Muddy Steve

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Firenze RedDiscovery 4

Thumbs Up
 MY16 HSE Firenze Red Loving it
MY14 XS (Gone and missing it like mad)
Firenze Red
Remote FBH (Beanie)
20" 510 style with Scorpions
19" 704 style with Duratracs (Once the winter comes) 

Post #149168823rd Jun 2015 10:49 am
jake

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4
Collecting New D4 next week

New car finally arrived at dealers after delay with delivery from factory of 2 weeks. We were originally advised vehicle would be delivered 2 weeks earlier than scheduled at point of sale, dealer was keen for us to collect on 31-10-15 (end of month sales target!!)
The car was due for delivery on Wednesday 28-10-15 but did not arrive then advised would be Friday 30-10-15 again car was not delivered by LR to dealer no reason was given. After chasing calls to dealer to try and establish what had happened (had it fallen off lorry and was in body shop) I was advised that LR quality control had pulled the car from loading line.
Meeting last week 5-10-15 with dealers general manager he advised that new quality control procedures are in place at plant and vehicles are held and sent back to factory to resolve issues rather than send out to dealers. Middle of this week advised car will be delivered on Friday 13-11-15 with collection on Saturday time TBC, no contact from dealer to confirm collection time for Saturday after several chasing calls to dealer, eventually manage to contact dealership general manager again. He advises that the car has computer/engine management fault code and that was the reason LR held back but they have not fixed. He then confirms that he instructed LR to deliver vehicle to them and they will resolve might be just update/patch fix to cars computer. The car now won't be ready for collection today but will call me over the weekend to confirm collection date.

Ok I am now getting paranoid if LR factory could not resolve within the 2 weeks they withheld vehicle from delivery and left with dealer to sort out. Should I reject vehicle?? Anyones thoughts? its a lot of money to pay out and then find I have ongoing issues with faults.

Post #156096314th Nov 2015 10:07 am
Red Merle

United Kingdom 

I suppose that its not even a rejection, so much as a non acceptance.

I would wait until the dealer's technician sees it and gives a verdict. Dealers are usually better set up for carrying out snagging work than the plant is anyway.

Working in an industry that supplies and services electronic hardware, it is far from unusual for an electronic device to fail the first time it receives power and then, when the component is replaced, it works perfectly for the working life of the product. This doesn't stop the client from assuming that the whole device is cursed and then worrying needlessly though! Rolling Eyes Google "bathtub failure curve" for more info.

And, worse than that, if you reorder you'll currently have an impoverished choice of models, colours and extras and that would be a shame.
 2011 - 2015: 3 x FL2
2015 - 2017: 2 x D4
2017 to date: FFRR SDV8
2023 to date: 2 x FL2 as โ€œsecondโ€ cars ๐Ÿ™„

2021 to date: Hinckley built โ€˜14 Triumph Trophy 1200
2022 to date: Hinckley built โ€˜14 Triumph Trophy 1200 & sidecar!
(One of only two known to exist in the world!) 

Post #156097114th Nov 2015 10:20 am
LandPhil

United Kingdom 

Very disappointing when you consider the financial outlay and the excitement factor of picking up a new motor - which is now seriously diminished.

Clearly you will be doing a long and detailed inspection and test drive before accepting and I would also be holding my hand out for some compensation, like a few extras, sidesteps for example or a free service when the time comes

Good luck

Phil
 FFRR Westminster TDV8
D4 HSE MY12 Aintree Green. Great car
RRS HSE Lux MY11 Stornoway Grey
Freelander2 SD4 HSE-Best car I have ever owned. 

Post #156099414th Nov 2015 11:36 am
Red Merle

United Kingdom 

Sometimes I wonder what's in it for the dealer to tell the truth about any pre delivery issues when it often results in customers demanding compensation. At what point does it become best for the dealer to conceal issues, get paid for the cat first and then hope for the best?

Post #156100014th Nov 2015 12:13 pm
jake

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Thanks for the replies, still waiting for the dealer to call me and advise collection date will defiantly be giving it a good look over.
Do you think I should ask them to set it up on diagnostics computer and show me to confirm all fault codes are clear on collection.

Post #156101814th Nov 2015 12:45 pm
Red Merle

United Kingdom 

It's always worth setting aside plenty of time to check it over (preferably before the date of collection). It's usually worth taking a day off to ultimately collect it on a week day when they're going to be at their quietest.

In your shoes, I'd be keen to get a proper explanation of the fault, direct from the technician responsible and get him to show you that the fault codes are clear.

Post #156102514th Nov 2015 12:56 pm
mac4RS

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Yulong WhiteDiscovery 4
Re: Collecting New D4 next week

jake wrote:
New car finally arrived at dealers after delay with delivery from factory of 2 weeks. We were originally advised vehicle would be delivered 2 weeks earlier than scheduled at point of sale, dealer was keen for us to collect on 31-10-15 (end of month sales target!!)
The car was due for delivery on Wednesday 28-10-15 but did not arrive then advised would be Friday 30-10-15 again car was not delivered by LR to dealer no reason was given. After chasing calls to dealer to try and establish what had happened (had it fallen off lorry and was in body shop) I was advised that LR quality control had pulled the car from loading line.
Meeting last week 5-10-15 with dealers general manager he advised that new quality control procedures are in place at plant and vehicles are held and sent back to factory to resolve issues rather than send out to dealers. Middle of this week advised car will be delivered on Friday 13-11-15 with collection on Saturday time TBC, no contact from dealer to confirm collection time for Saturday after several chasing calls to dealer, eventually manage to contact dealership general manager again. He advises that the car has computer/engine management fault code and that was the reason LR held back but they have not fixed. He then confirms that he instructed LR to deliver vehicle to them and they will resolve might be just update/patch fix to cars computer. The car now won't be ready for collection today but will call me over the weekend to confirm collection date.

Ok I am now getting paranoid if LR factory could not resolve within the 2 weeks they withheld vehicle from delivery and left with dealer to sort out. Should I reject vehicle?? Anyones thoughts? its a lot of money to pay out and then find I have ongoing issues with faults.

Funny enough, Our dealer contacted us the other week & said that there had been a problem on the production line for some reason. Our vehicle was/is due for delivery either yesterday or this coming Monday. He said he would call when it was delivered; so taking that there was no call, it should me this Monday.

Ideally, would like to collect next Friday.

Post #156105414th Nov 2015 1:55 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >