Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General (D4)

Commercial D4 funding advice
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
pjb

England 

D4 commercial is treated as a van, so all vat is recovered & the user is taxed as a benefit in kind, but on a van its circa £3,500 per annum rather than circa £12k per annum if a standard D4.

Important thing to note if a commercial vehicle home to office is treated as business use, wehere as if a car it is treated as private use, so you can possibly avoid any BIK on a D4 commercial if not using it for private use.

To be honest I had a D4 commercial & paid the BIK as so relatively low.

Hope it helps

Any further questions happy to help Thumbs Up
 Previously those that have a special place in my heart
BV55YZD G4 RRS
BP52GJE G4 110 

Post #156712225th Nov 2015 12:33 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
pjb

England 

Walkzinho wrote:
If I wanted to exchange the car after yr4, I will probably roll whatever equity I have in it into a new vehicle.

Ive just sold the 10' plate GS with 90k on the clock to a local garage for £15k, so that'll sort the VAT & deposit on the new one with enough left over for a few bits when it arrives (side tubes, AT tyres, livery etc).

The beauty of the commercial is that it is written down within one year and will mean that I won't pay any corporation tax next tax year.

Do not forget the £500k AIA ends on 31st December 2015, although it may change in the chancellors speech today, after that it is standard WDA not so attractive !
BV55YZD G4 RRS
BP52GJE G4 110 

Post #156712425th Nov 2015 12:37 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
pjb

England 

woody32 wrote:
Walkz
That's great thank you just what I was after Thumbs Up

Thanks to the rest of you too Thumbs Up

LD
All good my end Thumbs Up
I will give ALPHA a bell and see what they can do Thumbs Up

Also worth trying Oracle Finance who advertise on PH give good rates & good residuals on PCP type deals Thumbs Up
BV55YZD G4 RRS
BP52GJE G4 110 

Post #156712725th Nov 2015 12:40 pm
Stevep5950

United Kingdom 

joness7
I'm running a commercial through a ltd company aswell.
If you are using a commercial vehicle for personal use it's a flat rate of around £50/mth.
Some small amount of Class 1a NIC aswell no doubt.
This doesn't include the fuel, I'm sure you could account for this in some way Wink
Compare this to the BIK for a standard version bought or leased through the company and it's a no brainer.

We had a decent years trading so bought two (50% down, 50% on very lowrate LR finance). No balloon to pay.

The benefit of immediately writing down 80-90K off the years profit means the tax bill next year comes down by a good chunk. VAT off all servicing and tyres etc all helps!

We tried Oracle for finance as they are across the road from us, when I told them it was a Disco they said they couldn't match LR finance...........they were right.

Steve

Post #156713025th Nov 2015 12:48 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >