Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Central locking and system shutdown...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
longrod

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Unknown ColourDiscovery 3
Central locking and system shutdown...

Hi everyone, and a warm welcome to another thrilling episode of "What's wrong with my D3 this week?"

This time it's the central locking, but with an interesting twist...

The front passenger door lock stopped playing a few weeks back, just wont open automatically and so it's a matter of reaching across and doing things by hand from inside.

Until things got a bit more interesting today: - The wife calls me up to say the car unlocked with the fob (apart from the passenger door), then absolutely everything shut down, no radio, no lights, no dashboard, no locking, no ignition, no zippity-do-dah...

Luckily, the local friendly mechanic who has helped us out with about the last sixteen problems is only a hundred yards away, so she has a wander over.
Before she gets there, my 13 year old fiddles with the steering wheel, and back everything comes, which means she can get home.
Back on the driveway, now both front doors need manually locking but at least we can start it.

So I have fiddle with it this evening.
By now the Driver door lock will work again, so I have a play with the manual lock and unlock buttons on the fascia, which lock and unlock all three doors (apart from the passenger door) about five times until they both stop working altogether.
Getting out of the car and using the fob fixes this (apart from the passenger door), and oddly enough we have not had another system shutdown in half a dozen lock / unlock / scratch chin cycles.

Things working reasonably well at the moment (AFTPD), but not feeling to happy about letting her drive the clan around when this shutdown business could recur, possibly in-flight...?

Have been reading all sorts of stuff about the CANbus system and the "Central Junction Box", sounds like these could be related...?

Would be very grateful for any advice, and thanks in advance.

LONGROD

Post #114472616th Aug 2013 10:35 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >