DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

List of questions for dealer service.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
nigelpugh

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Auto Scotia GreyDiscovery 4
List of questions for dealer service.

Guys,

My car is now overdue for its 15000 mile service.

I have some questions prior to it going in though.

ISTR that someone actually had a message come up saying that service was due, but mine has not.

Can anyone give me feedback on this?

Secondly is there a good standard list of items I should get the dealer to check re know faults?

At the moment I have the Low Coolant Level Warning and now the suspension error message showing up.

The other one I thought to have them look at was the aircon controls not seeming to work until 24 degrees setting?

I also have some issues with the sensor for the background illumination not allways working on the sat nav screen, is this fixed in software?

Anything else I should be asking for?

IE what version of software should I ask them to install.

Finally does anyone have any recomendations re which dealer to go to in the west midlands.

I have had good reports about Guy Salmon in Coventry, but it seems the other local delaers have mixed reviews.

Any feedback welcomed.

Thanks,

Nige.
 Nige - 2014 Disco 4 TDV6 HSE Luxury - Scotia Grey  
Post #1872221st Sep 2005 12:37 pm
Winger
Site Moderator 

2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

1. The service indicator can/does function, but it depends upon how this was set when the PDI was done. If you do more than 15K per annum, then it makes sense to ask them to reset it for you, if not there is a 12 month service interval to follow (mileage regardless). I know that some dealers are advising customers to wait for the indicator to come on, but if you do this you should get it in writing - or risk invalidating your warranty.

2. Your HEVACS control mappings need to be updated. The issue you highlight is a known problem.

3. Light sensor - get them to check it. The sensitivity is adjustable, and it does more than just the screen brightness - so it might be a screen issue.

4. The question of software versions comes up a lot on this forum. The current version is (unless it has changed very recently) V10. However, this does not represent a complete upgrade for all the software elements on your vehicle. It does, though, provide updates where there have been known issues - be it the A/C temperature mappings, or something similar. Look at it rather like a Windows Update; the operating system is merely tweaked where necessary, not completely updated. V10 is also not D3 specific, but provides the WDS foundation for all LR vehicles - so it might be that V10 represents no changes at all from V9 for D3; that said, it will include all the latest software fixes.

Post #1873221st Sep 2005 12:54 pm
Pelyma

England 

I have questioned the air con problem. My car was tested yesterday and proved to be fine. It was pointed out that the temp relates to the cabin temp not the temp of the air blown out. The insides of cars warm up quickly so 24 deg is easily reached. If the internal temp is 24 and you put it on 22 then it will blow cold air. I realised this soI am waiting for a cold day to test again Confused
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #1873721st Sep 2005 1:03 pm
nigelpugh

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Auto Scotia GreyDiscovery 4

Winger,

Many thanks for the feedback, will get them checked out.

A quick question though, re the warranty.

Your statement implies that if the service is not carried out at 15000 miles that the warranty will be invalid.

I did not thing that was true, but was not sure, mine now has 16000 miles on it, just have not had the time to book it in.

The reason I thought this was not true was that my independant LR dealer who used to service my Range Rover P38 explained to me the implications of the EU Block laws, might not be the correct title, but it basically means that your vehicle can be serviced by independants without risking the warranty.

Any more info greatly welcomed.

Nige.
 Nige - 2014 Disco 4 TDV6 HSE Luxury - Scotia Grey  
Post #1874021st Sep 2005 1:06 pm
Pelyma

England 

Its the time period you're out on. It should be 15,000 miles or 12 months which ever comes soonest. I got caught like that by Vauxhall, but as a gesture of goodwill they dealt with it. Do you reckon LR would get out of a warranty claim if they could? I hope you don't find out Crying or Very sad

Post #1874721st Sep 2005 1:13 pm
Winger
Site Moderator 

The EU law change means that you are not tied to a main dealer.

That is a different issue.

The service interval is stated in the owners manual; in the UK this is 15k or 12 months, whichever is sooner. This is in contradiction of those who have been told that they should wait for the vehicle to tell them a service is required. The settings for this are enabled/zeroed in the Car Configuration File.

I don't have the Warranty terms in front of me, but I suspect you will find that your Warranty may be affected if you do not service the vehicle in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions (that is pretty standard). It doesn't matter who does the service.

Let's say that by not having the oil changed at 15k miles, and then running it for a further 15k resulted in an engine failure due to missing the oil change, Land Rover might well say that this would have been avoided if you'd changed the oil when they stipulate......

1k over the threshold won't be a problem, though.

Post #1874821st Sep 2005 1:14 pm
Pelyma

England 

200 miles was Vauxhalls lee way but that was on a Frontera Laughing But it has been a very reliable car. On the air con causing probs

Post #1875221st Sep 2005 1:17 pm
Winger
Site Moderator 

I doubt it - you could have some sport anyway.

Vauxhall would have caved in if threatened, as no one would agree that a 200 mile overage was unreasonable.

Post #1875521st Sep 2005 1:22 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

I had mine serviced at 15k on the nail. At 17000 miles the service indicator came on and told me 600 miles to oil service Confused

Took it back and the dealer was surprised, he took the car into the work shop, had a conference with the mechanics, plugged a laptop in, and it came out OK.

He then told me not to bring it back until the car says so.

Post #1912322nd Sep 2005 7:52 pm
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Gareth wrote:
I had mine serviced at 15k on the nail. At 17000 miles the service indicator came on and told me 600 miles to oil service Confused

Took it back and the dealer was surprised, he took the car into the work shop, had a conference with the mechanics, plugged a laptop in, and it came out OK.

He then told me not to bring it back until the car says so.
the car knows best! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing  
Post #1919322nd Sep 2005 11:29 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >