:27 am
Lost for Words

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

+1 Thumbs Up

The attitude seems to be if you don't like it, it's not for you and so therefore your opinion doesn't matter, but useful advice on vehicles always comes from the margin - those who have questions about the D5's suitability will not be helped by the opinions of those who are the ideal target market, thus do not share the concerns and offer unquestioning support, but by those who are sceptical and have constructive criticism to offer.

It's all very well saying that the D5 is not targeted at us, but so what? The forum is not targeted at the typical D5 or world demographic and does not comprise of the typical D5 or world demographic, so why should the content be expected to match these demographics, and why would we want it to when the users don't?

Thumbs Up
 Current: Discovery 3 06MY (55 reg) HSE Auto Zambezi Silver Zambezi Silver Allisport Fast Road Intercooler, V8 Brakes, Silicone IC Hoses, EGRs Blanked, Remapped, De-Cat pipe, FBHIC
Freelander 2 2007 HSE Manual Tambora Flame
Previous: FL2 56 reg SE Manual Black (written off Sad )
Disco 3 06 reg B7S Manual Rimini Red Rimini Red
Disco 2 TD5 Y reg ES Manual Blue - Chipped Very Happy
Several Discovery 300 TDis

Post #179121114th Mar 2017 10:43 am
AndrewS
Tarquin of the Desert 

United Kingdom 

Fitzy73 wrote:
Personally, I feel the anti D5 sentiment is made worse by the vehement support of it,

A reaction back at the antis, they were nasty first ner ne ner Ner Ner
 In the Beginning there was nothing, which exploded.  
Post #179122214th Mar 2017 11:13 am
jimbg

United Kingdom 

Quote:
The attitude seems to be if you don't like it, it's not for you and so therefore your opinion doesn't matter, but useful advice on vehicles always comes from the margin - those who have questions about the D5's suitability will not be helped by the opinions of those who are the ideal target market, thus do not share the concerns and offer unquestioning support, but by those who are sceptical and have constructive criticism to offer.

Why do you think D5 owners are different and unable to give sensible unbiased reports?
It works fine on the other forums, the problem is that some of the replies are NOT constructive and are causing the rift.

Quote:
It's all very well saying that the D5 is not targeted at us, but so what?

I believe the point of a being a member of any forum is to have a common interest and share ones thoughts and knowledge of that interest in a constructive way.

Post #179122614th Mar 2017 11:21 am
AndrewS
Tarquin of the Desert 

United Kingdom 

Anyway Martin has asked this to stop so can we do so Thumbs Up
 In the Beginning there was nothing, which exploded.  
Post #179123314th Mar 2017 11:30 am
Lost for Words

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

jimbg wrote:
Quote:

Why do you think D5 owners are different and unable to give sensible unbiased reports?

I don't, which is why I didn't say that. Wink

Quote:
It works fine on the other forums, the problem is that some of the replies are NOT constructive and are causing the rift.

Some, yes, but as Fitzy says, these comments are being exacerbated by those who treat every bit of criticism as meaningless because the car isn't aimed at the critic. The very same argument, which obviously I don't agree with, would hold that this is not the place for D5 fans.

Quote:
Quote:
It's all very well saying that the D5 is not targeted at us, but so what?

I believe the point of a being a member of any forum is to have a common interest and share ones thoughts and knowledge of that interest in a constructive way.

Indeed, and we do - we all share the appreciation of the D3/4, thus the relationship between the two will be at the forefront of debate. At the end of the day, this is as much a place for D3/4 fans to discuss the D5 and how it suits us as anyone else, not just the D5 target demographic, and we can't be expected not to have relevant discussions in "our own" forum as long as they are constructive and polite.

All I ask is that on a D3/4 forum, the suitability of the D5 for D3/4 owners is considered a valid and relevant topic of discussion. Thumbs Up
 Current: Discovery 3 06MY (55 reg) HSE Auto Zambezi Silver Zambezi Silver Allisport Fast Road Intercooler, V8 Brakes, Silicone IC Hoses, EGRs Blanked, Remapped, De-Cat pipe, FBHIC
Freelander 2 2007 HSE Manual Tambora Flame
Previous: FL2 56 reg SE Manual Black (written off Sad )
Disco 3 06 reg B7S Manual Rimini Red Rimini Red
Disco 2 TD5 Y reg ES Manual Blue - Chipped Very Happy
Several Discovery 300 TDis

Post #179129114th Mar 2017 1:24 pm
jimbg

United Kingdom 

Hopefully there will be peace now!! Thumbs Up

Post #179129414th Mar 2017 1:30 pm
Bello35

France 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Nara BronzeDiscovery 4

The fact is that, after reading all posts about the D5, most D3/D4 owners are somewhat disappointed with it's design. Only time will tell about it's performance, practicality, reliability, confort, consumption, etc. Let's hope that LR will not let down the new D5 owners.

Maybe expectations were too high, but for me, to buy a car that's not attractive to my eyes, not to mention some design flaws, is simply not possible. The first time i saw the D4, i fell for it immediately Bow down

Everybody in here seems to think that the D5 will still sell like hot cakes...i'm not sure at all. Sad

Dear D5 fans; this is only my opinion so don't take it personally... Thumbs Up

Post #179132014th Mar 2017 2:30 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 4 of 4 <1234
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >