Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Sun Roof whrr noise when closed at +110 kph.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
bbyer

Canada 2005 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverLR3
Sun Roof whrr noise when closed at +110 kph.

Are there any secrets to adjusting the sunroof to reduce wind noise levels when closed and travelling at +110 kph?

I have been adjusting the sunroof closed "elevation" position via the six torx screws, (three on each side), and have yet to get it right so to speak.

I also looked at a flock of new and used D3 and D4's at the dealership to get an idea of where the factory thinks the glass should sit relative to the metal roof opening. Unfortunately, it seems that there is no uniformity.

On some, the roof glass sits high at the front relative to the metal; on others, one corner is high, the other sunken, or both sides are low. The same inconsistency relates to the rear corners of the roof glass as well.

With my LR3, I most recently have set all four corners high relative to the sheet metal. At low speed, I do not get too much wind noise, but above 110 kph and when there is a cross wind or when passing say a large truck, a wirring noise will kind of sound out and then go away. I do not have a roof rack or bars, but do have the standard factory rails.

I wondered if there were any adjustment secrets?
 2005 LR3 HSE 4.4L AJ-V8 petrol; Traxide Dual Battery; PIAA 2500K Yellow Ion H11 Fog Light bulbs; CounterAct LT-2 Capacitive Corrosion control; LLumar AIR80 Blue clear Infra Red blocking side window film; Liftgate manual release; Schrader Valve "air in" mod to OEM air suspension reservoir tank; Akebono ceramic pads; OEM solid vented discs; LR4 design hitch receiver; Wiggs D4 MOST bluetooth module; Clock on the Dash; 3 Flash signal light mod; Backup Camera; 2015/16 Nav Data update.  
Post #6676753rd Jul 2010 3:15 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >