Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Camping, Caravanning and Holidays

My Narrow Track (potentially up for sale)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 18 of 43 <123 ... 171819 ... 414243>
beanie
Site Sponsor 

England 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 GS Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Now where did you find that ?
 Altox GSM FBH controller thread

IID Pro MV License - D3, D4 & RRS - Enabling, Updates, D4 & RRS Timed / Remote Climate, D4 Bluetooth fitting
PM me for details

Owner of the original "Beanie" grille
D4 & RRS style D3 grilles made to order

Post #134616222nd Sep 2014 9:56 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
sailorboi

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

The fairies left it on my trailer Thumbs Up
 07 Java Black TD V6 D3, EGRs Blanked, Tow bar, Full dog guard & divider, LED Spots , DRLs, GG ATs, RLD Sump guard, RLD Spare Wheel Protector, D4 LED Rear Lights, Limo tints on boot and Midnight tint on rear windows, Kenwood screen with Garmin nav, Rear cameras, D4 Steering wheel with flappy paddles, T-max split charge system, Tree sliders, Prospeed roof rack & Ladder, Alisport fast road inter cooler,

Massey Ferguson 35x
Sankey Narrow Track Camping Trailer (Gone but to a great home) 

Post #134617022nd Sep 2014 10:06 pm
sailorboi

Well it has been a awhile due to the stupid car parking issue but I had the morning to do a bit more Thumbs Up

I have nearly finished most of the partitions out of 6mm plywood and I am pretty pleased with how it is turning out Smile
Once I have the basic shell of each cupboard done I will start thinking about shelves and stuff.

I also painted up the frame for the sink/ kitchen section and will need to fit that before finally fixing the partitions for good. I am on the look out for something to stick over the wood to creat a splash back/ protect it in the kitchen area. Has anyone got any ideas?? I like the stick down sort of vinyl and I think I want a grey colour like the outside what do u think? And then I will seal all round Smile
 07 Java Black TD V6 D3, EGRs Blanked, Tow bar, Full dog guard & divider, LED Spots , DRLs, GG ATs, RLD Sump guard, RLD Spare Wheel Protector, D4 LED Rear Lights, Limo tints on boot and Midnight tint on rear windows, Kenwood screen with Garmin nav, Rear cameras, D4 Steering wheel with flappy paddles, T-max split charge system, Tree sliders, Prospeed roof rack & Ladder, Alisport fast road inter cooler,

Massey Ferguson 35x

Post #134779125th Sep 2014 4:20 pm
wiggs

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

You can get bathroom / shower cladding ( about 3mm ) which is waterproof and comes in either sheets or strips
 G4 Gone ...but not forgotten  
Post #134779625th Sep 2014 4:37 pm
sailorboi

That sounds like the stuff Thumbs Up

From somewhere like B&Q I guess? Also Wiggs what was that grippy stuff you used in MK1 in the rear load area?

Cheers Thumbs Up

Massey Ferguson 35x

Post #134780425th Sep 2014 4:54 pm
sailorboi

Did some more again this morning and afternoon.

This morning I finished fitting the partions and dividing up the space to suit my needs (I think):

Kitchen is again placed in so I can see what it will look like. Plenty of space for cabinets in the middle Smile

Then this afternoon I finally tackled the last section of roof that ended fitting Smile
I put the wooden lining in first and the fitted the out side ontop. Put a bit of insulation in on top too but ran out and did not really want to get another sheet as I think I have finished with it Thumbs Up

The final thing to do, which in will hopefully get done tomorrow is final for the wheel arches haha! Wheels off and then rivet them in Rolling with laughter

Also added a rear ladder that I had hanging around. I had to shorten it and weld it back together but I think it looks good 8)

Massey Ferguson 35x

Post #134843326th Sep 2014 7:10 pm
RLD
Uncle Ray 

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Thumbs Up
 Home of RLD Hidden winch mounts Spare wheel Locks Trailer Body Fabrication [email protected] D3/4 sump plates MY 14 sump plates and the Discovery Sport wheel protectors Discovery 5 wheel locks
more Helsport tents and other things for camping Law of Mechanical Repair:
"After your hands are coated with grease, your nose will begin to itch and you'll have to pee!" 

Post #134844226th Sep 2014 7:27 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
wiggs

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Seen the stuff on eBay .

Grippy stuff ??? Can't think what u mean ?
 G4 Gone ...but not forgotten  
Post #134860827th Sep 2014 7:32 am
sailorboi

Looked on the bay and too much choice Rolling with laughter

Thanks Wiggs I will have to make a decision Thumbs Up

Massey Ferguson 35x

Post #134862827th Sep 2014 8:49 am
sailorboi

Got one wheel arch fully done and the. I ran out sealant so will crack on with the other one tomorrow morning as the wheels are off and would like to but them back on so I can put it back in the shed Thumbs Up

Need to get a few longer rivets too for the roof and maybe tomorrow I will bolt on the awning Mr. Green

Massey Ferguson 35x

Post #134879327th Sep 2014 6:39 pm
Arlo

Germany 

Don't overdo it! Mr. Green

Looks pretty good! Bow down

Post #134881227th Sep 2014 7:12 pm
sailorboi

Well I only got a few hours this morning as SWMBO needed running around etc...

I got the wheel arches fully fitted they have two sides, the outer skin from underneath which is the same as the cladding. And then on top from the inside is coated in 6mm plywood and the void gap between the two will be filled with insulating foam. This will make it water proof and provide a heat barrier between the cooker above the N/S wheel arch.

They don't look overly pretty but they will be hidden on the inside and I will scrap the excess off the outside and with the wheel fitted you won't see any of it Thumbs Up

I will get some longer rivets tomorrow and finish the roof then I think all the tin work is done Mr. Green

Massey Ferguson 35x

Post #134918728th Sep 2014 5:48 pm
sailorboi

Plodding along nicely Thumbs Up

Finally got the roof all secured and went around all the seems with some silicon just to make sure it is nice and water tight. Which it should be as there is a bed of silicon between all the sheets and a nice overlap Smile

Got the water tank all connected up and pipes through the floor and sealed. Then cut the external holes for the water filler and the BBQ external gas connection. I ran all the gas pipe under the floor and through the chassis and back in. Got the waste pipe sorted for the sink too at the moment it will just go straight down into a bucket I think.

Below definitely not finished/ tidy

Hopefully I can get the kitchen frame finally in place now all the underside is mainly done. I also wanted to fit the awning just because so I did that (apologies I forgot to take a pic before I put it back in the shed)

Once the kitchen is in and the partitions in on the other side I will have to focus on the one job I have been putting off and will be a major one..... The DOORS Big Cry

Massey Ferguson 35x

Last edited by sailorboi on 29th Sep 2014 5:00 pm. Edited 2 times in total 
Post #134968729th Sep 2014 4:23 pm
Iguana

Ukraine 

That is one decent looking job mate, really love what you've done Thumbs Up
 Iggy/Ieuan

Current LR =
2015 RR Sport Autobiography
&
1992 Land Rover Defender Camper

- Gone but not forgotten:
MY10 D4 GS
MY05 Disco 3 'S'
MY14 FL2 HSE manual in Blue
MY15 Disco 4 HSE Lux in Santorini Black
MY08 Disco 3 SE manual in Buck Blue
1960 Series 2 88" (No idea why I sold it!) 

Post #134970129th Sep 2014 4:43 pm
sailorboi

Thanks Iggy!

I am going to pop and get some timber now so that I am ready for tomorrow Thumbs Up I need to get some spacing stuff to go between the partitions and add some strength to the 6mm ply for when I make some shelving etc...

Might have time this weekend to get the awning out and have a play too Smile

Massey Ferguson 35x

Post #134971229th Sep 2014 4:58 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 18 of 43 <123 ... 171819 ... 414243>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >