Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Sat Nav slow in updating it self!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
pers1

Sat Nav slow in updating it self!

I just drove my HSE from Kristiansand to Bergen!
When I choose to take another road than "it" wanted the sat nav didn`t update itself only "told" me to get back on route.
It did not recalcoulate me an new route as I`m used to on my old GPS.
This also happens in the city!

Please advice

PerS Confused

Post #1315719th Aug 2005 5:28 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Winger
Site Moderator 

2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

I don't know what level of detail there is on the Norwegian maps, but maybe you have the route preference set to Main Roads, which will only try and route you on roads that match. I don't know which way you went, but the road from Kristiansand to Stavanger, which I took in a bus when SAS couldn't land at Sola, certainly wasn't that major! As I recall, the coastal highway is the main route, E39 isn't it - assuming you went that way. If you avoided the ferries, then the inland route is more minor roads I guess.

Post #1315919th Aug 2005 5:38 pm
pers1

Winger wrote:
I don't know what level of detail there is on the Norwegian maps, but maybe you have the route preference set to Main Roads, which will only try and route you on roads that match. I don't know which way you went, but the road from Kristiansand to Stavanger, which I took in a bus when SAS couldn't land at Sola, certainly wasn't that major! As I recall, the coastal highway is the main route, E39 isn't it - assuming you went that way. If you avoided the ferries, then the inland route is more minor roads I guess.

I`ll double check my setup!

Post #1316319th Aug 2005 5:54 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Winger
Site Moderator 

Oh, and if you hadn't got "Ferries" selected, then it would probably throw a wobbler if you'd turned down a road that headed for the sea......

Post #1316519th Aug 2005 5:59 pm
pers1

Winger wrote:
Oh, and if you hadn't got "Ferries" selected, then it would probably throw a wobbler if you'd turned down a road that headed for the sea......

Ferries is choosen! On my old GSP Germain 2620 i told me how long to next turn of in minutes and hours! Not just Miles/km and when it expect to arrive at final destination!

Post #1317619th Aug 2005 6:42 pm
Raymond

In my experience the sat nav seems to select some really strange route choices. For instance if you select main roads I can understand it may want to take you a slightly longer route to perhaps get to a faster moving main road but if you deselect main roads and your route happens to include one it will do everything in its power to guide you away from them,a fact we found out to our cost when we were travelling through France. We sussed something was wrong when the main route it selected to go south turned into a single track road with passing places! Using a map I eventually got back to the motorway south then it tried to take me off at every sliproad. It was then I realised that Main roads was not selected. The system I had in my previous car ( landcruiser ) was much simpler just pick your destination and it gave you the best routes. Stange thing is the system in the D3 is made by the same people and is supposed to be an upgraded version. Unless I am not using it right ( which my be the case) I don't find it as reliable. Having said that the D3 blows the Landcruiser out of the water!!

Post #1317719th Aug 2005 7:07 pm
Winger
Site Moderator 

pers1 wrote:
Winger wrote:

Ferries is choosen! On my old GSP Germain 2620 i told me how long to next turn of in minutes and hours! Not just Miles/km and when it expect to arrive at final destination!

With respect, perhaps you should peruse the instructions?! You can set it to give your arrival time, or the time to destination.....

I agree, though, that the routes it picks are sometimes a little strange!

Post #1317819th Aug 2005 7:38 pm
pers1

I agree....
It`s missing
The abvious more logical road choices, and faster recalculations.
On my 2620 i could choose calculation tim as fast better and best!

1. Time estimated to next turn
2. A more info function that shows: Hight over sea level, degres and so on
3. be abel to plott in the the sat coordinates to the destination if the road
adress is missing!
4. More Logo`s to choose from as destinations points
5. Better voice recgotion- easier commands!

For the 4X4 info: Degres of agles always nice to see. One think it`s steep, but it`s only a 20 agels!

Post #1317919th Aug 2005 7:43 pm
freeflytim

United States 2005 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverLR3

you can input sat coordinates.. its on a 'page two'

The easiest entry method Ive found is entering the phone number - if the destination is a hotel or food stop, (or bank, petrol, attraction, etc) odds are its in the system.
 Wa Hoo
-Tim
Chattanooga Tennessee USA
D3 V8HSE7HD
D1 kitted trail truck.
A Hummer is just a Hummer. A Land Rover goes all the way. 

Post #1364623rd Aug 2005 1:42 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >