Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

G4 Cruise Control/Front Winch Compatibility
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
TJ101

England 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Alaska WhiteDiscovery 4

Slimer wrote:
The winch kit doesn't come with a roller fairlead, it comes with a lettrbox type steel one which works fine with the steel cable. If they left on the fairlead they used on the event it's probably be one of the D4x4 stainless ones that are about the best you can get for use with synntetic rope. If you want to get the same rope they used on the event I can let you know where to get it from.

Download the winch fitting instructions from the owner info site, you should be able to work out from them what they've removed/disconnected to prevent the winch from working. You say you have a few remotes but do you have the correct one for the 9.5XP?

Thanks, have 2 other defender, both with winches, the hybrid runs a 8274, that lead is different, but the 110 XS has a Warn 9.5ti, with a six pin lead, tried this, and still no joy !! will go and have a hunt for the fitting instructions !!

Slimer, have some plasma to go on the front, and Simon at D4x4, has some if I need to keep the org colour !!!
 RR TDV8 Vog SE, RRS G4 (Gone) D4 HSE (Gone) D3 G4 (Gone) 110 CSW TDCi XS
http://www.wessex4x4response.org.uk
http://forum.innovate4x4.com 

Post #1282177th Feb 2007 9:23 am
TJ101

cotefarmboy wrote:
All my lights and winch were disconnected but the supplying dealer re-connected them all for me but could not fit the fuses due to the regs. I popped the fuses in and bingo, lights and winch all operating Wink

Thanks cotefarmboy, the local dealer is struggling to see where they were disconnected !! ,(I found the roof ones !!) I have even got customer services to get special vehicles to call them, and give the dealers some pointers !!!

All the info is very much appreciated guys THANK you all very much, a pair of excellent site's Martin has got going here Smile

Post #1282197th Feb 2007 9:28 am
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

TJ101 wrote:
Warn 9.5ti, with a six pin lead, tried this, and still no joy
Ti has a different pin out from the XP, you'll have to get your hands on the correct one The End  
Post #1282727th Feb 2007 12:24 pm
Chris200100

Wales 

there is also two types of remote for the XP 9.5 the LR type and the one that comes with the winch if you buy it on it own.

I got the latter with a control box that will work with the remote if intrested.
 Focus ST500

Range Rover Classic

other modes of transport:- Volvo FM13 Globetrotter (13L 440bhp, 2200nm) nice new one

Post #1282887th Feb 2007 1:10 pm
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Confused I'm confused now Chris, the LR winch kit is just the Warn 9.XP bundled together with a winch tray, brackets etc to fit it to the D3 or RRS, same remote in both AFAIK
 The End  
Post #1282907th Feb 2007 1:14 pm
Chris200100

Wales 

nope there are two types, The one in the LR kit is 6 pin and when I got a new winch as mine wasn't working, I bought one from a 4X4 shop and just bought the winch it came with a conrtol box and remote.

When I tried the remote in the LR plug it didn't work and noticed it had 5 pins, the newer remote is nicer too had a light on it. I'll take some pics later.
 Focus ST500

Range Rover Classic

other modes of transport:- Volvo FM13 Globetrotter (13L 440bhp, 2200nm) nice new one

Post #1282917th Feb 2007 1:19 pm
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Ah, I understand now, you got the new version with the one you bought. I suspect the LR kits will come with the same once they've used up all the current stock
Old

New
 The End  
Post #1282927th Feb 2007 1:24 pm
Chris200100

Wales 

maybe, but the remote socket is on the control box on the newer one, plus they would have to add the extra pin to the remote if they are going to use a similar affair as the old one.

who knows with LR, I can't even get a touch up in zermatt silver they don't do it at the moment Confused Confused Confused and it's a new colour Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
 Focus ST500

Range Rover Classic

Post #1282937th Feb 2007 1:29 pm
TJ101

Well, I thought mine was a 6 pin ??,the socket has been fitted remotely, in the grill, The G4 is still at the dealers, so will check when she is back, As the dealers cannot/will not sort the winch, looking like I will have to do myself !!

At the moment they are giving me a yarn,that the G4 sport does not have any cruise fitted, and will be £2K plus to fit the modules etc Laughing yer right, according to LR web site a RRS HSE has ACC cruise, so best they get it sorted !!!

Post #1283317th Feb 2007 4:04 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >