Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > My Discovery 3

My 2005 D3 TDV6 Manual.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 19 of 26 <123 ... 181920 ... 242526>
disco-nut

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

I attended the towbar appointment today, and made a right tit of myself, I asked my other half to load the car this morning including the towbar, I asked several times, are you sure we have got everything, YES, was the reply, so drove over 90 minutes to get to the dealership, dropped my other half off near the dealer and went in on my own, only to find that the Censored towbar was not in the car ANYWHERE and was in fact sat on my shoe rack at home!!! Tried calling my other half for over an hour and even left a message stating, if you don't Censored answer your phone, I am going to leave you hear.

So the next step an hour and half before the time the dealer was due to close, I decided to TRY and rescue the situation, My Mum lived 20 minutes from the dealer and that was 20 minutes closer to my home. So after getting a mouthful off of her, she went as fast as she could on her motorbike and I drove to hers and waited for her. 1st time my Mum has EVER been able to do a 50 minute each way journey normally in her car in 90 minutes round trip! The towbar arrived and I went as fast as I could with only 20 minutes left until the service dept of the dealer was due to close, I went as I could but got stuck most of the way there behind this Censored in an old Honda Legend who decided that going along the road between Polegate and Lewes at 35mph was a good idea!!! I finally managed to get passed him with just 3 miles left to the dealer, and got there 1 minute after the staff I needed had gone home Shocked Rolling Eyes

So now waiting for confirmation of an appointment for Monday afternoon. I did use the time waiting for my Mum to get back wisely though. The resistors are now fitted and the dash no longer flashes and clicks like it is going out of fashion.

Also got a picture of the lights with the sidelight bulbs also fitted. But the indicator LED bulbs haven't arrived as yet.

Click image to enlarge

Post #16349092nd Apr 2016 7:08 pm
disco-nut

Another Ebay bargain Laughing Very Happy Kind of makes up for how today went. I placed a £38 bid on the Travall dog guard and won it for £20. It was not advertised correctly, and as it happens, the seller agreed prior to me winning it to let me collect it from his London pad which isn't far from 1 of the 2 hospitals I have to go to next week. It now means that the dogs will be allowed in the Discovery as well as the Mondeo Rolling with laughter

Post #16349102nd Apr 2016 7:11 pm
Narpy

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

Who's the big shy dude in the drivers seat, the one hiding behind the sun visor? Rolling with laughter
 Mods:
Front Fogs + Halos
FBH Remote Control
The 1st Ever RRS Modded Grill
Garmin Nuvi + D4 Surround + Reversing Camera.
D4 Steering Wheel.
Rear Boot Spoiler.
Twin Brake Lights.
Wing Mirror Indicator Repeaters.
Long Roof Rails
Make your own Narpy grill thread
I'm not scared, I'm outta here. 

Post #16349132nd Apr 2016 7:18 pm
disco-nut

That beached whale hiding behind the visor is me lol. Suspension lowered to hide the one sided lean when I am in it Laughing

Post #16349372nd Apr 2016 7:53 pm
urhunden

Sweden 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 4

Hi, it is me again.
The radio installation you made looks really good.
I have the 6CD system with a lot of speakers and a subwoofer.
Have some more questions.
How do I connect all the speakers? Will i use the separate amplifier I beleive I have in the car?
What about the original Blue tooth module? Will it be used?
On the instrument display I have clock and sometimes the person I am calling. Apparently connected to the radio. Will this be possible with your installation?
Is it possible to use the power cables from the original radio?
What kind of frame did you use around your radio? Is it the same color as the plastic in the car?

As my radio have a keyboard to use for making calls, will this be possible on the screen of your radio?

Sorry to ask so many questions, but I hope you have time to answer. If you find it easier you can send me a message.

Post #16350192nd Apr 2016 9:25 pm
disco-nut

urhunden,

I genuinely don't know exactly what is involved in the upgrade process of your stereo. As mine was a basic single CD unit from the base model, I didn't have any of the upgraded components like the Harmon Kardon set up. From what I have read on other posts on the Disco3 forum, the mod is near impossible on the higher spec Discovery's, but not impossible.

The fascia adapter was bought on Ebay, the whole kit that you would need is about £35 without the steering controls adapter.

The set up I have, has built in Bluetooth so if my car would of had Bluetooth originally, it would have made the factory bluetooth obsolete, however I have found my bluetooth connection and call making is brilliant, I can hear the other person through the car speakers and my stereo came with a remote microphone to place elsewhere in the car. I used to hate Pioneer and I was an avid Sony fan, but Sony have failed so badly in soo many ways lately, so gave Pioneer a go. It is soo good, that I am installing the same system into our other car.

Your best bet is to post a thread at http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/in-car-electronics-d3-vf36.html
where I know someone who knows what they are talking about will talk you through the process for upgrading your stereo. But I have to admit, if it wasn't for the original unit becoming faulty, I would have kept the factory set up and would have had Bluetooth installed separately at a later date.

Hope you can make some use of my ramblings lol

Post #16350692nd Apr 2016 10:38 pm
urhunden

Sweden 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 4

Thank you for your advice.
I am not really a friend of my radio.
Or really, the radio works fine, but I would like to have a interface for my phone. Complete phonebook on screen and the possibility to phone better from the screen or from the steering wheel.
And I do not need the 6cd option.

Post #16351213rd Apr 2016 12:19 am
disco-nut

Narpy wrote:
When your reverse camera turns up, shout up, you'll need to know the quickest and best route for the cable. Wink
Also, if your camera is supplied with a 5metre av lead, I strongly advise you to get one of these:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Single-RCA-Phono...Sw3xJVeFFi

Having installed 4 or 5 different reverse cameras, in 4 or 5 different D3's, I can confidently say, 5 metres is not enough, you'll get to the bonnet release lever and no further so get that little extra addition whilst you're waiting for your camera to arrive and save yourself a whole world of pain when it won't reach. Wink

Also, if you've bought the camera that replaces the number plate light, here are two tips for you:
1. Without running any cables, plug your camera into your newly installed radio touch screen port and power the camera up using a PP3 battery to check it works. 9 volts is plenty to power the camera. Thumbs Up
2. If you have bought one of the number plate illumination replacement cameras, you probably won't appreciate the amount of light it robs from the number plate at night.
This is a much better type: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mini-360-CCD-HD-...SwL7VWqYZ2 and can be fitted like this:

Click image to enlarge

You might be ok with the number plate light being half lit, I wasn't. Rolling Eyes

Good luck with finishing the install. Thumbs Up

Am I right in assuming that the picture is of the backend of your car and is your current camera? If so, can the angle be adjusted on the camera in that picture? I have ordered one exactly the same now, although the reg light one hasn't arrived yet.

I don't actually want the camera really for reversing, but more for lining up the tow hitch. Although I will use the camera to help park lol

With the way the weather is forecasted, I doubt very much that I will get to fit this next weekend. But hopefully the weather will pick up for the weekend after.

Post #16355983rd Apr 2016 10:37 pm
disco-nut

This is the 2nd camera I have ordered so that I can have a choice as I have been thinking more and more about 2 things, 1, how it looks, 2, Picture quality.

I would really like to be able to activate the rear view camera both automatically via the reverse lights BUT I also want to be able to turn it on manually without the reverse lights on. Any ideas on how to do that?

This is the camera:

Post #16356374th Apr 2016 12:47 am
Narpy

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

disco-nut wrote:
Am I right in assuming that the picture is of the backend of your car and is your current camera? If so, can the angle be adjusted on the camera in that picture? I have ordered one exactly the same now, although the reg light one hasn't arrived yet.

Yes, your thinking is correct, it is my current camera and here's the answer I gave previously:

Narpy wrote:
Not sure, don't think it swivels but it will turn in the mounting hole buts it's not on a gimble if that's what you mean
 Mods:
Front Fogs + Halos
FBH Remote Control
The 1st Ever RRS Modded Grill
Garmin Nuvi + D4 Surround + Reversing Camera.
D4 Steering Wheel.
Rear Boot Spoiler.
Twin Brake Lights.
Wing Mirror Indicator Repeaters.
Long Roof Rails
Make your own Narpy grill thread
I'm not scared, I'm outta here. 

Post #16360824th Apr 2016 9:36 pm
disco-nut

Had a busy day today, Been to central and west London today and on the way home stopped and got myself a new air filter from Island 4X4 as I know the car is due a service but can't afford it until next month. So thought at least an air filter changer would help.

Click image to enlarge

Discovery did 33mpg going up to Central London and around London and back to the coast again and didn't miss a beat. Still soo pleased with it.

Also while I was out, more little parts arrived in the post including 8 eagle eye lights which are being mounted into the boot as additional interior courtesy lights.

Post #16364655th Apr 2016 7:27 pm
disco-nut

Looks like I am going to finally be able to tow without fear of losing what I am towing, or what I am towing coming off into oncoming traffic!

Although my towbar was deemed safe and the nose weight limit for the detachable towbar has been revised to 150kg, LRCS have agreed to fit the Land Anker. I can't wait! April 23rd I am going back to the dealer to get the fixed towbar fitted. Once this is done, the Red D2 is possibly going to be sold by my parents as they are looking at getting a Discovery Sport Mad Laughing

Give it a few months and I will be using my D3 for one of the reasons I bought it for.

Post #16368466th Apr 2016 5:18 pm
Sean North

Scotland 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Keswick GreenDiscovery 4

How much is the congestion charge for the D3 ?

Post #16368506th Apr 2016 5:33 pm
D16PJM

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

it will be the standard charge which I think is £11, if registered as disabled free.
 De tango
BAS remap
EGR blank
Colour coded
21" range rover wheels
tinted windows
side steps
3 blink, C.O.D 

Post #16368576th Apr 2016 5:50 pm
disco-nut

I paid £10 fee 6 years ago for congestion zone exemption as I am disabled and my car is on disabled tax. I also had to pay a 1 off admin fee to the Dartford toll people to register my car, so I don't pay for the toll crossing either. I wouldn't have normally bothered, but I attend around 20 appointments a year in central London so it was worth while to me.

The admin fee's have probably increased too. You can have 2 cars registered for congestion exemption for central London and they don't have to be disabled taxed for central London, you just have to have blue badge. I have both the Mondeo and Discovery exempt. But Dartford crossing, the car has to be disabled taxed, so only my Discovery is exempt for that.

For all the information you need for the congestion zone which is normally £11.50 per day fixed price I believe for any size engine or vehicle, you need to go this site https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/congestion-charge

Post #16368966th Apr 2016 6:55 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 19 of 26 <123 ... 181920 ... 242526>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >