Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General

System Failure - All error messages showing
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Young

Australia 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3
System Failure - All error messages showing

I went away for the weekend in my new 2007 Disco 3 TDV6 HSE. It is less than a month old with approximatly 1000 KM on the clock. I tried to start the vehicle in the morning, and had a multitude of error messages in the error display, and the vehicle refused to start. Two hours later it started, with the dashboard lit up giving me all the warnings, suspension at access height and in limp mode. Road side assist could not offer help and I was taken over 100KM home on the back of a tow truck. When I arrived home, the tow truck driver started the vehicle, and there was no evidence that anything had gone wrong. I took it to the dealer who could not diagnose a fault, but later told me that a wire connector was not seated firmly in the CANBUS connector.

Clearly not a great way to start - anyone offer any advice or have had similar problems?

Post #1361136th Mar 2007 11:31 am
ChrisGee

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Big Cry Exactly the same thing has just happened to me on my 04 TDV6 HSE (16,000 miles on clock) - only mine refused to start on leaving the Channel Tunnel (post arrival in Folkestone) - how embarrassing is that? I was eventually recovered by LR Assistance to Lancaster Land Rover in Reading and I must say, they were very good. The Service Manager had come across this problem before. They replaced the battery earth cable and a damaged chassis earth cable inside the off-side front wing. Touch wood - everything seems to be OK since and I,ve been driving it daily for the last week.

Post #1361916th Mar 2007 3:53 pm
CJS

Scotland 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

I bought my car second hand from a dealer and after two weeks I returned to a car park to see the hazard lights flashing. I thought the alarm had gone off. I tried to use the key fob to open the car but nothing happened. When I looked inside I could see the satnav and radio were on and so was the air con! I unlocked the passenger door, bypassing the key fob door release method, and sat in the driver's seat. When I turned the key all error messages you mentioned came up. Eventually the car started. As I was only two miles from the dealer I limped over to them. After two days the dealer found that the main wiring loom going from the back of the dash to the engine bay was not properly protected. The rubber protection around it had worn away and the wires had therefore been rubbing on metal. One or two had worn to the point where they were shorting. Most of the error messages were later found to be false. Once this section of wiring was replaced everything returned to normal. This was last August - it has been behaving since.

Post #1367677th Mar 2007 11:10 pm
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Sounds a plausible fault, whilst it's not great to have a fault that soon after collection, to be honest, any mass-produced vehicle will have a few problematic ones now and again Rolling Eyes
Personally, i'd be happy that the dealer has found the fault and rectified it - it would be all to easy to just clear the fault codes and send you on your way.... Sounds like you have some good technicians there 8)

Post #1367847th Mar 2007 11:27 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
a_paolo
Regional Moderator 

Italy 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Had a similar problem (a lot of alarm showed, gear, HDC, stop light always on and sospension go on Access mode cause the previous problem) after 200 km Censored ).
The dealer had my car from 1 week and no news (they are waiting for new board from LR, not yet arrived!
Very bad service for a car cost more 50.000 EURO!

bye, Paolo

Post #14074719th Mar 2007 7:13 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >