DISCO3.CO.UK > General

Suprise and NO delight
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
wiggs

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

stapldm wrote:
freebie2disco wrote:

Not being able to get at the spare wheel nut without empting the boot and raising a third row seat. Evil or Very Mad

Freebie2Disco, It leaves a rub mark on the two plastic end caps of the seats directly over the nut (not too visible so I don't really care) and beats emptying the whole boot first.

I wrapped a bit of electrical tape round them first ..to stop the scratches.

Click image to enlarge

I used 3/8 drive instead as it fits better.Also cut down an extension bar so it sits flush with the floor.

Click image to enlarge
 G4 Gone ...but not forgotten  
Post #1371358th Mar 2007 7:38 pm
SN

stapldm wrote:
Freebie2Disco, I have already resolved this - I bought a 22mm impact socket with a 1/2" drive and blu-tack'd it onto the nut in the wheel crane hole to stop it rattling/jumping off, leaving the cover loose. I then bought a 1/2" cranked socket handle to store next to my jack in the cubbyhole. The cranked handle can then be forced (and I mean it, it's tight) down between the two folded rear seats and into the socket - This only requires removing enough from the boot to get at the jack and for you not to graze your knuckles as you swing the crank round. It leaves a rub mark on the two plastic end caps of the seats directly over the nut (not too visible so I don't really care) and beats emptying the whole boot first.

Total cost of parts, under a tenner. Not emptying your entire household contents onto the hard shoulder in the p*ssing rain to drop/raise the wheel, priceless...
This needs moving into the Tips & Tricks section Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)   
Post #1371438th Mar 2007 7:50 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
oliver77

Wales 

Who mentioned the timer on the FBH - can I add that as another thing I like about my GL and wish my D3 had or would I be lynched too? Rolling Eyes

Post #1371818th Mar 2007 8:28 pm
stapldm

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Nice one Wiggs! Why oh why didn't I think of gaffer/duck tape?!? I'm always bodging with it!

That's a very nice job by the way; and if I could have (locally) found 3/8" parts I'd have used that size in preference too.
 Dr. Ian Malcolm:
"Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should."
Transgenic tomato anyone? 

Post #1372158th Mar 2007 10:12 pm
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Take the plastic bits off (two screws on each), it's a lot easier to get the bar down there and you won't damage them
 The End  
Post #1372168th Mar 2007 10:14 pm
Shiny Silver

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Metropolis LE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Moved from Disco 2 2003 GS to Disco 3 HSE, and wonder why they didn't continue with the following;
Curry Hook of course (also useful as Handbag or shopping Hook); over visor storage for OS maps, rear roof nets for storing the kids things; cup holders in a centre armrest that the kids could reach! and without a rear step it often means climbing up into the rear to retrieve some of the shopping that has fallen out.
And why doesn't the second sunroof open! Question

Post #1372588th Mar 2007 11:36 pm
stapldm

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Slimer wrote:
Take the plastic bits off (two screws on each), it's a lot easier to get the bar down there and you won't damage them

Thanks Slimer Thumbs Up
 Dr. Ian Malcolm:
"Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should."
Transgenic tomato anyone? 

Post #1373349th Mar 2007 4:30 am
caverD3

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

I like the disapearing buckkkles in the back seat. It allows items to be placed on the seat and slid across. Very Happy
If you want it to stay up, try this: lift the seat clear, unscrew and remove platic cover, undo bolt and place a an extra waher and or spring washer.I haven't done so but it would depend on how you feel about playing with your seat belt anchors. Or you could just sqeeze some caulke into the spot.
Diclaimer: no responsability etc etc.....

Wigggs great tip Thumbs Up ......Get a sticky of it in tips and tricks.
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #1373379th Mar 2007 4:56 am
DaveM

England 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tangiers OrangeDiscovery 3
missing!!!

first time i have bought a non German vehicle in some time so maybe my expectations are too high but...

1. bulb failure warning system (had this on a 1970 lancia!!) hardly rocket salad
2. one shot windows everywhere
3. LESS cup/bottle holders !! - does anybody really need 10??
4. a clock where it can be seen without taking your eyes off the road (dont tell me answer is get HSE with nav!)
5. a seat that doesnt sink....... (they all do that sir...maybe your getting in the car wrong!!!!! Twisted Evil .)

little things that really detract from an otherwise fantastic vehicle

cheers
dave

Post #1373819th Mar 2007 11:18 am
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

Yup, the clock is a total disaster and the person responsible for that one should be strung up by his/her unmentionables. I'm disappointed they didn't combine the sound system display into the Nav Screen too.

Clock is fixed for 07MY, but no idea if it's software or hardware or both. (It now displays on the info screen in the instrument cluster). If it's software only it would be great to have a patch to move it to its proper place.
 I know it's not considered "kind" to say no these days, but no. Just no, ok? And if it's not ok, still no.  
Post #1373859th Mar 2007 11:22 am
wiggs

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Have put a wright up in "Tips and Tricks" about the spare wheel removal ...

If i have missed anything please let me know.
 G4 Gone ...but not forgotten  
Post #1374199th Mar 2007 12:01 pm
al cope

England 

Dave M

theres a fix for the sinking seat issue. Its detailed in a tech bulletin, and its a new seat base. get onto your stealer.

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark
Gone - MY18 D5 HSE - Corris on 22's with Black Pack
Now gone - MY16 D4 SE Tech, Loire Blue, Almond Leather, Privacy, plus some other goodies.
Old - MY12 D4 SDV6 XS Auto - Ipanema Sand with Almond Leather - Plus other niceties, and D4.com sticker
Older - D3 TDV6 XS Auto - Lugano Teal with Almond Leather, 20" Stormers, Shiny Tailpipes, DVD/TV - and obligatory D3 sticker
Ancient - D3 TDV6 S - Tonga with Ebony, 20" Stormers, satnav & DVD 

Post #1374879th Mar 2007 2:05 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >