Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Driver Seat clicks forward and backward when driving?!!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
bkehoe

Ireland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

My seat was making an increasingly annoying clicking noise, but with no visible movement. I attempted to tighten everything I could access with no change. Dealer tightened everything they could without having to remove the seat when it was in for a service, and now the problem is fixed! Smile
 IE - 05 D3 TDV6 HSE - Zambezi Silver
SA - 07 VW Golf TDI - White - Sold! 

Post #11819310th Jan 2007 12:50 am
SimonT

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

I'm not going mad! Very Happy I posted on this very subject early last year and still have the problem after two trips to the dealer and two "I'm sorry we can't find any fault and we haven't heard of it happening before" conclusions.
A printout of this thread is obviously my next move.

Post #11845810th Jan 2007 9:19 pm
Moodyfay

Switzerland 2007 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Hi Simon,

I'm sorry you're having the same problem as me, and "Respect" to you for having put up with the clicking seat for so long...I have dropped the car off this morning to hopefully solve the problem. If you prefer, you can wait until I get my car back (hopefully fixed), then you can tell your LR garage what the fix is.

I will let you all know the second I get my car back by posting a reply to this thread. Best regards,

Moody

Post #11849810th Jan 2007 10:15 pm
SimonT

I am away from home (and my Disco) for a week so I have no option but to wait just a little bit longer but any further info would be greatly appreciated, not only by me, but also my local dealership.

Anything that will save the embarrassment of driving miles with a pale LR tech beside me, while performing McCraesque (?) stunts, in order to get the seat to move 1-2 mm will be a blessing! I'm sure the dealer is wondering what ever happened to the Good 'ole Land Rover customer who never complained but this fault is unbelieveably annoying and, after spending a small fortune on the vehicle, surely it is not too much to ask.

Sorry, heading into rant mode! Confused I will post now and look out for your next post.

Good luck Moody

Post #11862911th Jan 2007 8:53 am
Moodyfay

Switzerland 2007 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Hey Simon, Hey all Sad

Well I guess you already know what I am about to say regarding my seat clicking problem!! The car has been in the garage since yesterday but I did get a call from them this afternoon telling me the car is ready. I was so excited to go and pick it up, thinking the problem was sorted.

The head mechanic greets me and tells me the problem is really quite common with Discoveries. They took my seat off and tightened up the rails and mechanism thinking it would solve it. The result is mediocre...as the seats move "less" or should I say "Click" less but there still is movement. The only real fix is to have the entire base of the seat replaced under warranty, but how am I supposed to know if and how long a new seat base will last before it also develops play?

I am confused and angry. These cars are not cheap, and to have a problem like this with less than 2'000 Kms on the clock really does make me wonder how the future will be. I have ordered the new seat base as well as the entire mechanism from my dealer in Switzerland, as I'm in France at the moment. I will keep you all informed as to how things develop. I will be back in Switzerland in February so I doubt I will have news before then.

Best regards,

Moody

Post #11885911th Jan 2007 6:30 pm
SimonT

Moody,

Sorry to hear that your luck hasn't changed. The frustration is soul destroying isn't it? I have become somewhat resolved to the fact that I may never get the fault sorted but I am going to have one last go before the Disco runs out of warranty at the end of this year.

This is, without doubt, the best vehicle I have ever owned but things like this really do test your patience.

Let me know how you get on with your new seat base.

Keep the faith! Wink

Post #11891911th Jan 2007 9:04 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >