Post Reply  Down to end
Page 7 of 9 <123456789>
geoff.

England 

FCR turned up today , thanks BBS Thumbs Up

Post #62115215th Mar 2010 1:07 pm
Paul.

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Mines arrived too Very Happy Going to plug it in and have a play tomorrow Mr. Green

Thanks Colin Thumbs Up
 Cheers Paul

Discovery 3 TDV6 SE

Post #62132215th Mar 2010 5:50 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Cyprus 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

You are most welcome guy's
I certainly Hope you like em as much as everyone else has and find them just as useful.
feel free to post up how you get on, good bad or ugly, any feedback is always welcome. Thumbs Up

You might also like to check out the FCR microsite at
http://www.blackbox-solutions.com/FCR/home.htm

Discodk, Thumbs Up
No matter how you fix it, at least you will never have to rely on having anyone else figure out what is wrong with your D3.

Post #62137015th Mar 2010 6:57 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
discodk

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Arctic FrostDiscovery 3

BBS SPY wrote:

Discodk, Thumbs Up
No matter how you fix it, at least you will never have to rely on having anyone else figure out what is wrong with your D3.

Need to get the thing muddy again once it's fixed, at least I know have "peace of mind" with the faultmate tucked away in the glovebox!

Thanks for the fast friendy and efficient service Mr. Green

Post #62183316th Mar 2010 1:58 pm
jnoshea

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Manual Java BlackDiscovery 3

My FCR hasn't turned up yet. I think I might have delayed things by not being in when Paula called to confirm my forum discount last Tuesday Sad

Post #62239117th Mar 2010 4:05 pm
bellautos

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 SE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Hi jnoshea

This probabaly best in a email direct to bbs as bbs admin that deal with postage etc etc dont read here Very Happy

Pete

Post #62239517th Mar 2010 4:12 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
jnoshea

Good point.

Post #62245517th Mar 2010 6:10 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Our admin / shipping dept is in a totally different part of the building to us techies, so as soon as i read your post jnoshea, i looked up your order ref number and sent Paula a message over our internal chat system that went like this.

Colin: I want to check up on an FCR on order ref XXXXXXXX
Paula: Yea, what do you want to know?
Colin: Well ideally, where it is, The customer is saying on the disco3.co.uk forum that it has not turned up yet and i wondered if you could track it.
Paula: Yes we can
Colin: Great, can you track it then and give me the info pls
Paula: Yea no problem, hang on a min

few minutes later
Paula: Found it
Colin: Great where is it?
Paula: It's still in our stock room
Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Colin: Hmmn, that's some tracking system
Paula: yea its the Vicky system Wink
Colin: Oh i see, I thought that had shut down for the night
Paula: yea but i booted it up before she went home
Colin: that sounds painful, so why is it still in the stock room then?
Paula: Been trying to call the customer to confirm the new price, and can't get hold of him, left messages, sent a mail etc. can you get him to contact us, or get him to PM you a mobile number or something. We will call him again just now.

few minutes later.
Paula: Still no reply
Colin: ok, i will write him back and see what i can do.

So there you go chap, you know as much as me now
Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Post #62248217th Mar 2010 6:57 pm
jnoshea

Thanks for the infor Colin. I'm stuck in Sweden at the moment with no phone. Is there an email address for the admin team that I can contact?

EDIT: All sorted now. Had a nice email from Victoria first thing this morning. Cheers.

Last edited by jnoshea on 18th Mar 2010 2:25 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #62252517th Mar 2010 8:19 pm
Frans@yamorna

South Africa 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Vienna GreenDiscovery 3

The FCR seems a very special piece of equipment.Could have saved my RR Classic's EAS.Recently replaced the RR Classic with the D3,and sofar very happy.This car realy needs the FCR!!!
Where do one get the meaning of the fault codes?
Will soon order my unit,must just find partners to order together to bring the shipping cost down.
When do one qualify for the discount?

Post #62252817th Mar 2010 8:22 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Glad you are now all sorted J, we will have you smiling from ear to ear in no time Thumbs Up

Hiya F@Y
We actually make a very similar bit of kit for the Classic and P38 Range Rover Air suspension called the EAS Kicker. It is incredibly successful with us now having sold well over 500 without so much as a single negative comment, and we now even make a Lite version that you just plug in and it automatically clears the EAS fault codes for you. That's only been around for about 18 months, but we are almost up to 500 units shipped already Thumbs Up

And D3 Owners think their EAS system is bad Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

However, given that the Disco 3 is such a technology laden vehicle, and just how prone all that technology is to causing problems, which of course becomes ever more likely as they get older. Even a momentary system glitch can leave an owner stranded or without full functionality, which sods law dictates will also be at the worst possible time and this has even happened to me.

In fact i would hazard a guess that almost every Disco 3 owner has at some time suffered from or witnessed a system glitch, that although may have not have disabled a system or their Disco 3, but has certainly caused them great concern and highlighted just dependent they are on this technology and how vulnerable they are to it going wrong.

In such cases, having an FCR on board at all times, as a degree of insurance against such system glitches leaving you in the lurch, not only gives overwhelming peace of mind, but also the ability to tap into the Disco 3's immense amount of self diagnostic capability as and whenever you wish, to investigate any event, prempt any problem and keep as much a watchful eye on the electronic health situation as you would the oil level.

So yes, you really are dead right, the FAULTMATE FCR really is a very special bit of equipment and any Disco 3 owner really does need an FCR for their car. I can but only bang on about it as best and often as i can in the hope of persuading them to invest before the event. and n that note i also thank everyone who has bought one for passing on their degree of new found satisfaction and security.

Quote:
Where do one get the meaning of the fault codes?

For each fault code the FCR finds, It displays several things. The first is the code itself EG C1234, the next is the as per dealer level translation of that code into text, EG problem with right front height sensor. the next is what is commonly referenced as causal information and is taken from an additional pair of digits after the code. the so called 7 digit code. this is typically something like open circuit, closed circuit, implausible value, short to Batt or ground etc. The last piece of information the FCR appends to its scrolling display is the information that in gleaned from each fault codes status byte. That is things like Permanent or intermittent, historic, warning lamp on etc. If you get a code with a meaning you do not understand and you really want to, then it's down to you to bone up about the system using forums such as this and the vast amount of technical literature until you do understand. We just provide the equipment to access the vehicles built in self diagnostic capability and nothing more.

Quote:
When do one qualify for the discount?

Discounting is a very tricky business, especially when the margins are so small already. Across the world we have a number of established resellers / distributors and they have to buy 5 or 1o FCR's to get 10% discount. So i hope you can appreciate how totally unfair it is for me to offer 10% to just anyone who signs up. It is also unfair to any forums administration to have members sign up just to get a discount from us. So as stated, i offer the discount to established members only. The exact definition that i use is published here
http://www.blackbox-solutions.com/download...Disco3.pdf
But basically it amounts to at least 6 months membership and 50 or more posts.

Post #62377919th Mar 2010 9:45 pm
Frans@yamorna

South Africa 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Vienna GreenDiscovery 3

Thanks for the reply,quite clear.The discount is not an issue and we are in the processe of ordering at least two units.
I joined the site when I sold my Classic and bought the D3.Was a member of RR Classic forum and would not like to be without a forum,there is simply so much to learn from fellow members.I think the bad stealers hate these forums as it is costing them money!!

Post #62395420th Mar 2010 9:50 am
mikeharris

2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Got my FCR in the post today.

Looks a good bit of kit.
Already had a nose around and cleared a few codes!

Mike
 '07 D3 HSE Stornoway Grey  
Post #62517222nd Mar 2010 4:50 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Gives a whole new meaning to the term Plug-N-Play don't it Mike Laughing
Amazing how such a cheap and simple little thing can open a whole world of access to the D3's built in self diagnostic technology.

I am guessing you had a load of spurious network communications type faults logged.

Post #62603423rd Mar 2010 7:41 pm
mikeharris

2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

One or two comms faults!

I don’t think I would have bought a 3 year old Disco if this tool was not available…

Regards
Mike
 '07 D3 HSE Stornoway Grey  
Post #62611123rd Mar 2010 8:58 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 7 of 9 <123456789>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >