Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Egr blanking
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
philby258

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3
Egr blanking

Hi I am new to the group and I have a few issues with my 55 d3 I have only had the car 2 months and had numerous egr fault codes p0405,p140a and the dreaded p132b code. So I purchased the bas blanking kit fitted it deleted the faultcodes with my hawkeye and tested the car on the motor way did approximately 20 miles hard driving had 4 esf,s 3 of which went into limp mode, stopped turned off ignition to reset each time,the fourth esf did not go into limp mode so carried on with no effects on the engine. Connected to hawkeye 4 codes the 3 already mentioned and a new one p0046 turbo boost control solenoid 'a' circuit range/performance. Took the d3 to an indie they said I should have unplugged the egr's the did this free of charge. No mention in bas blanking instruction to unplug the egr's. Cleared the codes again p0405 and p140a would not clear, tested the car again same thing again 4 codes including the 2 I could not clear. I am due to take the caravan over the m 62 to east yorkshire at the end of the month I am dreading the journey as I feel I cannot trust the car. If any one can shed any light on my problems it will be greatly appreciated. Other than that the d3 if fantastic with its d4 face and ass lift.
Great group and some interesting reading.
Regards to all Phil, Stockport cheshire.

Last edited by philby258 on 4th Jul 2012 11:29 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #9493191st Jul 2012 7:57 pm
Flack

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

philby258

You need to get it checked out proper and there is no need to disconnect the egr's for testing as well. I can test it out out for if you want a trip to preston as there seems to be another problem if the codes are not clearing as your year of car should not be effected with limp mode if the egr's are playing up and you have blanked them off.
Drop me a pm or email if you want me to check it out for you.

Flack Thumbs Up

Post #9493271st Jul 2012 8:12 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
bellautos

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 SE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

As Flack says it does need looking at as blanking the egrs providing you have done it per the instructions does not cause limp mode on a 2005 car.

Pete

Post #9494021st Jul 2012 10:56 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
philby258

bellautos wrote:
As Flack says it does need looking at as blanking the egrs providing you have done it per the instructions does not cause limp mode on a 2005 car.

Pete

Hi Pete, nice to meet you, yes I did it as to your instructions, it was the indie that disconnected the egr plugs, they said it should be done, should I reconect them and test again I assumed the 2 codes my hawkeye didn't delete was because the valves were disconnected. I think the limp mode was something to do with P0046 and P132B. Runs fine around town but hit the motoway and its bing bong all the way.
Thanks to you too Flack I may take you up on your offer if I don't get it sorted

Post #9494121st Jul 2012 11:14 pm
bellautos

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 SE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Hi

Yes id reconnect them, you may always see an egr related fault if you have faulty valves as you have only mechanicly blanked them and not electrically deleted them so this is normal for the age of car. If you reconnect them and you still have limp mode then you have some other issue going on that will need addressing.

Pete

Post #9494201st Jul 2012 11:30 pm
philby258

bellautos wrote:
Hi

Yes id reconnect them, you may always see an egr related fault if you have faulty valves as you have only mechanicly blanked them and not electrically deleted them so this is normal for the age of car. If you reconnect them and you still have limp mode then you have some other issue going on that will need addressing.

Pete

Thanks for your help will re connect tomorrow and take her for a blast

Post #9494211st Jul 2012 11:36 pm
Chicken Duck

Vatican 

You did take the butterfly valve out also didn't you?

Post #9501723rd Jul 2012 9:27 pm
philby258

Disco duck wrote:
You did take the butterfly valve out also didn't you?

Yes and it came out remarkable easy

Post #9501903rd Jul 2012 9:52 pm
philby258

Finally got the motor sorted with a new turbo under warranty, goes like the wind now, might look at a remap next any suggestions?

Post #96488311th Aug 2012 10:29 pm
Flack

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

philby258 wrote:
Finally got the motor sorted with a new turbo under warranty, goes like the wind now, might look at a remap next any suggestions?

Errr.. Pete Bell from Bell Auto's Whistle

Flack Thumbs Up

Post #96500612th Aug 2012 4:36 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >