Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Strange things going on???
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Valhalla

Scotland 

Quote:
What I am trying to find out is where the EPB harness physically breaks through the N/S body sill, as it seems to trail off somewhere over the N/S chassis rail from the module side, and the internal harness looks like it disappears over the inner N/S/R wheelarch.

For the avoidance of doubt in the future, the internal harness runs over the full width of the N/S wheelarch, then breaks through the floorpan at the rear of the wheelarch, to meet the black connector block (for body harness separation from the chassis).

The previously repaired switch line I mentioned above (that I had to re-repair) was the yellow cable (by coincidence?). As it turns out, whoever had been "having a go" at this cable had also made a dog's dinner of the same cable at the main harness side of the rear (black) connector block. Needless to say, it had disintegrated. Oddly, an adjacent repair to another circuit had been done in a professional manner with the inline-slice/heatshrink kit so popular in the USA, and that looked like it was holding-up to the elements just fine. Both "bodged" repairs had fallen apart, the one at the connector block had even been heatshrunk-protected, just badly.

So this 09MY car has had repairs done twice now to the yellow cable in two places, as well as needing a new EPB switch this time (open tin of Lilt in the cupholder was a sure sign....). I wonder how many cars just need the yellow cable? So whatever Solihull could have learned from the early D3's EPB harnesses, they must have just ignored for production - bearing in mind a TSB was out on this one quite early in the production. Whistle

Post #124251425th Feb 2014 1:10 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >