Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

ProSpeed in Australia and our new underbody protection
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 4 <1234>
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Got to agree with Mr Amazing here, surely China Russia India etc have to be the places to be selling aftermarket kit.

Post #9625285th Aug 2012 8:51 am
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

amazing wrote:
I think it looks rather spiffing.

but the real market is here.

Just paint the pieces gold & get the Chinese & Aussie atheletes to carry them back, say they are the new type gold medals. They (well some of them) wont know the difference!! Whistle Laughing Thumbs Up

Post #9625805th Aug 2012 11:32 am
prospeed
Site Sponsor 

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Gentlemen,

Before this post takes completely the wrong tone, I thought I'd jump in (feet first as usual)!

The reallity nowadays is that people don't want their leg lifted. As a company you can stratagise and theorise your pricing structure and your business model many different ways. We have a very simple strategy - honesty and quality.

Middlemen have a place in the supply chain (as long as they don't abuse it). And, because we design, engineer and manufacture all our products in our own offices and workshops in Yorkshire, when it comes to distibuting them around the world, we need help! All shipping companies have a business model and price structure based on volume, it's the only way it works. If you only ever have one unit going to Australia, the shipping is very expensive which is to be expected.

The only way to overcome that problem is to work with someone. Not so much a middle man, but a partner. It is for us to work together to to give you a better service. Not to price fix, and certainly not to lift your leg. It is our job to ensure the partner in Australia is offering our products at fair prices. Getting the right balance of all the ingredients which will allow them to do that is what we are finalising now. Suffice to say, if you were to buy a product through our new Australian partner it will be a fair price, and much, much cheaper overall than buying one direct from us. Unless of course you want to buy 10 of everything!

Many thanks,

Olly

Post #9625935th Aug 2012 12:31 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
grzesiul

Poland 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

guys
do you have better picture of the rear section of that set? tank guard and rear diff guard
can the pieces be installed separately?
G

Post #9625945th Aug 2012 12:33 pm
RLD
Uncle Ray 

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Olly you know that ever you do there will always be some one to disagree with what ever you do just get on and do whats best for you the things you do is second to non so it will always be sought after you have no worries about it Thumbs Up
 Home of RLD Hidden winch mounts Spare wheel Locks Trailer Body Fabrication [email protected] D3/4 sump plates MY 14 sump plates and the Discovery Sport wheel protectors Discovery 5 wheel locks
more Helsport tents and other things for camping Law of Mechanical Repair:
"After your hands are coated with grease, your nose will begin to itch and you'll have to pee!" 

Post #9626025th Aug 2012 12:50 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
prospeed
Site Sponsor 

Comin from Uncle Ray, I take that as a great compliment - thank you sir. Very Happy

Post #9626085th Aug 2012 12:57 pm
RLD
Uncle Ray 

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Yes i have made things all my life but on a small scale as i do not need the problems that you some times get but you goods are products are something different they are the best that i have seen so far and i know you will do well with them on the world market i send a few of my bits all over the world only and know its difficult i small amounts you just carry on and do you thing Thumbs Up
 Home of RLD Hidden winch mounts Spare wheel Locks Trailer Body Fabrication [email protected] D3/4 sump plates MY 14 sump plates and the Discovery Sport wheel protectors Discovery 5 wheel locks
more Helsport tents and other things for camping Law of Mechanical Repair:
"After your hands are coated with grease, your nose will begin to itch and you'll have to pee!" 

Post #9626185th Aug 2012 1:32 pm
grzesiul

Poland 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

I can second that
practical well designed and well made coing with great deal of wicked accessories
I would even say you guys lead on the market now with whatyou produce

G

Post #9626245th Aug 2012 1:43 pm
InnuendoMaster

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

I am also a happy customer of Prospeeds. Awaiting more details on the swing away wheel carrier, as that's what I am after too. Never do I want to change a spare from underneath.

Post #9626275th Aug 2012 1:56 pm
disco_potter

Australia 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Alaska WhiteDiscovery 3
ProSpeed in Aus

Wandering off topic slightly but I really like the look of your expedition roof rack. If you get a distributor of your underbody protection are you likely to have the rack available in Australia too?
 Discovery 3 SE 2009
Track Trailer Tvan Murranji 2012 Camper Trailer 

Post #9635668th Aug 2012 3:58 am
prospeed
Site Sponsor 

Hi disco_potter,

Yes absolutely, everything we make for the off road market will become available through the expedition centre.

Regards

Post #9637168th Aug 2012 2:09 pm
prospeed
Site Sponsor 

It looks as though the first order from Mulgo expedition centre will be made at the beginning of September. If you live in Australia or New Zealand and would like any ProSpeed Off Road parts then please declare your interest to either ourselves - [email protected] - or to Daniel at Mulgo - [email protected]. The order is already quite large so the shipping costs can only get better.

Prices for the underbody protection aren't far away, we are just finalising a few things.

Regards,
Ben

Post #96575314th Aug 2012 3:14 pm
prospeed
Site Sponsor 

Prices are up! http://www.prospeed-offroad.co.uk/products/discovery-3-4.html

If any of you are going to Peterborough this weekend keep an eye out for Lee Entwistle (Ent), he will have some of the gear on his D4.

Post #9739886th Sep 2012 11:24 am
prospeed
Site Sponsor 

Photo render with bracketry included

Full underbody protection for the D3 and D4

All of the parts are available separately.

Prices are on our website - http://www.prospeed-offroad.co.uk/products/discovery-3-4.html

Post #9743997th Sep 2012 10:48 am
steve223

Australia 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 3

the web site

http://www.prospeed-offroad.co.uk/

does not load?

Post #100553219th Nov 2012 1:13 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 4 <1234>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >