Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Electrical fault
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
kennyd

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Unknown ColourDiscovery 3
Electrical fault

HELP ive got a problem with my disco 3. While driving along the outside indicators started flashing but nothing in the car, i pulled over and turned the engine off and noticed the EPB was flashing and not staying on as normally woukld. When i tried to restart the engine it was dead but with dash light all on as normal. There was HDC fault indicated but when turning the key no solenoid or anything.
I had a problem with similar symptoms at start of year when i bought the car but battery was dodgy, I bought a brand new bosch battery and have checked battery which is at 12.6 volts.
Could problem be linked to immobiliser or key?
Thanks in advance.

Post #96898424th Aug 2012 8:23 am
Flack

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

You dont say if your car is auto or manual I would do a hard reset first on the battery and then if still nothing when you turn the key, if auto check the gear linkage is not binding up and that your are actually in neutral or park with the gear lever. Have you tried a spare key..

Other than that you need to get the car on a diagnostic check to what codes are logged.

Flack Thumbs Up

Post #96898824th Aug 2012 8:33 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
kennyd

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Unknown ColourDiscovery 3

thanks for help, the car is a manual and already tried disconnecting the battery. So looks like i ve got a nasty bill on my hands. BUMMER.

Post #96901324th Aug 2012 9:29 am
Flack

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

kennyd wrote:
thanks for help, the car is a manual and already tried disconnecting the battery. So looks like i ve got a nasty bill on my hands. BUMMER.

A hard reset is not just disconnecting the battery look in the wiki pages on the top of the board it explains how to do it, but you disconnect both battery leads and join them together THE LEADS not the battery terminals for about a minute and then see if that helps..

But I had a similar problem with one at the week end and the BCU module had gone corrupt with the same errors, does the key not lock and unlock the doors as well.?.

Flack Thumbs Up

Post #96902824th Aug 2012 9:48 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Disco_Mikey

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

You have a CAN-BUS issue.

Can be quite a lengthy procedure to narrow the fault down to a specific module or area of wiring...
 My D3 Build Thread

TDV8 Retrofit Build Thread 

Post #96903124th Aug 2012 9:56 am
top-tech

United Kingdom 

Yes you have an open circuit on the CAN bus.2 possible causes are the instrument pack and the heating control module. If the fault is happening it should be easy to find,will just take a bit of time.for the instrument pack check,just turn ignition on and tap the top of the dash above the instrument pack usually it comes back on. If it does a new pack is required. The heater module can be by-passed by linking the 2 yellow/White wire and the yellow/blue wires.also check the wiring by the nearside rear wheel wires can rub through on suspension strut. Happy hunting

Post #96998527th Aug 2012 8:16 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >