Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Finance, Insurance and Warranties

Tesco Warranty It's official it's THE END !!!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 6 <123456>
philhunt

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Thanks all. Going to try and book renewal for next March tomorrow
 Clubs Mantec, Tasmods, LEDS, AT2s on 18s, Maxxis Bighorns on 17s, Remote FBH, BAS. ReMap, BSS., RLD Personalised SWP., Safari Snorkel, Faultmate, Three Musketeers & MUD

Post #52661728th Sep 2009 8:33 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
B16 KJR

Scotland 

Just bought the warrenty at 12.15pm. No mention whatsoever about not covering 4x4. Double checked that they had the registration right and it referred to a Discovery 3.

Post #52682529th Sep 2009 12:15 pm
countrywide

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Graphite LE Auto Unknown ColourDiscovery 4

Renewed mine today 3 months before it's due on at £419.00 Thumbs Up

Post #52704729th Sep 2009 5:18 pm
philhunt

Well, something is clearly afoot with this Warranty despite posts that forum members have been able to take out a warranty in the last day or so over the phone.

If Tesco was intending to continue to market this warranty, why would the ability to apply online through their website be removed? Why is it so difficult to get through on the phone to either sign up for a new warranty or make enquiries about the ongoing security of an existing one?

My Tesco warranty runs out next March and I make a monthly direct debit to pay for mine. I managed to get through today to see if I could get any new information from them but it was a terrible line and I could hardly hear the person I spoke to. I asked him if it was likely that I'd be able to renew my policy next March (expecting him to offer me the opportunity to perhaps renew it now) and his response was very very cagey. He certainly didn'y suggest that renewing now was an option and the bad line didn't give me a chance to push him any further.

Well done Countrywide for managing to renew your warranty 3 months ahead of the current warranty's expiry date. Did you pay for the original warranty as an upfront lump sum or have you been paying for it by monthly direct debit like me? How did you pay for the renewal? As warranties are effectively insurance based, how are they able to accept a renewal 3 months ahead of time at the current price. Car insurance renewal quotes are normally only valid for 14 days or so and only available about a month before renewal date.
 Clubs Mantec, Tasmods, LEDS, AT2s on 18s, Maxxis Bighorns on 17s, Remote FBH, BAS. ReMap, BSS., RLD Personalised SWP., Safari Snorkel, Faultmate, Three Musketeers & MUD

Post #52707229th Sep 2009 5:53 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
B16 KJR

Scotland 

I got through today on the 2nd ring of the phone and was able to take out the warrenty no problem. I was offered the option to pay either by Direct Debit or Credit Card. I double checked that they knew it was a Discovery 3 and this was confirmed by the agent twice. There was no mention of anything else. £419 for the year, starting today.

Post #52707729th Sep 2009 6:07 pm
countrywide

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Graphite LE Auto Unknown ColourDiscovery 4

philhunt wrote:
Did you pay for the original warranty as an upfront lump sum or have you been paying for it by monthly direct debit like me? How did you pay for the renewal? .

I paid by direct debit and this will continue in January for the new one. She did have to check to see how far in advance you could do it, but said it was no problem. I should have the new documents in 7-10 working days. The premium and cover is guaranteed from now.

Curiously they didn't even look up my previous policy, they just started a new one from the end of December 2009. They confirmed the car and all the details of the finest policy and took my bank details, very efficient service.

I'll let you know when it comes.

Post #52708529th Sep 2009 6:33 pm
philhunt

Thumbs Up Thanks CW.

I'll ring again tomorrow and find out the earliest I can renew mine. Still think something's afoot though.

Post #52708829th Sep 2009 6:40 pm
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

Only problem I have is my car will be about 70k, assuming miles for Feb Tunisia trip, but Mrs DSL's will be about the 60k so don't want to pay for the Finest and get the Standard or pay for the Standard and be under 60k!! Big Cry Big Cry

Post #52708929th Sep 2009 6:42 pm
countrywide

Odd thing is they asked for my mileage now and used it on the forms. I won't do 10K in 3 months, but still surprised they took it now and didn't stipulate it had to be below 60K in December.

Post #52709729th Sep 2009 7:00 pm
DSL

Ukraine 

Spoke to someone this morning and was told I can renew now for April, mileage based on now (T&C had mileage at purchase) not when policy year clicks over. Just phoned to do that and was told TODAY was the last day that Tesco Car Warranty was being sold, they would be pulled tomorrow and no, I couldn't renew now for April, then I have to find someone else for warranty cover. Talk about one hand not knowing what the other one is doing!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

If you want Tesco cover get dialling, just in case I got through to someone that knows what he's talking about! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

PS Just phoned to see how far in advance I could take out policy (seeing if could renew for end of year) but was told that since it was being wound up it has to start "today or certainly in the next week"!!!! Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry

Post #52756230th Sep 2009 3:30 pm
philhunt

I knew something was up.

I hope I'm wrong but I doubt if Countrywide will get his paperwork for renewal starting January 2010.

Post #52757430th Sep 2009 4:00 pm
DSL

Ukraine 

Hope not but thought the same. Sad

Post #52758230th Sep 2009 4:07 pm
countrywide

I will not be impressed if I don't, we made a contract on the phone Evil or Very Mad

Post #52758430th Sep 2009 4:08 pm
DSL

Ukraine 

Have they taken your money yet as no contract until "consideration"??????

Post #52758730th Sep 2009 4:11 pm
countrywide

I considered it done, that's good enough for my law Whistle

On insurance, you don't need to make the payment immediately as long as valid bank details are given for it to be taken, otherwise if you set up a car insurance policy on credit and you crashed in the first couple of days before the direct debit is taken, they could claim they weren't paid and back out.

Post #52759030th Sep 2009 4:17 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 6 <123456>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >