Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

anybody bluetoothing the Nokia N95 ?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 4 <1234>
steves21

Scotland 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Lugano TealDiscovery 3

thanks for quick replies.It is 08 model and it downloads the phone book which is great.
I downloaded latest software from Nokia and went to dealer this morning.Managed to get it to work( as it always does when you take something back) but it ain't easy.i seem to have to pair the phone and car every time I use it.It usually works with the green toggle on the steering wheel but pressing the enter key on panel works one time out of 10.
have tried "authorised" and "not authorised" on phone- doesn't seem to make a difference.
Have asked the dealer to get in touch with a boffin at LR HQ as it's a nokia bluetooth system in the disco it should work.
?????????????

Post #20429017th Sep 2007 2:32 pm
Hijack

Poland 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Strange Confused , when my N95 is "authorised" then it pairs with car immediately when I open the doors... (providing the phone's Bluetooth is on). the blutetooth icon shows phone attached (B) and little car icon shows phone in car handsfree mode.
Looks like some problems of car's PTI to me...
 D3 XS Manual - gone  
Post #20437017th Sep 2007 4:47 pm
steves21

still causing me problems.Just been onto a nokia forum and it seems that the branding that some phone companies do (mine's a vodafone) messes up the software and this may be the trouble.
Is your N95 a vodafone branded unit Hijack??????

cheers

Post #20522418th Sep 2007 11:26 pm
Hijack

No, I have a "vanilla" one ie. plain European version Wink but on the Vodafone network.

I believe operators may play with theirs sales software variants for wireless LAN rather than Bluetooth. I believe Vodafone may disable Voice over IP - ie internet phone via WiFi. I don't think this should affect Bluetooth...

Have you tried to pair any other handset - different N95, Nokias, others? Just to see if making calls works... and possibly this way be sure if this is phone or car.
 D3 XS Manual - gone  
Post #20536319th Sep 2007 12:20 pm
steves21

I will try tonight when some friends come over with different mobiles.
I looked at a 3G website forum last night and someone said that if he changed the date separator in the clock settings from a slash to a colon then the Bluetooth wouldn't pair with anything.I thought this was bizarre so i tried it on mine-same thing?????Changed it back to the slash.....and it pairs!
I'm beginning to suspect vodafone tamperings.Might try a flash reset but I'm a bit concerned.
LR are useless and say that they can only deal with phones they support- and they're all so old you can't get hold of them now.

Post #20549019th Sep 2007 6:22 pm
stapldm

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Until this last 10 days my N95 has worked perfectly under bluetooth in the D3.

Now all of a sudden it's playing silly b Censored s. Most of the time, it says it's connected, but nothing happens when I voice dial...it takes the name, says dialling, then the radio kicks back in and no call takes place. The number doesn't ever appear on the phone display, so it's not got that far.

I then goto the bluetooth menu on the phone, and disconnect the D3, then reconnect it. (This fixes it, as does deleting and re-pairing).
I can then make a call via voice commands (or manually on either keypad) - good quality etc.

I can't hang up though; as soon as I press the red call cancel button on the steering wheel or the cancel on the radio, the radio locks up. No buttons then work except the volume. The call continues on the phone, although theres no sound through the car. I have to cancel the call on the phone itself.

If I go back to the phone and select bluetooth / disconnect, the radio springs back to life.

Is it possible Vodaphone have auto-updated the phones firmware over air? I may have words if this turns out to be true as it used to be mostly a good and reliable phone...and now it's pure a Censored e.
 Dr. Ian Malcolm:
"Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should."
Transgenic tomato anyone? 

Post #20556619th Sep 2007 9:34 pm
Bogblaster

England 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Sumatra BlackDiscovery 4

I had problems with the bluetooth on mine and the wifes N95's. After lots of googling I found that there are known issues with the software that the likes of Vodafone and Orange use and the best cure is to de-brand. It was a fairly easy process, and once done the Nokia Updater then recognises the fact that it is old software and runs the updater. It now runs much faster and doesn't fail on pairing etc. The only downside is that you will have to take it to a Nokia centre if the phone goes wrong as you have voided the warranty with your airtime provider by making the phone work properly!
 D4 HSE Luxury SDV6,
Cameras, tow assist
Defender 90 Adventure
A4 Avant 3.0l TDI Twisted Evil
CLUB MTR
CLUB BLACK ALLOY
CLUB FFRR RIMS
CLUB VREDESTEIN WINTRAC 4 EXTREME 

Post #20582420th Sep 2007 10:36 am
steves21

thanks Dogblaster- how do i rebrand???Do I have to take it to a nokia store or can I do it at my PC?

cheers

Post #20582920th Sep 2007 10:41 am
Bogblaster

England 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Sumatra BlackDiscovery 4

Google for N95 debranding I used this page http://clear-nokia.blogspot.com/2007/05/no...guide.html and it worked well. The Nokia shops may well debrand, but I somehow doubt it, as that might be in direct breach of their deals with the relevant airtime providers. It is a fairly simple process, but the first part needs an XP machine, it wouldnt work on Vista, the updater is Vista compatible though

For some reason (probably me being stoooopid) I can't get linky thingys to work.
 D4 HSE Luxury SDV6,
Cameras, tow assist
Defender 90 Adventure
A4 Avant 3.0l TDI Twisted Evil
CLUB MTR
CLUB BLACK ALLOY
CLUB FFRR RIMS
CLUB VREDESTEIN WINTRAC 4 EXTREME 

Post #20589020th Sep 2007 12:37 pm
stapldm

OK debranding in progress, and I'm getting a major revision in firmware from 11.0.026 to 12.0.013.

The file is 113.9Mb Shocked Shocked Shocked

I'll let you know if I:
a) Fry the phone
b) Ever get it to work again
 Dr. Ian Malcolm:
"Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should."

Post #20591520th Sep 2007 1:48 pm
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

I'm with T-mobile and the N95 works perfectly in the D3 with BT Confused
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #20591720th Sep 2007 1:54 pm
Hijack

stapldm wrote:

Is it possible Vodaphone have auto-updated the phones firmware over air? I may have words if this turns out to be true as it used to be mostly a good and reliable phone...and now it's pure a Censored e.

It is not possible for the update of N95 over the air.... so don't worry about that... Smile

stapldm wrote:

OK debranding in progress, and I'm getting a major revision in firmware from 11.0.026 to 12.0.013.

I thought you should be able to get the same version staying with Vodafone product code, but modified to their liking of course. Vanilla (or de-branded) SW will be as Nokia intended it to be Wink

stapldm wrote:

The file is 113.9Mb

That is Symbian Software for you Smile They call those Multimedia Computers not without reason....
 D3 XS Manual - gone  
Post #20592120th Sep 2007 2:18 pm
stapldm

Hijack wrote:
I thought you should be able to get the same version staying with Vodafone product code, but modified to their liking of course. Vanilla (or de-branded) SW will be as Nokia intended it to be Wink

Thanks Hijack; Nope, before I unbranded it, the updater said I was on the latest version.

Just a word to all about the updater - Mine failed to update the first 4 times I tried, with a PC message saying there was an unknown device on the USB port, followed by a message from the updater software to unplug and reset the phone before retrying. I did this, and re-booted the PC just to be safe, no luck.

I then moved the USB cable to a different port (on my laptop rather than on the docking station) and all worked fine. Wierd.

I now have an updated phone which still includes the Vodafone specific short-cuts after I ran the data recovery utility (yes, yes, I actually did back the thing up before I tried to update it Laughing )

The phone now starts a damned sight quicker, I'll test the 2.7 tonne bluetooth headset on the way home and see what happens.

I did make a note of the Vodafone specific product code in case I ever have to re-brand it...I'll gullibly assume this will work if I need to prepare the phone for a warranty claim Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter
 Dr. Ian Malcolm:

Post #20594220th Sep 2007 2:57 pm
Hijack

stapldm wrote:

Thanks Hijack; Nope, before I unbranded it, the updater said I was on the latest version.

Strange, I thought Vodafone is quite good in approving latest SW releases... or Nokia updating their Updater Web site Smile

stapldm wrote:

The phone now starts a damned sight quicker, I'll test the 2.7 tonne bluetooth headset on the way home and see what happens.

I did make a note of the Vodafone specific product code in case I ever have to re-brand it...I'll gullibly assume this will work if I need to prepare the phone for a warranty claim Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Let's hope it works for you, and you never need to rebrand back to Voda Thumbs Up
 D3 XS Manual - gone  
Post #20599320th Sep 2007 5:34 pm
steves21

I seem to be the first to fail.Followed instructions, and now phone says "Phone start up failed.Contact retailer".Anybody got any ideas before I slope off down to the shop with my tail between my legs?Like an idiot I didn't note down phone code.
AAAAAAAAAAAAA

Post #20603020th Sep 2007 6:28 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 4 <1234>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >