Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > My Discovery 3

New baby in D3
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
John C

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3
New baby in D3

Took our 1 week old baby boy (our first child) out at the weekend. Can't tell you how reassured I was going through the snow/ice in the D3. I know it's not invincible, but I am really glad there's so much protection for him in it!

Glad I went for Isofix seats (another forum recommendation Thumbs Up) A breeze getting him in and out!

Now need to look at roof boxes or something (or super compact prams), as his pram won't fit in the boot with the dog cage in it. Rolling Eyes

Anyway, he's doing really well - doing all he should (apparently) - it's going in one end, and coming out the other!

We're going to have so much fun! Interestingly, the first brand he saw when he entered the world was Land Rover (even before Pampers!) as I was wearing my LRE t-shirt!

John
 2020 SDV6 D5 HSE, Carpathian Grey +
2022 Tesla Model Y LR... almost Carpathian Grey
Previously : 2005 TDV6 SE Auto, Cairns Blue (288K) - ours for 16 years 

Post #57964712th Jan 2010 3:25 pm
AWD man

England 

Quinny Zapp mate
Folds down to the size of an umberella almost, and the Maxi cosi carseat snaps straight on... then when nipper is 11 months or so, you can use it as an upright stroller.. a great buy .

We got one for when the Mrs had a TT, but still use it today as it takes zero room in the boot, plus it's light and very manoverable in shops etc... Not a cross country walker mind you... wheels are quite small and there is no suspention to speak of.
 57 RRS TDV8
BAS Map
D3: Gone but not forgotten 

Post #57965712th Jan 2010 3:40 pm
SPOTTER

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Second that. Our Zapp is 5 years old now and has been all over the place;, cars, boats planes and trains. Easily goes in the boots with 7 seats in use. We have the warm bag thing as well which does stirling service when skiing. It does have very little wheels but is easy to pull backwards on snow! It is also light enough to carry single handed with child in it over rough bits of ground.

However you have to travek light with it, it won't carry shopping for instance.

Itis teh only pushchar we ever actually used, mostly because it was no hassle to us or others when out and about. Thumbs Up
 end of an era ....... maybe a Defender when it appears.......  
Post #57985812th Jan 2010 7:17 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
wvlenthe

Netherlands 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3
Re: New baby in D3

John C wrote:
Anyway, he's doing really well - doing all he should (apparently) - it's going in one end, and coming out the other!

If that is all, that's not enough. The end it goes into also functions as a horn. This is the function that eventually changes btw.

Rolling with laughter

Wiljo
 D3 V8 HSE Auto in Zermatt silver - driveway version gone but not forgotten, only the living room cupboard version remains  
Post #57987012th Jan 2010 7:31 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >