D4 destroys oncoming motor
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
chocolademan

Norway 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

The title of the vid: "BRUTAL Range Rover WATCH"

Thumbs Up
 Faultmate MSV2 MultiVehicle
D3: Tailgate Actuator DIY: http://www.disco3.co.uk/gallery/albums/use...IY%7E0.pdf 

Post #96707718th Aug 2012 8:00 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Hairy Dan

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Oh I see Laughing Thumbs Up
 Cheers Ian
--------------------
Club N.E.R.D.S
Kielder 4x4 Safari
Discoless 

Post #96707818th Aug 2012 8:01 pm
MHP

England 

chocolademan- i have... the film title is "BRUTAL ranger rover" Thumbs Up

Post #96708518th Aug 2012 8:47 pm
chocolademan

And whats the title of this thread....? Whistle
"D4 destroys....." So you're right its a D4 Thumbs Up Wink

Thumbs Up
D3: Tailgate Actuator DIY: http://www.disco3.co.uk/gallery/albums/use...IY%7E0.pdf 

Post #96709018th Aug 2012 9:07 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Cyprus 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

I personally think it really does not matter what make or model of vehicle it was.

This was a truly horric accident, that probably happens far more often that we realize and is only bought into focus by the growing implimentation of recording cameras in vehicles

It really is a wake up call about constantly paying attention while on the road and always buckling your seat belt.

That last second swerve to the right will indeed have made a huge degree of difference for this poor fella.

Did anyone else notice that this chap actually kept a good distance from the vehicle in front even after someone else pushed in, in front of him.

Post #96736519th Aug 2012 7:21 pm
chocolademan

When comparing between a D4 and a Range Rover I totally agree that it doesn't really make a difference what model it is. Thumbs Up

It is indeed brought into focus by the implementation of camera's in vehicles and I think it is a very positive thing. It proves as critical evidence for police and insurers, helping to prosecute the guilty party!

The guy did keep a fairly safe distance, but kept on catching the car in front. Unfortunately for him he didn't have a good enough overview of the road in front. Thats why I love riding high in a D3!

Thumbs Up

Post #96738119th Aug 2012 8:27 pm
Terranger

Scotland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 5 Seat Manual Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

It really is a wake up call about constantly paying attention while on the road and always buckling your seat belt.

I disagree with your statement BBS Spy.
I'm a bus driver and I'm glad they haven't found a way of rigging up a seat belt cause I HATE wearing them!!
It should be freedom of choice.

I know a girl who was driving her "Sprinter"mini-bus back to the depot, when she tried to overtake an artic tipper,
Now, granted our roads round here aren't wide, nor, well enough maintained, but some of our "B"-roads are reclassified "A"-roads, so there is still some room for manouvere..., but, this lass misjudged the road and lost control on the edging, she veered back into the truck, bounced off it, back to the roadside, rolled back into the truck, and rolled twice before stopping.
She was catapulted from the driver's seat, through the opposite rear nearside window, and survived.., and that was because she had no seat-belt on.

Yes she was in hospital for a while, but she's alive and still driving buses today.

I'm sorry if this opens up a can of worms, but I HATE SEATBELTS!!

Post #9746998th Sep 2012 2:02 am
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

You don't have to like them but you cant get away from the fact that for every one lucky story of not wearing one saving a life ......there are thousands of stories the other way Thumbs Up
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #9747398th Sep 2012 8:30 am
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Cyprus 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

No problem Terranger.
I understand there may well be rare occasions that someone might be better off without than with.
But it's pretty hard to imagine that in such a head on collision as this, that you would not be better off with a seat belt that without, especially in a Bus with such a big windshield to go through.

Cyprus road laws pretty much mimics the UK's, Although policing is a lot more lax than in the UK.
Hence you constantly see folks here on their phones, and texting while driving etc, even to the point of seeing them weaving all over the place and many other aspects that show just how badly they are being distracted.
So as you can guess, a lot do not bother wear seat belts at all.

I myself confess to sometimes initially forgetting mine quite a bit over here, but usually i do put it on at some point in a journey, especially if i start doing any kind of speed. As a passenger i always put one on.

I actually pretty much miss the strong possibility of getting caught acting as an additional reminder, to help keep you in the habit, because in my younger days i was borrowing my dads car, and driving it a bit too keenly, when i lost control and had quite a speedy (40MPH approx) head on collision with one of the two poles of a very big sign that did not budge or even have a scratch on it, despite cutting through the middle of the front of the car like a knife through butter and actually pushed the engine into the bulk head.
There were no Airbags then, and so it was just a seat belt that saved me. I learned my lesson about the worth of seat belts right there and then.

So just a year or two later, i was driving someone home in my heavily souped up Mini, so was not going that fast, when someone quite suddenly and unexpectedly came round a bend on my side of the road at quite a speed and hit me squarely head on.
Neither of us had the time to brake, and so the total impact speed was quite substantial and the damage to both vehicles truly horrendous. The driver of the other car had a lot of injuries, but did survive and recover fully i understand.
Their survival was attributed to them being in a much bigger vehicle, which is something i think all D3 owners here can identify with, and of course the fact that they were wearing a seat belt.

So i guess you might figure that being in the much smaller car, even if we were wearing seat belts, as the driver of the other vehicle had such injuries that me and my passenger would also have significant injuries at least, and probably been killed, and you would probably be right.

However, having previously learned my lesson, one of the first things i did to my Mini was to replace the standard seats with very decent Bucket seats as well as removing the standards seat belts and fitting full 4 Point Rally harnesses instead.

As such we both walked away without so much as a scratch. Thumbs Up

Post #9748278th Sep 2012 6:14 pm
joeand

United Kingdom 

Shocked Shocked Shocked

Post #97834117th Sep 2012 8:42 pm
georgedb

South Africa 2005 LR3 TDV6 HSE Auto Chawton WhiteLR3

MarkOne wrote:
Jeeeeeeeeessssssssssss Shocked

+1 so quickly things can change

Post #124380627th Feb 2014 5:35 am
Ent

Iraq 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Terranger wrote:

I disagree with your statement BBS Spy.
I'm a bus driver and I'm glad they haven't found a way of rigging up a seat belt cause I HATE wearing them!!

I know a girl who was driving her "Sprinter"mini-bus back to the depot, when she tried to overtake an artic tipper,
Now, granted our roads round here aren't wide, nor, well enough maintained, but some of our "B"-roads are reclassified "A"-roads, so there is still some room for manouvere..., but, this lass misjudged the road and lost control on the edging, she veered back into the truck, bounced off it, back to the roadside, rolled back into the truck, and rolled twice before stopping.
She was catapulted from the driver's seat, through the opposite rear nearside window, and survived.., and that was because she had no seat-belt on.

Yes she was in hospital for a while, but she's alive and still driving buses today.

I'm sorry if this opens up a can of worms, but I HATE SEATBELTS!!

That is a very juvenile statement. For every fairytale you hear about "if he or she had been wearing a seat belt it would have been a fatal" there will have been hundreds if not thousands of people saved by wearing one. It's normally propagated by lazy wanna be rebels who in there own small way are trying to stick 2 fingers up at the establishment. I take it you've never had to scrape somebody up off the road after they have been ejected through the front screen?
 Club Exped trailer
Club Timed Climate
Club Flappy paddle steering wheel
Club 300bhp
Club Prospeed test pilot/lab rat
Club National Luna Stella conditioner 

Post #124382327th Feb 2014 8:00 am
BBDisco3

United Kingdom 

Terranger wrote:

Terranger Shocked ....

Surely you do have a freedom of choice already.

You choose to wear the seatbelt as required or choose not to get in the car.

Post #124387327th Feb 2014 9:34 am
Iguana

Ukraine 

That is just truly awful, in less than a couple of seconds a whole family could have been killed....really, really makes you think Shocked
 Iggy/Ieuan

Current LR =
2015 RR Sport Autobiography
&
1992 Land Rover Defender Camper

- Gone but not forgotten:
MY10 D4 GS
MY05 Disco 3 'S'
MY14 FL2 HSE manual in Blue
MY15 Disco 4 HSE Lux in Santorini Black
MY08 Disco 3 SE manual in Buck Blue
1960 Series 2 88" (No idea why I sold it!) 

Post #124387527th Feb 2014 9:47 am
Hairy Dan

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

There was a crash on the A1 yesterday between a lorry and a RR, the guy in the RR walked away with minor injuries Shocked

http://www.biggleswadetoday.co.uk/news/loc...-1-5902678
 Cheers Ian
--------------------
Club N.E.R.D.S
Kielder 4x4 Safari
Discoless 

Post #124388927th Feb 2014 10:31 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >