Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Free Flow Performance Ait Filter for TDV6
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
LRtuning

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Adriatic BlueDiscovery 3
Free Flow Performance Ait Filter for TDV6

We are now sourcing 'free flow' performance air filters for the Disco3 and RRSport. These filters are a direct replacement for the existing paper element within the airbox and will increase power output by 6 bhp on a standard vehicle.

The retail price will be around £75.00 but we should be able to supply them for around £60.00 subject to demand to forum members.

Could members please pm me so I can get together the quantity required Wink
 Money talks.Sex sells.Mud sticks.Time flys. Censored happens.People talk.Impressions last!  
Post #1970726th Sep 2005 8:10 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Big Al

England 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Firenze RedDiscovery 4

Hi Turbochip,

When I had my D2 chipped and also had the freeflow filters, this was eventually found to be the source of so many problems that I experienced.

The reason being that the freeflow filters are lightly oiled and as such the oil would slowly inhibit the mass flow sensor from sensing correctly. It happens to alot of chipped cars and 4x4's and took considerable effort to work out what was at fault. At first all is well but if anything like the D2 over a couple of months the mass flow senosr becomes covered in oil, which results in intermittant engine shutdown due to excess air flow due to the faulty sensor. This had the habit of scaring the willies out of all in the car as under full power the engine shutting down is NOT nice Sad and quite scary!!!

I dont know if you have experienced this, but if you do maintain the paper filter instead of using the free flow filters I found that you dont experience the problem as indicated above.

Smile

Post #1971726th Sep 2005 9:58 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
LRtuning

I've heard of this problem before on some cars but never experienced it myself.....I agree some 'free flow' air filters do come heavily oiled but they ones we are sourcing do not appear like this....we have run a RR Sport for 6000 miles with a customer who reports no evidence of any problems Wink
 Money talks.Sex sells.Mud sticks.Time flys. Censored happens.People talk.Impressions last!  
Post #1972026th Sep 2005 10:11 am
BN

England 

Big Al wrote:
Hi Turbochip,

When I had my D2 chipped and also had the freeflow filters, this was eventually found to be the source of so many problems that I experienced.

The reason being that the freeflow filters are lightly oiled and as such the oil would slowly inhibit the mass flow sensor from sensing correctly. It happens to alot of chipped cars and 4x4's and took considerable effort to work out what was at fault. At first all is well but if anything like the D2 over a couple of months the mass flow senosr becomes covered in oil, which results in intermittant engine shutdown due to excess air flow due to the faulty sensor. This had the habit of scaring the willies out of all in the car as under full power the engine shutting down is NOT nice Sad and quite scary!!!

I dont know if you have experienced this, but if you do maintain the paper filter instead of using the free flow filters I found that you dont experience the problem as indicated above.

Smile

Big Al good to hear from you. That is a very important and interesting point because the D3 (I think) uses the same sensor as many other cars and I know of at least 5 instances of 'breathing problems' as well with diesels which resulted in the air filter being the cause due to oil and the wrong filter. It is a time will tell situation and the weather conditions also will play a big part if it is dry and dusty, hence the reason for an air filter.

Post #1972126th Sep 2005 10:11 am
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

I should be able to get 'dry' performance air filters for the D3 a bit cheaper than that. These are direct replacements for the standard air filter. I'll make some enquiries and let you know

Si
 The End  
Post #1974026th Sep 2005 11:55 am
LRtuning

Slimer

Let me know who makes your 'dry' performance filters and I'll see if we can buy them in quantity at a better discount.

I'm happy to make £5 plus postage on these items for forum members which should be well below what 'Jo Public' can buy them in the high street Wink
Post #1998727th Sep 2005 5:27 pm
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

As long as these little blighters cause the car no harm, improve MPG and do not void warranties I would be very keen to get them.

-s

Post #1999427th Sep 2005 5:40 pm
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

TC

I'm waiting for him to get back to me with a price, I'm getting them direct from the guys that make them so you won't be able to better my price passing them on to us on here but you will be able to sell them on elsewhere at a profit
They don't currently make a D3 version, or rather they didn't until I approached them yesterday so I'll be doing a spot of testing with the first one.

As soon as I have details I can pass on I'll let you know

Si
 The End  
Post #2000427th Sep 2005 5:55 pm
BN

England 

Your not testing a new carbon fibre engine at the same time are you for F1 along with the other secret bits on the Slimer super D3 Confused

Post #2000727th Sep 2005 5:59 pm
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

BN wrote:
Your not testing a new carbon fibre engine at the same time are you for F1 along with the other secret bits on the Slimer super D3 Confused

Sssshhhhh.... Dr. Evil
 The End  
Post #2001027th Sep 2005 6:02 pm
BN

England 

Oh well the new rubber wear should be good soon?

Post #2001227th Sep 2005 6:04 pm
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Hopefully Very Happy
 The End  
Post #2002527th Sep 2005 6:15 pm
jollybodger

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

OK, let me the first idiot to ask! What are they, where do they go and do they improve MPG ? Embarassed

Post #2004527th Sep 2005 7:16 pm
Coffeecup

England 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Galway GreenDiscovery 4

jollybodger wrote:
OK, let me the first idiot to ask! What are they, where do they go and do they improve MPG ? Embarassed

You don't have to be an idiot to ask questions - they let me do it all the time.

Coffeecup

Tonga Green March 2005 TDV6 S - Tonga Green - Manual
Stornoway Grey May 2008 TDV6 SE - Stornoway Grey - Auto
Tonga Green Dec 2010 SDV6 XS - Galway Green - Auto 

Post #2005027th Sep 2005 7:23 pm
Winger
Site Moderator 

2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

jollybodger wrote:

Stick a finger up one nostril, then breath in. No remove the digit, and try again - you will discover more air makes it way to your lungs. It is as simple as that! Wink

Post #2005127th Sep 2005 7:25 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >