Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > My Discovery 3

Siôn - D3 TDV6 SE 2009
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Sion

Wales 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Graphite LE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

All the interior lights and puddle lights upgraded to LED's. Makes a huge diffrence. Sorry, no before shot, but it is so much brighter and a much cleaner white light.

I can see in the boot at night now!

Click image to enlarge

Post #16507955th May 2016 9:29 pm
tayaste

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

8) Where'd you get the bulbs from. They're bright

Post #16508215th May 2016 9:54 pm
Sion

Got them from PowerfulUK. The pictures make the actual lights look brighter than they are, but I have to admit, I was a bit worried that they were too bright when I first tried them out. After a day, I'm used to them now.

Post #16508245th May 2016 10:06 pm
Sion

Just changed my grill to a second hand Narpy one from Safari Hunter on these forums. The glue (tiger seal I think?) had become unstuck on the top bar, so a quick re-stick and clamp for 24 hours and it as good as new. I think I prefer it to my old grill as it breaks up the massive amount of silver and goes well with my wheels.

Compared to before
Click image to enlarge

Post #17288694th Nov 2016 2:43 am
daftlad

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Grill definitely looks better bud, like the wheels , what colour did you do them
im about to have a grill change , arecthey expesive to hahe painted
cheers
Phil

Post #17294645th Nov 2016 5:52 pm
Sion

The 18" wheels were about £70 a wheel I think. I think if you shop around, there are cheaper deals. I just asked for a generic 'gun metal grey'.

Post #17296906th Nov 2016 9:24 am
Sion

It's funny how something as simple as a black badge on my Narpy grill led to a few more cosmetic mods (and a lighter wallet Laughing )

Because I had a black badge on the grill, I changed the one on the boot handle to black (nice and cheap). After a while I started to think that the later black D4 rear lights would look good and keep the theme going so ordered a pair (not so cheap).

I had bought some Prospeed sliders at the end of last year, but couldn't face scrabbling around on the floor in the winter, so with a day off from work and the sun out, I decided fit them.

My cheap eBay side steps had seen better days and the trims were coming away after only 2.5years. I had never been pleased with them as they were a poor fit and the protective plastic on the aluminium trim left marks which I could never shift.

I printed out Robbie's excellent guide from these forums, unpacked the sliders and set to work.

When I fitted my side steps, I copper greased all the bolts and I'm glad I did, as they all unbolted with ease. I was suprised how much surface rust there was underneath them, but they were still solid (apart from the trims).

Everything ran smoothly apart from the 2 screws in the inner wing which had corroded solid after only 2.5 years. The yellow clips that hold the trim to the body were a nightmare to remove.

After removing 3 and marking the body with a screwdriver, I asked on the forums what the best way to get them out was. The suggestion I went with was to cut the nipple off them, grind them down a bit to get them reasonably flat and leave them in.

After much cursing, I was done. 8) I had to take the new door seals off and refit them as I had put them on the wrong way (RTFM) Embarassed . They should be pointing out, not in like the standard ones.

Inserts fitted. Not sure I like these, but I payed for them, so they are staying for the time being

Got to thank Robbie for the great guide (I follwed it to the letter) and also the tip on using the jack with a small plank of wood on it to position the bars. I cable tied the wood to the jack to stop it moving and it worked a treat.

Post #180523619th Apr 2017 12:04 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >