Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General (D4)

Misting Up
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
stenh02

Scotland 

I suppose it not working too hard makes sense when the engine is off in 'Eco' mode. But when the engine is running surely it can pull the moisture out the atmosphere?

Post #140608811th Jan 2015 11:05 pm
promitheus

Greece 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Robbie wrote:
That would be interesting if the recent enhancements have made things worse.

I don't think it made things worse; I believe that if there was a way to measure relative humidity on MY13 and older windscreens, you would get the same results. We should also take into account that fresh air coming into the cabin at night may well be at 80-90% humid, so the a/c has to dehumidify that too. It's definitely a complicated algorithm. In addition, please note that 35-40% is a good value for your health, but this measurement is on the top of the windscreen surface, which means that humidity inside the cabin is a lot less.
Actually, things were worse back in MY13, as the ATC would not control the recirculation flap (not allowing it to close when windscreen was too humid and temp low) making it very easy for moisture build up.

BTW, all my assumptions and conclusions are correct only if my CC works as expected. Whistle Laughing Laughing
Wiggs was kind enough Bow down to send me his log file and results are quite similar. I'm still investigating this, as I already said, and will come back with a complete reference manual for all.

Anyway, I'm just trying to prove that mine works fine, or I'll end up with Tavor's!!! Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Post #140618512th Jan 2015 7:55 am
mash tattie

2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Just want to throw a litle curve ball in on his topic. Going away from the humidity/temp factors of the vehicle climate control.
I have noticed this on all Model years, I have had this occur on my MY 12 and 15. What I do now is give the inside of the windows a thorough clean with Autoglym glass cleaner to remove any contaminates that may be on the glass. I then apply rainex to the outside of the side windows. This helps any water to be removed quickly from the windows. I have found this process virtually eliminates the misting issue when the weather is cold and wet and a number of people jump in with wet jackets etc. BTW I run the CC on auto ranging from 21-24 in winter.

Post #140660612th Jan 2015 7:35 pm
promitheus

Greece 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

+1 on that! Thumbs Up I was thinking about your point mash on my way home tonight. Dirt on the inside of the windows make mist build up so much easier. Yep, keep your windows clean, people! Smile

Post #140670812th Jan 2015 9:47 pm
Robbie

United Kingdom 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Baltic BlueDiscovery 4

promitheus wrote:
Robbie wrote:
That would be interesting if the recent enhancements have made things worse.

I don't think it made things worse; I believe that if there was a way to measure relative humidity on MY13 and older windscreens, you would get the same results.

Actually, things were worse back in MY13, as the ATC would not control the recirculation flap (not allowing it to close when windscreen was too humid and temp low) making it very easy for moisture build up.

I remain openminded, but not yet convinced. The later changes were driven by a need to reduce the load on the HEVAC for EcoStart and for emissions reduction. The idea being if you could more closely monitor screen conditions you could do the minimum.

I have zero issues with my MY13 in moist / humid conditions. The demist clears everything and the AC in auto will maintain clear screens all round. When winter conditions are not demanding I can turn 'off' the auto function and maintain a clear screen.

My first observations on the new vehicles is that the heated elements can appear to trick the system, giving you a clear screen on the heated bits surrounded by a misted boarder and side windows.

Anyway, I look forward to the findings.

Thumbs Up
 Land Rover - Turning Drivers into Mechanics Since 1948

Battery & Quiescent Current Drain Testing

Diagnostics for:
Defender, FL2, D3, D4, Evoque, RRS & FFRR
A not-for-profit enterprise

Post #140671712th Jan 2015 9:55 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >