Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General (D4)

2010 to 2016My
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Red Merle

United Kingdom 

It'll be polarising for sure! Some will love it, many will avoid it - with very few in the middle. But then, if no one took any chances, we'd all be driving metallic grey BMW 320d's! Yawn
 2011 - 2015: 3 x FL2
2015 - 2017: 2 x D4
2017 to date: FFRR SDV8
2023 to date: 2 x FL2 as โ€œsecondโ€ cars ๐Ÿ™„

2021 to date: Hinckley built โ€˜14 Triumph Trophy 1200
2022 to date: Hinckley built โ€˜14 Triumph Trophy 1200 & sidecar!
(One of only two known to exist in the world!) 

Post #160845911th Feb 2016 4:05 pm
discofinnie

United Kingdom 2010 LR4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverLR4

Decided zanzibar too risky for selling time. Its already suspect with the new model coming out so I need to do everything I can to retain its value.

So now it's black or silver.

Black: Looks fantastic clean, gets dirty in 10 minutes, different to current car, rear lights don't stand out so much, looks too black with landmark bits.

Silver: Same as current 59 plate so when I put private plate on it hardly anyone will even realise I've changed (this could be a good thing), Rear lights in black look a bit funny, doesn't look as special - depends on mood as i love my current car, silver car highlights the landmark trims a bit more.

Wife likes black but she wont be the one cleaning it, I will (no hardship and now kids are walking they can just play with the hose anyway!)

AAAAAHHHH... Western world dilemmas eh!

Post #160847711th Feb 2016 4:52 pm
BBDisco3

United Kingdom 

Your last ride is in a black car Whistle

I stayed with silver when I changed and there was a notable difference in colour when side by side.
Also kept to silver wheels otherwise to me, it looked too much like a drug dealers car Laughing

Post #160849011th Feb 2016 5:11 pm
discofinnie

Looks like it is going to be black.. maybe I have time to change......

Post #160852211th Feb 2016 6:03 pm
discofinnie

Well thats it, deal done. Delivery end of March or before. A dealer pre ordered landmark with surround cameras, high beam assist and tinted windows in black. Order changed just an hour ago (deadline for changes was end of play today) and assigned to me now.

Pretty excited. Hello warranty, recovery in case anything happens to the wife and kids, 20" wheels, 8 speed box etc and because i got a landmark - Rear seat entertainment, fancy leather dash and door tops etc etc. Also hello polishing equipment again. been a while since I had a black car, used to have the polishing to a fine art - swirl removal etc so it's time to get that mirror finish again.

Deal breaker was a ridiculous trade in value of my own car. 6k more than what other garages offering!

Post #160858011th Feb 2016 7:16 pm
Slug

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4

Well done you sir - not jealous at all!!! Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

I'm trying to put together a deal for a new one, so would you mind sending a pm with the dealer offering top trade in values.
Bow down
 Still lurking, although moved to the dark side: disco5.co.uk
2019 D5 HSE
2019 Baby RR First Edition 

Post #160865711th Feb 2016 9:08 pm
CFB

United Kingdom 

Meridian audio system too Thumbs Up
 2020 BMW X1 18d XDrive X-Line Auto  
Post #160869411th Feb 2016 10:22 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
rikster23

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4

HI all,

I recently ordered a Landmark, in Silver with Ebony and Grand Black inside... First Disco, moving on from a 535d Touring as with 3 kids between 0-10 there just is nowhere near enough space. Gotta say I'm pretty excited!

Went with Silver cos I saw an Evoke in Zanzibar and it looked a lot like Gold... and the idea of driving round in a gold luxury 4x4... well, not sure I was really too keen on that. Current car is black and it looks dirty every day... apart from the first 2 minutes after I have driven it out of the car wash!

Have a delivery date sometime in April so hopefully the various camera/temp issues will be sorted by then!

Post #160885412th Feb 2016 10:53 am
discofinnie

Just got an email from the dealer saying car is finished build (before Friday which is always good - On monday when I asked it was in progress) and has been set as priority delivery so hoping to get it before scheduled delivery of the 26th.

Time to dig out the polishing equipment for this black!

Post #16226109th Mar 2016 6:35 pm
discofinnie

Tomorrow is pick up day.

Cleaned my own car inside and out today ready for the swap tomorrow. It still looks good after a wash.
Nice wee adventure tomorrow to go and get it. Exciting!

Post #162708117th Mar 2016 10:32 pm
discofinnie

Picked up the car as planned yesterday. No issues whatsoever. Really happy with it. Had mixed emotions in the dealership with all those fancy sports around and looking at the finance paperwork but once I drove away all that was gone.

Externally the car looks fantastic and I feel the change of colour and bigger wheel are enough to justify the change. Hard to beat a clean black car, won't be saying that after washing it every two days. Inside is the same but without the shiny worn wheel. New nav (compared to my 2009) is a bit wierd and this resorting to the home page at start up is annoying.

Biggest change is the drive though. I'd driven very short distances in friends 8 speeds and also drove one on an Lre day but not driven one on the road. What a difference, so smooth on up and down changes. Especially the down changes when going up hill. Amazing. After two days I'm still waving my hand at the non existent gear stick though, especially when parkijg.
Click image to enlarge

Engine also feels so much smoother. Ride is a bit jiggle with the 20s but still fantastic.

External temperature seems to be reading correctly and heating inside also seems fine but I like it cold anyway. Ill see what the Mrs thinks after a few days

Surround cameras a bit grainy alright but it's fine.

Post #162788519th Mar 2016 6:22 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >