DISCO3.CO.UK > Blackbox Solutions

New low cost BBS Fault Code tool launched
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 9 of 9 <123456789
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Cyprus 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Robert

Thanks for your order and custom, but mostly your kind and much appreciated words of thanks.
The feedback we have had about the FCR has been simply phenomenol, and sadly only very little has been posted publically. Most notably poeple are initially most impressed with the items look, feel and build quality.
Although most would do anything to preserve the units super sleek electric blue looks, the robustness of the unit makes you feel that even if you threw it at a rock as hard as you could, tossed it off a cliff or drove over it, it would still likely work just the same. After their initialally being impressed by the physical aspect however, it seems people are equally impressed with how easy and well it does what it does.

How the hell we manage to produce it for sub 200 GBP is still something i am trying to figure out myself Laughing Laughing

PJV
Yep, being a member for more than 6 months and having 50 posts or more, you do qualify for our established member 10% discount scheme.

I must say how impressd i have been with members general appreciation and understanding of my need to set and adhere to this criterea. The fact is that that all our equimpent has such low margins, 10% is quite a big deal and ordinarily our resellers / distributors have to buy quite a few FCR units at a time to get the same, so it really is only being fair. In addition, I tend to be quite understanding and sensible to anyone who buys a unit and does not fully meet the criterea, for example if you have been a member for a year or so, but only have 25 posts, (not all in the last week Whistle ) i would typically offer you 5%. I hope that helps you berndv

Just buy on line from our web shop in the usual way and them immediately PM me the order reference number you get.

For anyone in the EU with a VAT rate of more than 15%, you will also note that under EU rules you will only be charged VAT at the Cypriot 15% rate at our end and no VAT at your end which is an additional saving.

oldsalt
A very interesting and debate worthy opinion. There are a number of D3 owners out there who think the FCR is a luxury and the D3 has been around for years and managed perfectly well without it. And while their is some merit to such comment, IMHO many D3's are getting older and with their renowned mass of electronic on board systems and its many operational quirks, such a tool as the FCR does start to become more "must have" than luxury very quickly.
I have myself suffered recently from 2 operational quirks of my own D3 during off roading outings, both happened at the worst possible moment and in the worst possible situation and conditions. In both cases it was the FCR that saved me.

I also think it is really telling that i now have about 10 owners of full on Faultmate MSV-2 extremes who now also have FCR's.

Post #6439652nd May 2010 7:00 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Alan G

Scotland 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Colin, just to say thank you for the service and to add what has already been said.

This is a very well made little unit. Very easy to use and all self explanatory as you go through the different menus, ecu's. On first receiving the units, the build quality stands out and it's shiny. Very Happy

Even the LR Master Tech was impressed with the build quality, now just to persuade him to buy the MSV unit. Whistle
 ATB

Alan

http://www.youtube.com/user/Bonzo676767#p/u 

Post #6442343rd May 2010 3:44 pm
Nico G4-2

South Africa 2011 Discovery 4 5.0 V8 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4
Orderd Mine....

I placed the ordert yesterday and followed up with PM and e-mail to Colin for the discount. I was treated to GR8 service and received the tracking number today.

Now waiting for long travel to Africa - I will report when I receive the unit.

I was seriously contemplating getting the MSV-2 thingy but this is more what I wanted. I don't think you can go into Africa just normal touring without this. It is not cheap for us but the saving in time/effort if you only need it once while 1000+ km from home will make it CHEAP. I hate kicking myself saying - I SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT THAT THING TO HELP ME Very Happy

Tx
Nico
 Nico

'91 BYB - Big Yellow Bus: Ex-CT Tdi Disco
'05 BOV - Big Orange Van: TDV6 D3 G4 - Hit a COW the animal kind
'11 BBB - Big Black Bus: D4 HSE 5.0 V8 - busy with MODS
'16 KIA SEDONA - 11 SEATS
SWAMBO ... Small black number - RCZ 

Post #6451295th May 2010 3:35 pm
pjv

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 GS Manual Santorini BlackDiscovery 3

Colin

recieved my little blue gem today - impressed with the build, ease of use and very professional service from BBS. Maybe shiny blue is not ideal as SWMBO noticed it in the kitchen and quizzed me under very bright lights on its function and cost..... I lied

Although no obvious signs of problems I had quiet a few faults shown on my 58 GS. Reset them so will see what reappears after driving for a week or so. I'm sure this has been asked before but is there a 'key' to explain what the fault codes indicate just so I've an idea of seriousness

regards
pjv

Post #64785911th May 2010 9:23 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Nico G4-2

South Africa 2011 Discovery 4 5.0 V8 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4
Arrived ...

TNT delivered today - paid small amount for VAT and import fees etc...

I like it - it works extremely easy - I have a few errors will make note of each before reset and drive around and see what reappears ??

I also want to know the meaning of the codes ?

Nico

PS - TX again BBS / Colin
 Nico

'91 BYB - Big Yellow Bus: Ex-CT Tdi Disco
'05 BOV - Big Orange Van: TDV6 D3 G4 - Hit a COW the animal kind
'11 BBB - Big Black Bus: D4 HSE 5.0 V8 - busy with MODS
'16 KIA SEDONA - 11 SEATS
SWAMBO ... Small black number - RCZ 

Post #65052618th May 2010 6:31 pm
boyo

2006 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Java BlackLR3
Just ordered one...

Hi,

Just ordered mine through the ebay store and cant wait to get my hands on it.

I know i dont qualify for the discount but i am sure i will get my 10% in kind from valuable tips on the Disco3 website. fantastic site.

Cheers

Post #65216523rd May 2010 7:35 pm
robertofollia

Spain 2007 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 SE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

I received the FCR30 last wednesday but was not able to plug it until today. 4 faults found in HEVAC, just erased them as the system went crazy 2 years ago, the stealer told me "a new software had been downloaded" but... never ran OK.

I wish I had the FCR then. But from now on, it will live in my glovebox, as a swiss army knife. Thanls Colin, thanks Blackbox Solutions, thanks Vicky and Paula for putting up with me and thank you for marketing such a handy, useful and grear product, everything shrunk into a tiny, practical, sleek and user-friendly aluminium box.

Have a nice weekend.

Robert
 Regards, Robert
Only a closed filling station can prevent me from reaching my destination
1992 Santana 88"SWB petrol
1995 RRClassic 300Tdi
1999 D2 V8 manual coiler
2004 D2 Td5... SOLD!
2006 D3 V8 SE 

Post #6570055th Jun 2010 11:04 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Hiya all
Thank you all for your most kind words.

Especially yours Robert, it sure is nice to be so warmly appreciated for what we have worked so very hard to bring to the market place and i will certainly make sure that all your kind comments are passed to the respective staff here.

Boyo, you sure will love it like everyone does and although you cann't claim a discount for when buying it Via the Ebay store, but as you note that won't matter a bit when you get to see what an increadibly usefull and valuable bit of kit it really is.

Post #6575767th Jun 2010 5:42 pm
BrumLee

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Geoff showed me the FCR in operation on Friday at Billing. What a neat bit of kit to keep in the glovebox 8) Quicker than my MSV Extreme, but that maybe due to it being a compact fault code reader/clearer. All in all very impressed Thumbs Up
 Faultmate MSV2 EXTREME
FOXWELL N624 Elite
Hantek 1008c Oscilloscope 

Post #67342418th Jul 2010 11:07 pm
D4JWW

South Africa 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 GS Manual Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Censored should have ask him to autograph my new FCR, being such a celebrity, old Collin (BBS spy), Bow down Bow down So much easier to part with the cash, when you have Collin (BBS spy) and Pete (BAS) behind the counter. Rolling with laughter Thanks Chaps very professional stand and staff (even had Collin in formal clothes) Rolling with laughter

Post #67361419th Jul 2010 3:24 pm
roveribis

United States 2008 LR3 4.4 V8 SE Auto Stornoway GreyLR3
Alignment mode?

I'm very interested in the FCR. I had a failure with the sunroof and it would not close! Ofcourse it started raining in the middle of the trail! Good thing I had plastic trashbags and duct tape.
The dealer said all they had to do was to reset the computer and it started working! ARG!

Anyways, I also need to be able to place the car in alingment mode. Can the FCR do this? OR do I need to up to the faultmate?

Thanks.

Post #67476021st Jul 2010 7:03 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Aww we only Autograph female body parts, don't ya know D4JWW
still it was great to meet you and help out.

Roveribis
First let me apologise about the delay in responding, but Pete seems to have given me something i did not quite expect as a momento of my pillgramige to see and meet him Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

And though it put me in bed for a few days, it was still well worth it.

Anyway

The FCR is a truly astonishing bit of kit, and it can read and clear fault codes from every on board system, which would no doubt have saved you needing the plastic bags and Duct tape, but thats all it does, it does not do anything else like set the EAS into tight tolerance mode, reset service intervals or otherwise.

For that you really do need our full on MSV-2 equipment, which is not that much more anyway and for sure will be the best investment in your D3 you ever make.

Post #67825030th Jul 2010 8:00 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 9 of 9 <123456789
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >