DISCO3.CO.UK > Blackbox Solutions

Keep up and special K
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Cyprus 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3
Keep up and special K

As those that have come to appreciate that the pace of developments and update releases for the Nanocom Evolution is now an almost weekly event here at BBS, due mostly to our recent reshuffling of our staff and infrastructure and Christian (Karpouzi) taking charge and leading the way, V1.22 was released last Friday and beyond adding some fixes and improvements to the newer CAN bus coverage has now started to add some fixes to the really very minor problems on the previous D2 / Td5 coverage who have been left waiting for this for quite a while now.

Since we (BBS) hurridly introduced coverage of CAN BUS vehicles in time for Christmas, which also gave us the ability to do so with a very healthy discount, we have of course encountered more than our fair share of problems.

One of these was the BCU/CJB seemingly lost after flashing one for which we did find a solution that helped and sorted those affected.

Today, me and Christian got quite a surprize in the form of a delivery from someone we helped that contained a bottle of a proper single malt Whisky for each of us from Special K (you know who you are Wink )

So Cheers Chaps Thumbs Up .

Warmest Regards

Colin

Post #12472624th Mar 2014 7:25 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
karpouzih
Site Sponsor 

Cyprus 

Mr. Green Ty kindly....."hickup"...

Post #12500769th Mar 2014 8:16 am
bbyer

Canada 2005 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverLR3
Finally ordered the new Nanocom Evolution.

I just ordered an Evo for my LR3.

I finally had to break down and order the Evo as with all the impassioned to and fro over the Christmas period, I concluded the Evo had to be the best available there was.

That and one other thing, I tired to get my LR dealer who I seem to give money to monthly, to modify my CCF to allow for a D4 Bluetooth module that I recently obtained from Wiggs.

When I very timidly asked, I got an immediate very forceful "no can do, no way etc".

I did not press the issue as I could see and feel the fear. Just successfully doing the service reset with their T4 is regarded as a near miracle. I think it has some thing to do with the stability of their shop power, but regardless, they will not try anything out of the routine.

Hence the learning curve starts for me in a couple of weeks - not really looking forward to that part as best I can determine, the power to change things works both ways.
 2005 LR3 HSE 4.4L AJ-V8 petrol; Traxide Dual Battery; PIAA 2500K Yellow Ion H11 Fog Light bulbs; CounterAct LT-2 Capacitive Corrosion control; LLumar AIR80 Blue clear Infra Red blocking side window film; Liftgate manual release; Schrader Valve "air in" mod to OEM air suspension reservoir tank; Akebono ceramic pads; OEM solid vented discs; LR4 design hitch receiver; Wiggs D4 MOST bluetooth module; Clock on the Dash; 3 Flash signal light mod; Backup Camera; 2015/16 Nav Data update.  
Post #125969127th Mar 2014 4:32 am
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Cyprus 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Thank you for your trust in us.

Yea, it was certainly a bit of to and froing with us launching the CAN BUS coverage on the Nanocom Evolution just before christmas and for sure we have had to work hard and fast to find and fix all the bugs and problems, not always ours, that in all reality were inevitable, but under Christians leadership especially i do not think anyone has any cause forf complaint and if fact we showed and proved a whole new level of vigour in development and debugging that probably surprised many, including me Thumbs Up

With there really being nothing new being added or developed in the last few weeks, one might imagine that we have lost pace with developing further features on the CAN BUS coverage.

I should therefore explain that this is not the case at all.

Having fully debugged all the existing CAN BUS vehicle functionality on the Nanocom Evolution we have had to return to the existing Legacy coverage it has to do a bit of tidying up of very minor problems that have been bought to our attention over the last year or so.

BBS has a hard earned reputation for being the best, and as such i can hope you all understand that we just do not want any loose ends left behind before we push forward into new functionality territory.

Almost finished now, we will return to developing and introducing new functionality and features on the CAN BUS coverage very soon.

Your dealer experience about the impossibility of modifying vehicle configuration sounds very familiar bbyer.
Before i came along, many on this forum would have also said "no can do, no way etc" and what i offered was regarded as just Smoke and Mirriors

But thankfully we now all know this is not true and as a result things are now very different in respect of modifying these vehicles configuration.

Tell me that you were not inwardly laughing to yourself about your dealer still being so ignorant, oblivious and unknowing Rolling with laughter

Power is Knowledge and so Knowledge is power.

For many, It would be a dream come true to have a brand spanking new L405 supercharged Range Rover with delivery milage only parked outside their door and with the keys for it in hand right now.

Maybe i am just dreaming or maybe not Whistle

Post #126007427th Mar 2014 6:18 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
bbyer

Canada 2005 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverLR3
Evo is my answer to the problem.

I am fortunate in that I do have a good local dealer and I think a pretty good relationship with them - they do solve the problems and I pay without complaining so ....

Mind you, my alternatives are limited. I would say that there are no local independents familiar with the 3; about 400 km to the South, yes there is a dealer; East, about 600 km, West, about 1,200 km on the Pacific coast, and North, that would be in Iceland. As such, it is in my best interests to maintain a good relationship and probably wise to be at least my own alternative.

I find that mechanically, the 3 is reliable and that most problems are minor electrical/computer related but are near impossible to figure out with just an volt /ohm meter - how I used to figure out an electrical problem.

Also while at times this computer stuff is really annoying, it also provides a path to keep ones vehicle up to date with the new ones. In my case, if I get my Bluetooth to D4 standards, that will be a real improvement over my 0000 circa 2005 Bluetooth capability. Also with computer stuff, it seems something like a new phone is not necessarily backward compatible and hence the "new" software is needed, rather than being just a nice to have.

And of course the "new" software is always full of glitches and then has to be updated again.

An example was my NAV update. I was running the original 2004 disc and then a while back, installed a 2008 disc. It seems the disc in addition to updated streets etc, also updates the display philosophy to the newer layouts. As to roads, in my case and for my area, a pleasant surprise, as the serpents and polar bear data was in part, replaced with roads.

I now have on the update what is locally called the Cowboy Highway which in the early 1900's was a trail for driving cattle to the railhead and now, more recently, Highway 22 that takes you to the ski areas in the Rocky Mountains - no more grizzly bears in lieu of road data in this case.

Once I figure out how to modify the CCF file to click on the Bluetooth, my next project will be to figure out how to install the 3 flash and clock software. I had a 2013 Chev pickup work truck and it had the 3 flash feature and I kind of got used to it. For my 3 not to have it is kind of yesterday, so with the Evo, I should be able to bring my 3 up to date. The red heater light, I can live with as LR has trained me not to get too excited about dash warning lights.

Cost wise, initially it seems like alot just to modify a few items, however, the alternatives, if there are any, are not cheap either and not quite there yet as well. It seems the whole computer world is a work in progress. As for my dealer, LR is going to have to come up with some alternative to the T4 as it is just too difficult for their people to use as best I can determine.

My wife has a 4Motion Passat and it seems that the setup VW uses is the dealer tech connects a laptop to the vehicle which connects directly to VW in Germany. The techs there push all the buttons and instruct the local tech as to what to do. This came as a result of the local techs world wide wiping the various memory chips while the vehicle was under warranty and the squabbles between the dealer and the factory over who pays while the vehicle owner looks on, not amused.

Anyway for me, I regard the Evo as my answer to the problem.
 2005 LR3 HSE 4.4L AJ-V8 petrol; Traxide Dual Battery; PIAA 2500K Yellow Ion H11 Fog Light bulbs; CounterAct LT-2 Capacitive Corrosion control; LLumar AIR80 Blue clear Infra Red blocking side window film; Liftgate manual release; Schrader Valve "air in" mod to OEM air suspension reservoir tank; Akebono ceramic pads; OEM solid vented discs; LR4 design hitch receiver; Wiggs D4 MOST bluetooth module; Clock on the Dash; 3 Flash signal light mod; Backup Camera; 2015/16 Nav Data update.  
Post #126012427th Mar 2014 7:18 pm
kes1907

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Java BlackDiscovery 3

Take it from someone who knows, bbyer Whistle

I was in the same position as you not so long ago. Had a 4 day wait whilst my independant tried to sort my D4 bluetooth after my local LR dealer said it couldnt be done.

I took the plunge and ordered a Nanocom

Best investment you'll make. It is not as daunting as you may imagine once you take time to research and understand exactly what it is you have. Customer service is second to none if you are unsure and the improvements/maintenance avaliable to you are incredible complared to the LR main dealer systems.

Kyle
 From the Factory: '05 Java Black D3 S-spec, Manual, Heated Fr & Rear Seats, Cruise, HK High Line.

Mods from me: D4 Bluetooth PTI, Napa Leather Smooth Wheel & New Gearstick Gaiter, De-tango'ed Light clusters, RRS Grille Mod, Hid's4u L.E.D's in every bulb holder, Centre Cubby Fridge, Colour coded front bumper with front PDC, fogs and halo DRL's. Dash vent illumination mod. More power sockets. 

Post #126022227th Mar 2014 9:06 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >