Insurance claim - Blackvue saved the day
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
d3mad

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3
Insurance claim - Blackvue saved the day

I have a "Hit a Horse" video within the Blackvue files thread here :

http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic70979-552.html

I just want to highlight the usefulness of the video capture for insurance purposes. Worth a look and an investment as buried in that thread it may be missed by many.

The horse is fine incidentally - but the owner did try to say it was my fault initially. Then they were shown the video. Their insurance was obstinate also until they had the video and immediately asked me not to claim via my insurance as they accepted full liability!

They are offering like for like car hire and repair at an approved LR repairer. I am sure it would have been very different without the Blackvue evidence.
 2 x D3's (Twins)
TDV6 HSE 2006 - Buckingham Blue - Wintrac Exreme S
HIDS4U GVIF + Reversing camera
HIDS4U Blackvue HD front and rear
HIDS4U OSRAM CBI xenon bulbs +
HIDS4U LED's interior & exterior
CKO Twin DVB-TV Freeview Tuner
Traxide Dual Battery System with Optima
BAS FBH remote
Bodsy DRL's
Bodsy EGR's Blanked
V8 Brake Upgrade by Steve, Advanced Factors 

Post #107111113th Mar 2013 6:22 pm
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

d3mad wrote:
I just want to highlight the usefulness of the video capture for insurance purposes.

Good idea ..I've made it a 'sticky' Thumbs Up
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #107111713th Mar 2013 6:35 pm
muddywheels4wd

England 

Great to read this Bow down

I got my BV after being reversed into last September and the Censored later claiming I ran into her Evil or Very Mad

Northern Rail failed to supply CCTV requested then ignored my complaint, passenger focus watchdog found Northern guilty but wont do anything, Insurer wants to settle 50/50 to save them any hassle and the Police cant help without CCTV Shocked

Now pressuring insurer for court action but not seeing any progress Banging Head
 Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day! 

Post #107112013th Mar 2013 6:47 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

One of the reasons I bought mine, just need it delivering now by hids4u Sad

Post #107113013th Mar 2013 7:16 pm
d3mad

You will find it so useful. I have some great videos in the snow and off road where I live.

The cost is minimal for the insurance issue I now have after an unexpected accident with the horse. It has paid off brilliantly.

Post #107125813th Mar 2013 10:48 pm
d3mad

OMG! New D4 loan car after hitting a horse in D3 - Video

At last the horse owners insurance have delivered a courtesy car, a new Black D4 HSE with 2k only on the clock.

I though my D3 was special but this does drive lovely. Did drive one at the LR experience day at Eastnor Castle, but after a few hundred miles on road I am very taken by the D4.

As some may have seen, I hit a horse, which is recovering well, but D3 will be away of the road for a few weeks, so not doing so well.

I must praise again the Blackvue which saved the day as the video recording made their horse owners insurance solicitors ring me directly and requested I dealt directly with them to save costs if I claimed via my insurance.

The short video is on another thread but the quality when uploaded to YouTube is nt so good

http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic70979-552.html

Thumbs Up for the Blackvue which made my claim be fast tracked.

This post has been edited by the site administration team
merged - please keep posts about your progress in this thread
 2 x D3's (Twins)
TDV6 HSE 2006 - Buckingham Blue - Wintrac Exreme S
HIDS4U GVIF + Reversing camera
HIDS4U Blackvue HD front and rear
HIDS4U OSRAM CBI xenon bulbs +
HIDS4U LED's interior & exterior
CKO Twin DVB-TV Freeview Tuner
Traxide Dual Battery System with Optima
BAS FBH remote
Bodsy DRL's
Bodsy EGR's Blanked
V8 Brake Upgrade by Steve, Advanced Factors 

Post #107405918th Mar 2013 11:24 pm
d3mad

EasiDrive Accident Management

I have to say how brilliant EasiDrive have been. Www.easidrive.com.

As the horse owners insurance admitted full liability after seeing the Blackvue video, they asked me not to go through my insurance company and would settle direct to save extra costs.

I needed a replacement vehicle and the only way was to go via my insurance, which would mean a claim and a black mark own file which would affect the future, or hire a car and get refunded by other insurance. After a lost week as everyone wanted a £2,000 approx deposit for a Discovery, I was recommended to EasiDrive.

Next day they had dealt with horse owners insurance and I had a MY12 plate delivered. Just as well with the snow we have had.

Although an accident management claim company, they arranged the replacement vehicle quickly at no cost to me. Brilliant service

Post #107992129th Mar 2013 8:11 am
dangerdave

Admin note: post content removed at user request

Post #107998129th Mar 2013 10:31 am
d3mad

I agree with your comments and did insist that this was a claim for vehicle hire only and not managing the repair.

Working with the horse owners insurance solicitor directly, she was happy to go this route and was quoted before accepted. Also it is cheaper than if I went via my insurance and a claim.

D3 will be repaired next week with new wing, bonnet and door, plus wing mirror and wheel arch trim, inner and front bumper quarter, all on drivers side. Plus crack in windscreen.

This is being done by a body shop of my choice thankfully. I do agree that if I had used accident management with them, it would have cost much more.

Post #108002729th Mar 2013 11:11 am
MarsKy

Scotland 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Rimini RedDiscovery 4

On Sunday afternoon an 8 year old girl ran into the path of my Disco. She's in hospital and may lose her foot.
I had the driver behind me and a pedestrian as independent witnesses saying she ran into me and I wasn't at fault.
But there's always doubts over events, and understandably with friends and family of the injured. And the inevitable ambulance chasers.
But I had my Blackvue running. I hadn't checked the card in it in months; and these days I don't even hear the start-up messages - I just tune them out. So I wasn't sure if anything was actually recorded.
The Police took away the card, and the full sequence of events was there for them in a crystal clear, hi-definition video recording, with my speed recorded at the time (21mph).
So Monday afternoon the Police took me to pick-up my Disco from their forensics compound, and there will be no action against me. The recording should also kill off any idea of civil action.
I'm devastated for the young girl; but I thank the day Ian/ hids4u did the Group Buy on the Blackvue.

Post #11126194th Jun 2013 2:48 pm
Hairy Dan

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Terrible story and glad you had the camera footage to back you up although I would imagine I would be still pretty upset at the thought of the accident. Hope you're holding up OK and lets hope the little girl makes a good recovery. Thumbs Up
 Cheers Ian
--------------------
Club N.E.R.D.S
Kielder 4x4 Safari
Discoless 

Post #11126514th Jun 2013 4:00 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >