Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Island4x4 - Am I being too fussy?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Sea Raider

Thats all noted but for me its unacceptable to knowingly send out damaged parts.
Time will tell how long it takes for the replacements to turn up and the damaged ones to be picked up.

Post #228405817th Mar 2022 11:43 pm
Dave T

England 

I also use them a fair bit and have always been ok, theres lot of companies that don’t update shipping details these days.

Think I’m agreeing with Motolab, I think they mean all the boxes rather than all the parts.

But I do get how incredibly annoying it is and am always impatient for an answer. In the old days you would have got locally and been able to go back and talk there and then. Whilst it can be good and drive down prices for us, it’s not so good for suppliers, internet shopping has a lot to answer for.
 Joined the BMWX5 45e group
1994 Defender 90

2015 RRS Corris Grey/Black roof
2016 D4 Graphite Santorini Black
2012 D4 XS Orkney Grey
2005 D3 S Maya Gold

Convoy for Heroes 2011 

Post #228408518th Mar 2022 8:21 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Sea Raider

No replacements forthcoming so far and damaged goods not uplifted. We shall see what the new week brings although I have my doubts.

Post #228427519th Mar 2022 2:14 pm
Moo
D3 Decade 

Ukraine 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Put a stop on the payment with your CC company, let them deal with it and buy a set from AF.
 New Defender L663 110 SE (known as Noddy!)

Sold Volvo XC90 R-Design (known as Basil)

Sold - D4 HSE (Known as Gerty)

No longer the Old Buses original owner Sad
231,000 miles and counting
05 S manual owned from March 2005
D4 Face lifted
Still original injectors and turbo
V8 Front brakes
BAS Remap, Allisport Intercooler and deCat
EGRs blanked
T-Max split charge
Hanibal Expeedition rack
Prospeed ladder
Duratrac tyres
IID BT
BAS FBH control 

Post #228427919th Mar 2022 2:47 pm
reb78

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 GS Auto Baltic BlueDiscovery 3

They are an awful company to deal with. Their customer service is non existent. They are cheap and its fine when it all works but falls to pieces the moment you need customer service for an issue like you have had... and when you do, they are slow, rude and often simply fail to respond. Thats my experience anyway.

Some years ago I ordered a new rad for the 110 from them. When I enquired why it hadnt arrived i was eventually told it wasnt in stock and they would refund me and the money would appear in 6 weeks... I argued and got it sooner - why take my money in the first place for an item they couldnt get and why on earth think its ok to delay refunding?!

Some time later I bought a viscous fan from them for the 110 (giving them a second chance and all that...) - the thing was seized on all the time. Nothing would stop it turning. It sounded like a jet taking off all the time. I contacted them and had a similar struggle as you to get a response. They eventually replied and said they would take it back. They then contacted me and told me it was fine (it definitely wasnt, I know how a viscous fan works), threatened not to refund me (they did) and that they would resell it.

Dreadful customer service. I wont use them for anything anymore. The other landy forums are full of similar stories.

Post #228501424th Mar 2022 9:21 pm
altblech-schrauber.de

Germany 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

I need to vent off about them as well.

I bought numerous times of them, bearings, rads, hoses, even a crank, I was absolutely thrilled by their fastness and pricing, but recently I grabbed one chunk of poop after another.

FedEx lost one part out of a two part shipment, needless to say that from the german side was nothing they could do, since it didn’t arrive in the European tax zone, they old me numerous of times that I need to get in touch with the sender, so I tried. And tried, and tried and tried and finally gut a short 6 word message: “Talked to Fedex, they sort it out”. After 32 days my package showed up, badly torn, the condenser is junk now, it has been lying in Vienna airport for 20 days.

Tried to reason with new, to no avail, no answers at all, telephone is not been picked up. For my that was the last time I ordered there, and all my relatives, friends or whatsoever guys and galls that work on LR will be informed over this “mishap”

Is Advanced factors any better?

Post #228544128th Mar 2022 9:56 am
NJSS

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Waitomo GreyDiscovery 4

Quote:
Is Advanced factors any better?

In a word "YES" Thumbs Up

NJSS

Post #228544528th Mar 2022 10:13 am
altblech-schrauber.de

Germany 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

good to know, next orders will be placed there. Thank you

Post #228545328th Mar 2022 10:56 am
Motolab

Netherlands 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

altblech-schrauber.de wrote:
I and all my relatives, friends or whatsoever guys and galls that work on LR will be informed over this “mishap”

That is how it seems to work these days…….

People shoot to kill….

No “second” chances….

Really i understand frustration regarding delay’s, damage, quick response etc.

But…

TBH i order on numerous places, once in a while there will be a problem everywere… somehow..

Shipping company’s react very very slow by standard, so the shipper, does not get quicker response either…
if we want low prices, that means low profit for a seller… taking all the margins out to do exhange service, without having the goods checked first…. Low profit is also less staff, so no qualified contact staff, only grumpy technicians, while we need advice too, or al least quality stuff to be bought in and offered, often that (technical and communication skills) are not quality’s of one staff member by default..

I just want to show the other side of a coin…. Its too easy to kill a company on the internet… these days and since they also served us well in the past…. Maybe, just maybe they have difficult times now, and will improve again to their former standards soon….
They served me very well in the past at least.. incl, after sales service…

JMHO
 Best regards
Harold

Always looking for Pre '55's & Pre war British Motorcycles! knowing or having one for sale? PM please. I visit the UK 6 times a year

Ps. I edit my texts quite often, english is not my native language, so I will edit My “typo’s” etc. Wink 

Post #228549628th Mar 2022 4:02 pm
Gorilla63

United Kingdom 

I'd be pretty Censored off receiving stuff like that. As a business you'd expect them to be replaced as a matter of course and with urgency. Their supplier issues are not your problem.

FWIW - I've used https://www.jgs4x4.co.uk/ and found them fast, reasonable and communicative.

Post #228550228th Mar 2022 4:29 pm
reb78

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 GS Auto Baltic BlueDiscovery 3

Motolab wrote:
altblech-schrauber.de wrote:
I and all my relatives, friends or whatsoever guys and galls that work on LR will be informed over this “mishap”

That is how it seems to work these days…….

People shoot to kill….

No “second” chances….

Really i understand frustration regarding delay’s, damage, quick response etc.

But…

TBH i order on numerous places, once in a while there will be a problem everywere… somehow..

Shipping company’s react very very slow by standard, so the shipper, does not get quicker response either…
if we want low prices, that means low profit for a seller… taking all the margins out to do exhange service, without having the goods checked first…. Low profit is also less staff, so no qualified contact staff, only grumpy technicians, while we need advice too, or al least quality stuff to be bought in and offered, often that (technical and communication skills) are not quality’s of one staff member by default..

I just want to show the other side of a coin…. Its too easy to kill a company on the internet… these days and since they also served us well in the past…. Maybe, just maybe they have difficult times now, and will improve again to their former standards soon….
They served me very well in the past at least.. incl, after sales service…

JMHO

I know what you are saying but they are pretty consistently bad once any form of communication is needed. If they actually tried to sort out a problem without winding up the seller and being as generally unhelpful as possible then I would be more inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt. I think they would just tell you to F off if they thought they would get away with it. There are plenty out there with much better customer service.

I had an issue with something I bought from LRDirect - they got back to me straight away, could see I was a regular customer, apologised and sorted it out... yes, it caused me a delay in fixing the car but i still recommend them to others as they are good to deal with. AF are good too and answer emails. Britcar are back online again now too. Between those three you will find good deals and get good customer service.

Post #228550428th Mar 2022 5:08 pm
Motolab

Netherlands 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Yup, you have a point.

But then again that same LRDirect… they had no service to me, when a Dunlop airsuspension for my ,former D2 was faulty at arrival… they just ignored my emails, when i called they said, we have a look at it, nothing to be heard again..

Bottomline, “all” have their Censored ups once in a while i recon….

Doesn’t mean “that that is ok” no by any means…. But everything, incl image damage, is on the internet “forever” , i recon these firms have also people on their wage list, with families relying on them…
The good stories are not told as often as the bad….
 Best regards
Harold

Always looking for Pre '55's & Pre war British Motorcycles! knowing or having one for sale? PM please. I visit the UK 6 times a year

Ps. I edit my texts quite often, english is not my native language, so I will edit My “typo’s” etc. Wink 

Post #228551028th Mar 2022 5:49 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >