Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Photos, Videos & Media

D3 recovery while laning
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Allan_T

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 GS Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3
D3 recovery while laning

This was posted on another forum I'm a member of, was it anyone we know?

GAP IID Pro Multi Vehicle Defender L316 2007-2015 - Discovery 3 - Discovery 4 - Discovery Sport L550 - Freelander 2 - Range Rover Evoque L538 - Range Rover L322 - Range Rover L405 - Range Rover Sport L320 - Range Rover Sport L494
Electrical Fault Diagnostics

Post #12135927th Jan 2014 9:04 pm
beanie
Site Sponsor 

England 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 GS Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Talk about optimistic, it looks to be on standard road rubber Shocked
 Altox GSM FBH controller thread

IID Pro MV License - D3, D4 & RRS - Enabling, Updates, D4 & RRS Timed / Remote Climate, D4 Bluetooth fitting
PM me for details

Owner of the original "Beanie" grille
D4 & RRS style D3 grilles made to order

Post #12136177th Jan 2014 9:17 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Downhiller

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 3

brave man

Post #12136287th Jan 2014 9:27 pm
Allan_T

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 GS Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

The larger images can be found in my gallery, but if you zoom in on the front wheel (last image) you can see they're well worn GG AT.
 GAP IID Pro Multi Vehicle Defender L316 2007-2015 - Discovery 3 - Discovery 4 - Discovery Sport L550 - Freelander 2 - Range Rover Evoque L538 - Range Rover L322 - Range Rover L405 - Range Rover Sport L320 - Range Rover Sport L494
Electrical Fault Diagnostics

Post #12136397th Jan 2014 9:30 pm
simon_bur

England 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

It is a forum member, I'll give him a nudge and I'm sure he'll tell you all about it!! Thumbs Up

Post #12140168th Jan 2014 1:49 pm
matsquatch

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

I'm guessing that's one of the reasons one shouldn't green lane alone! Would be interesting to see that RAC get down there!

Post #12140518th Jan 2014 3:06 pm
Bessyboo

United Kingdom 

That will be us then (Johnnyboy997), we were out with my brother for some "non scratchy gentle lanes" which turned out to be the exact opposite, they are AT's but we slipped and were beached for a couple of minutes in a little puddle. Rolling Eyes
 HWMBO Johnnyboy997  
Post #12141688th Jan 2014 7:11 pm
johnnyboy997

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

beanie wrote:
Talk about optimistic, it looks to be on standard road rubber Shocked

At the risk of making myself out to be an ungrateful cock- or appearing 'precious' Embarassed we had had no issues at all until this point and were with a more than adequate 110 in front of us- who was about to back in to give me a gentle tug off the ledge that I had slipped on to.

I was removing the front lower panel that houses the recovery point when I was made aware that someone who wanted to come up the lane in a D1 was offering to use his winch- which to be fair we didn't need and had everything in-hand- but he was insistent and extremely 'keen' to use it Rolling Eyes

He then himself got stuck and ended-up having to be winched against the 110 to get to the point you see in the pic. He then winched himself into the lane and then suggested that he pulled me out from completely the wrong angle- which I politely corrected him on Whistle

He pulled me no more than 6 feet forward and I drove out of the lane a further 1/4 mile with no issues at all, no drama and no wheels wildly spinning- unlike our 'rescuers'- to which I am thankful- though we really didn't need them to be fair- all was in control and we had all the recovery gear we needed- and the car is on perfectly good General Grabber AT's- with plenty of miles left in them!

Sorry if it makes me sound 'precious'- but after being stuck myself in the past- in my D2- or helping people that have been stuck before- I never go unprepared or on my own! Thumbs Up
 D4 HSE in Stornoway- love it. Jaguar XF, MG TF, D2 ES V8 and 2x TR7s for playing!

Gone- D3- a fortune spent and now a lovely car for it's new owner; D2 G4 replica- Tangiers Orange and survivor of 2 Pot Noodle Challenge's! 

Post #12142808th Jan 2014 9:13 pm
cable

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Adriatic BlueDiscovery 3

Very good account of the situation. Whistle

Post #12146269th Jan 2014 3:55 pm
chalky

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

You haven't got a 3 Tonne Orange G4 have you ?
 Only dead fish go with the Flow !  
Post #12146379th Jan 2014 4:09 pm
johnnyboy997

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

yes mate- sort of- with the amount of new paint on it- my D2 probably IS around 3 tonnes!

If you know anyone who is in the market for it- let me know

[/img]
 D4 HSE in Stornoway- love it. Jaguar XF, MG TF, D2 ES V8 and 2x TR7s for playing!

Gone- D3- a fortune spent and now a lovely car for it's new owner; D2 G4 replica- Tangiers Orange and survivor of 2 Pot Noodle Challenge's! 

Post #121505310th Jan 2014 11:20 am
DurtyDisco

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tangiers OrangeDiscovery 3

johnnyboy997 wrote:

At the risk of making myself out to be an ungrateful cock- or appearing 'precious' Embarassed we had had no issues at all until this point and were with a more than adequate 110 in front of us- who was about to back in to give me a gentle tug off the ledge that I had slipped on to.

I was removing the front lower panel that houses the recovery point when I was made aware that someone who wanted to come up the lane in a D1 was offering to use his winch- which to be fair we didn't need and had everything in-hand- but he was insistent and extremely 'keen' to use it Rolling Eyes

He then himself got stuck and ended-up having to be winched against the 110 to get to the point you see in the pic. He then winched himself into the lane and then suggested that he pulled me out from completely the wrong angle- which I politely corrected him on Whistle

He pulled me no more than 6 feet forward and I drove out of the lane a further 1/4 mile with no issues at all, no drama and no wheels wildly spinning- unlike our 'rescuers'- to which I am thankful- though we really didn't need them to be fair- all was in control and we had all the recovery gear we needed- and the car is on perfectly good General Grabber AT's- with plenty of miles left in them!

Sorry if it makes me sound 'precious'- but after being stuck myself in the past- in my D2- or helping people that have been stuck before- I never go unprepared or on my own! Thumbs Up

Just to put into context what has been said here, here is the actual footage of the partial recovery......

Just goes to show that even the most capable of vehicles can be "momentarily detained" and I for one am not ashamed to admit that I have from time to time got my G4 stuck and needed a hand to get out......
 G4OC Secretary
N44RT Callsign NH89 

Last edited by DurtyDisco on 10th Jan 2014 5:14 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #121518310th Jan 2014 4:04 pm
sjmw

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Quote:
here is the actual footage of the partial recovery......

Blimey, would hate to have seen it had the wheels been "wildly spinning" Laughing

Post #121518510th Jan 2014 4:09 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >