Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Island4x4 - Am I being too fussy?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Sea Raider

Island4x4 - Am I being too fussy?

Placed an order for rear discs and EPB shoes on Sunday, order still shows as processing but was in fact delivered yesterday morning, parcel was in tact but on unpacking EPB shoe box was damaged and the brake linings on 2 shoes had also suffered damage.
Emailed straight away with photos but no response, emailed again last night but zero response.
Tried phoning several times this morning but phone rang out.
Further email this afternoon and received the following response in the image below, must say was slightly taken aback, am I in the wrong here and should have just accepted them?

Post #228397917th Mar 2022 4:17 pm
Hardware

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Sumatra BlackDiscovery 4

not at all in the wrong, I'd have done the same.

Post #228398217th Mar 2022 4:30 pm
Sea Raider

I would have thought if they had been receiving stock in this condition it would be rejected and not supplied to customers

Post #228398317th Mar 2022 4:38 pm
NJSS

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Waitomo GreyDiscovery 4

Your experience certainly isn't unique - this is from TrustPilot:-

I've always been happy with forum sponsors Advanced Factors : https://www.advancedfactors.co.uk/

Good luck in your tussle with Island 4x4 - keep us posted.

NJSS

Post #228399017th Mar 2022 5:20 pm
Sea Raider

I have used Island loads of times and never had any problems hence why I used them this time, however it will be the last.

I have only ordered from Advanced once for a timing belt and oil pump and the crank seal was missing when the garage went to fit it, wasn't really enamoured with their response although they did refund for the seal.

Post #228399617th Mar 2022 5:51 pm
al cope

England 

If most of their stock comes in like this are they buying in seconds. I wouldn’t want them in that state.

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark
Gone - MY18 D5 HSE - Corris on 22's with Black Pack
Now gone - MY16 D4 SE Tech, Loire Blue, Almond Leather, Privacy, plus some other goodies.
Old - MY12 D4 SDV6 XS Auto - Ipanema Sand with Almond Leather - Plus other niceties, and D4.com sticker
Older - D3 TDV6 XS Auto - Lugano Teal with Almond Leather, 20" Stormers, Shiny Tailpipes, DVD/TV - and obligatory D3 sticker
Ancient - D3 TDV6 S - Tonga with Ebony, 20" Stormers, satnav & DVD 

Post #228399717th Mar 2022 5:53 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Sea Raider

Thumbs Up

Post #228399817th Mar 2022 6:01 pm
nigethecat

Ukraine 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial XS Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Absolutely do not accept them... they should be going back to their supplier and demanding that these are replaced... I bet you didn't pay "seconds" prices for them!

I had an issue with them taking stuff back before so best of luck getting your replacements Evil or Very Mad
 I want to see the sweets before I get into your windowless van... I'm not stupid!

Corris Grey D4 Commercial SE 2016
Zermatt Sliver 2007 D3 SE manual (gone)
Indus Silver D4 HSE 2015 (gone)
Bonatti Grey D3 HSE 2006 (gone)
White D3 S (LHD) 2007 (gone)
Firenze Red D4 HSE 2014 (gone)
Black RRS 3.6TDV8 2008 (gone)
Rusty Green Defender 110 1997 (gone)
Black FL2 HSE 2013 (gone) 

Post #228399917th Mar 2022 6:04 pm
Sea Raider

lesson learned, I shall be voting with my credit card, next order will be with someone else

Post #228400017th Mar 2022 6:06 pm
PROFSR G

Ukraine 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 Commercial XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Island 4x4 had been my main LR supplier for a long number of years, and to a lesser extent Advanced MF.
In that period I had good service from Island but I found them very poor communicators, and there was absolutely no possibility of talking to them by phone. I think they state this somewhere on the website.

I never had damaged product from them but since Brexit their delivery times via Fedex have gone so far out of whack they're not viable anymore. Typically I would receive orders between 12 and 21 days after it has been placed. Shocked

Sam has always responded to my queries speedily, and sometimes even out of hours but I have found him short and somewhat unfriendly.

I have moved mostly to Advanced now.
 yµ (idµ - eAµ) ψ=mψ

Post #228401517th Mar 2022 6:56 pm
Shealesy

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Java BlackDiscovery 3

I’ve been having a great time ordering from Island recently. Delivery has seemed quick (bearing in mind I’m in the far north of Scotland) and I’ve even had a delivery charge refunded after placing a second (lower value) order in quick succession one evening, and receiving both orders in one package. Not having to pay for postage is a bit of a novelty up here Laughing And they’ve used DPD for all of my orders so far which are by far the fastest and most reliable for us.

Sometimes the packaging is a little excessive, my GAP IID arrived alone in a box that would easily have fit a full set of discs, pads and shoes, but well packed with loads of ruffled paper and copies of The Landy. Never had anything damaged.
 D3 HSE - MY05 - Java black
Vauxhall Insignia Country Tourer
GAP IIDBT G3
2x Colliewobbles and a Kelpie 

Post #228402317th Mar 2022 8:03 pm
Sea Raider

In fairness that has been my experience in the past.
To then respond the way the did today was too much for me in that they accept damaged goods and then send them out knowingly

Post #228402417th Mar 2022 8:07 pm
Motolab

Netherlands 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Tbh…. If your experience was always good with them (as were mine) can ruin one bad delivery (what i read, they even sent you new ones and picked up the faulty ones) ruin their reputation?

What if they meant only “ damaged boxes come in all the time from those suppliers” but they didn’t mean that the parts inside are known to be damaged….. writing is very short these days, everyone does that, politeness disappears very quick, to be interpreted wrong rather quick… and since Covid, “we” all are quick annoyed, far quicker than we use to be, lets face it..

Not everyone is very good in communication, low on staff, very busy and hiring someone in to do perfect friendly communications, is very expensive.. and lets face it, island4x4 have excellent stuff at very low prices (that is only possible, with doing lots of work with less or no staff)

Company’s have no gains to sent out known damaged goods, since shipment is expensive, if they have to sent twice and a pick-up… believe me, they are into minus with such an order… margins are minimal these days…

Reputation’s are burnt down fast, but what i read, they solved it by sending new ones maybe some delay, but is it disaster? (Not for me to decide, just a question)
 Best regards
Harold

Always looking for Pre '55's & Pre war British Motorcycles! knowing or having one for sale? PM please. I visit the UK 6 times a year

Ps. I edit my texts quite often, english is not my native language, so I will edit My “typo’s” etc. Wink 

Post #228405017th Mar 2022 11:02 pm
Sea Raider

When I originally placed the order, I didn't receive any emails supplying the tracking number of the parcel, it is still showing as being processed. I emailed to request what was happening to find out that the parcel had been sent and was then supplied with a tracking number.
When I found the damage (10am), I emailed straight away with photos of the damage, no response was received that day. I emailed first thing this morning and also called serveral times but had no response. My 2nd email of the day after lunch prompted the reply.
I have not as yet received any replacement and the damaged parts have not been picked up.
The most annoying thing was I wanted to do the job today or tomorrow, that is no longer going to happen and it looks like the company knew the parts were damaged and for that reason I will no longer use them.

It is a disaster for them, I was a good customer who was happy up until now and will now try a differnet company.

Post #228405217th Mar 2022 11:20 pm
Motolab

Netherlands 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

I understand you are annoyed…..

I just try to give you a look of the other side… we in this world need to do it together and i believe most of us (incl the webshops) are honest and working hard

As i have a shop myself i have a slight idea what happens in a webshop..

Just Try to sent out 50 or 100 or double or more packages a day, while you are also need to buy new stock, and answering hundreds of emails AND calls at the same time….doing your bookkeeping, taxes, etc. Etc… In one day.. that is sometimes impossible so it takes time…to react…

Believe me, everybody wants a answer the same day, same morning, same hour quite often.. when not, they pick up the phone… asking the same question, because they all have a deadline….

Understandable, but …..
 Best regards
Harold

Always looking for Pre '55's & Pre war British Motorcycles! knowing or having one for sale? PM please. I visit the UK 6 times a year

Ps. I edit my texts quite often, english is not my native language, so I will edit My “typo’s” etc. Wink 

Post #228405717th Mar 2022 11:36 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >